The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

A Video Markscheme for S1 May 2013 Question 3
Hope it helps

[video="youtube;f3SnFk0C9V4"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3SnFk0C9V4[/video]
Reply 761
Original post by Ayesha Rathod
what if the venn diagram is drawn using decimal propabilities

I did this too. Depends on how picky the mark scheme is. Arsey said it should be okay.
I completely messed this up - i was not ready for it at all!!! I didn't understand my teacher one bit - I'm sure I have a U - do you think they'll let me retake? I GOT A c for C1 but redid that.....
What if in the venn diagram I know the part time people, and full time people and contractor are not supposed to have an intersection, but what if I have put them down as an intersection but put 0 in that intersection? Would I still get all the marks? And I worked out the wrong values of a and b, but had the method right? How many marks would I get? And also because I got the wrong value for a and b and was panicking I used their value of E(X2) or it could have been the one I calculated and either way I got the wrong value of variance? But the right method, it was 3 marks would I getany marks?
And there was obvs that question on quartiles, i put the upper quartile as 63.5 for some reason adn carried that error onto drawing my bosxplots, working out otliers and interquartile range...how many marks would I lose? And how many marks do you usually get for right method but wrong answer? Or does it just depend on the examiner and how he or she marks the paper? Sorry guys, really stressed, any input to this would be really appreciated. Just realised how many questions this passage includes...
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 764
Original post by Arsey
Decent paper, every question had been asked before, nothing sneaky or too hard at all.

1. Correlation and regression - pretty easy but took a long time. Part e) will be poorly answered.

2. Box plots - very easy

3. Probability - pretty easy

4. Mean, sd, median, coding - all pretty simple

5. drv - I thought this was easy but I can see it causing problems

6. Normal distribution - standard.

Quite a bit easier than Jan, but S1 boundaries are generally low as a higher prortion of weaker candidates take S1. The highest summer boundary in the last 10 years was 61.

I am going for 62 for an A.

This summer I will upload solutions to the following Edexcel papers:

Core 1;
Core 2;
Core 3;
Core 4;
FP1;
M1;
M2;
S1;
D1;
D2.

I will try to get hold of some solutions for FP2; FP3 and M3.

I don't do S2 :frown:

All papers will be uploaded in line with site rules (please don't PM me asking when I will I be uploading them).

I have also added the other time zone paper. I thought it was a LOT harder than the UK one.

Edit - what is with the negative thing, I don't have to upload these solutions
:confused:

15000 views (currently) 19 thumb ups :rolleyes:

hey..since your not going to do the S2 can you pls atleast post the question paper by midnight? im sure u get a hold of that easly. GUYS, is there anyone gona be doing a mark scheme for todays s2?????
Reply 765
Original post by Huntx
hey..since your not going to do the S2 can you pls atleast post the question paper by midnight? im sure u get a hold of that easly. GUYS, is there anyone gona be doing a mark scheme for todays s2?????

I will see what I can do :wink:
Original post by Arsey
I will see what I can do :wink:
Hey Arsey...when will you upload C2 module answers
Reply 767
midnight UK time, as per site rules :rolleyes:
Original post by Arsey
midnight UK time, as per site rules :rolleyes:

Will you be posting the model answers here?
Reply 769
Tis mignight :smile: #marksmemeplease
Reply 770
Arsey.... what ums is 50/75 for S1 may 2013?
Original post by arsey
decent paper, every question had been asked before, nothing sneaky or too hard at all.

1. Correlation and regression - pretty easy but took a long time. Part e) will be poorly answered.

2. Box plots - very easy

3. Probability - pretty easy

4. Mean, sd, median, coding - all pretty simple

5. Drv - i thought this was easy but i can see it causing problems

6. Normal distribution - standard.

Quite a bit easier than jan, but s1 boundaries are generally low as a higher prortion of weaker candidates take s1. The highest summer boundary in the last 10 years was 61.

I am going for 62 for an a.

this summer i will upload solutions to the following edexcel papers:

Core 1;
core 2;
core 3;
core 4;
fp1;
m1;
m2;
s1;
d1;
d2.

I will try to get hold of some solutions for fp2; fp3 and m3.

I don't do s2 :frown:

all papers will be uploaded in line with site rules (please don't pm me asking when i will i be uploading them).

I have also added the other time zone paper. I thought it was a lot harder than the uk one.

Edit - what is with the negative thing, i don't have to upload these solutions
:confused:

15000 views (currently) 19 thumb ups :rolleyes:

all hail arsey......i have matched all my answers with your c1,c2,m1,s1..... are you only doing A level maths arsey...i see no further reason to do 10 math units ...(we all do 6 at most or 12 if we want another extra subject)
(edited 10 years ago)
Hi guys, for the question about comparing the box plots, would it be okay to say males scored the highest marks, higher median mark, and had a larger IQR, pls reply I'm really worried I got this wrong :/
Original post by Thatasianguy
Hi guys, for the question about comparing the box plots, would it be okay to say males scored the highest marks, higher median mark, and had a larger IQR, pls reply I'm really worried I got this wrong :/

yeah lol thats fine
Thanks for the reply, also for question 1c, i said that "they had a strong linear relationship and that it showed a strong negative correlation", would that get me the mark :/
Original post by Thatasianguy
Thanks for the reply, also for question 1c, i said that "they had a strong linear relationship and that it showed a strong negative correlation", would that get me the mark :/

yep thats fine aswell
Reply 776
Original post by DirectTuition
A Video Markscheme for S1 May 2013 Question 3
Hope it helps

Hi, D.T.

Isn't a bit strange to add up the six figures and subtract from 200 to show that the last 2 areas have frequency zero? We were told right at the start that everyone was either full-time, part-time or contract staff, so if we are following usual Edexcel practice of drawing Euler diagrams instead of proper Venn diagrams*, we shouldn't draw any zone which isn't in either F, H or C in the first place.

I've discussed the question here: https://app.sugarsync.com/iris/wf/D1209025_79005673_66703\ in S1 2013_06 MAD Phil ans

Cheers, Ken.

*which would require 16 zones, 10 of which would be labelled as empty
Reply 777
Original post by MAD Phil
Hi, D.T.

Isn't a bit strange to add up the six figures and subtract from 200 to show that the last 2 areas have frequency zero? We were told right at the start that everyone was either full-time, part-time or contract staff, so if we are following usual Edexcel practice of drawing Euler diagrams instead of proper Venn diagrams*, we shouldn't draw any zone which isn't in either F, H or C in the first place.

I've discussed the question here: https://app.sugarsync.com/iris/wf/D1209025_79005673_66703\ in S1 2013_06 MAD Phil ans

Cheers, Ken.

*which would require 16 zones, 10 of which would be labelled as empty

If i worked out the outlier but didnt plot them how many marks will i lose? :s-smilie:
Original post by Smko
If i worked out the outlier but didnt plot them how many marks will i lose? :s-smilie:

for drawing the box plot ? probably 1-2 marks
Reply 779
I was wondering how ums would 45/75 be?

Latest

Trending

Trending