The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ladybug.hugsxoxo
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1370207984.780908.jpgGuys could someone answer the (ii) question for me -.-

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wash hands/sterilise. Isolate people with the Mrsa bacteria so it doesn't spread

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1261
Original post by goldenfish
Just wanted to say good luck to everyone :biggrin:

You too, man!
Smash it!
:wink::smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
guys like what is the purpose of co-factors/enzymes - i.e in what context do we need to know about them what do they doooo
i feel like its gonna come up for some reason :|
If anyone has any good tips for the exam then pleaseeeee share! :smile:
Original post by mgmtunicorn
guys like what is the purpose of co-factors/enzymes - i.e in what context do we need to know about them what do they doooo

have you guys done all the past papers?
Original post by Kitnimohabbathai
have you guys done all the past papers?

im going to try and do all of them before i sleep hopefully!
Original post by Hannah196
im going to try and do all of them before i sleep hopefully!

same I left it last min...really worried now :/ still have specimen, june 2009 and jan 2010 left :frown: there no jan 209 paper right?
are fungi saprotrophic? june 2012 says they are heterotophic but the book mentioned that they were saprotrophs?
same I left it last min...really worried now :/ still have specimen, june 2009 and jan 2010 left :frown: there no jan 209 paper right?

ive done them more or less im just going back over the hard ones :c

(p.s is your username in urdu?)
are fungi saprotrophic? june 2012 says they are heterotophic but the book mentioned that they were saprotrophs?

They both mean the same thing really - saprophytic just beens eats decaying matter, so kinda like a sub-heading of a heterotroph
Reply 1270
Original post by mgmtunicorn

I'll give it try to explain...

PURPOSES:
Co-factors - they administer the binding between the production of enzyme-substrate complexes making it easier to form.
IMPORTANT: They act like your classical catalytic behaviour; they aren't consumed whatsoever within the reaction.
EXAMPLES: Magnesium ions are found in Hydrolase - the enzyme in charge of decomposing chemical bonds during Hydrolysis.

Co-enzymes - they are also described as organic co-factors.
- they participate in reactions whilst changing it.
- behaves as a carrier - there are more chemical groups between enzymes.

Helpful!?
This is not a huge aspect of the Enzymes module, but is a sneaky three/four mark in plain context, and around five maximum in a applicational context - with all their scene settings.

:biggrin::wink::smile:
Hope it helps!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1271
May the odds be forever in your favour guys, GOOD LUCK!
What does everyone think on clonal Expansion? It hasnt come up....not that i can see
Reply 1273
Original post by Nas.
Do you guys think stuff on carbohydrates, amino acids/proteins, and lipids will come up quite a lot?
Also, which one do you reckon is better to cover thoroughly right now, module 2 or module 3?

Personally!?
I think a F322 examination would have hope for many candidates without the Carbohydrates module being heavy included - either through plain context or through application.

LOL.
I say, in my opinion, to cover module three - it is too misleading enough to go in the examination without having solid abilities to see through their tricks!

:smile::wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1274
Hey can anyone go over the reaspns for conservation of biodiversity??
Reply 1275

If I'm correct, the specification had been renewed STARTING from June 2009...
So!?
I am going to say no to there being one.
:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DrTK278

In Situ-conserving (an endangered) species within its habitat, this is ideal due to the organism as it is already adapted to this habitiat
Ex situ- conserving a species out of its habitat into a zoo for example or nature reserve in another country with a different environment
Original post by DrTK278

Economic reasons;
Ecotourism
Scientific research
Medicine or useful things can be developed from them

Ethical;
Animals/plants should be left alone
It is our right to look after them as humans
Religious

Aesthetic;
It has been proven that people feel less stressed when looking at beautiful things

Also plants are vital for us due to the fact that they photosynthesise to give us CO2
Agriculture is important
Maintain biodiversity
Fertilisation of soil
Someone breakdown Clonal expansion for me please
Good luck everyone :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending