The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by otrivine
No I did not do the paper,already did it in Jan 2013 and got an A, just curious if it was harder than our paper in Jan :biggrin:

How was it for you :smile:

Looking at peoples comment , the paper was nice

It was pretty good but heavy on biodiversity which often brings boundaries down :smile:
Original post by g.k.galloway
I didn't either but I don't think you had to actually specify. Although I think I may have put which ones were long term, just not the short terms ones :smile:

So hopefully I'll still get some credit :smile: everything I said was right (I think) so howpfully just a couple deducted for not specifying
Original post by otrivine
No I did not do the paper,already did it in Jan 2013 and got an A, just curious if it was harder than our paper in Jan :biggrin:

How was it for you :smile:

Looking at peoples comment , the paper was nice

nice than last june for sure

yeah it was OK-dont think I've got full UMS as I was aiming for-didn't realise the last one was microscopic -__ - and wrote about allopatric/sympatric speciation and migration due to changes in climate LOL im so clever...
then afew other ambigious bits here and there like the hydrogen bonding -completely forgot about 2-3 -_-
think i should still have an A though :smile:
I think its Mycobacterium tuberculosis and Mycobacterium bovis. That's what I put (Don't think you'll need both)

Yeah I looked it up after the exam, it's only 1 mark so it's not the end of the world :smile:
Reply 1404
You still should have got it right as both a real bear and the bug are eukaryotic and animals :smile:

Oh yeah nevermind, woo! I spent ages at the end trying to find the question that used the second picture.
I think its Mycobacterium tuberculosis and Mycobacterium bovis. That's what I put (Don't think you'll need both)

:smile:
Reply 1406
I don't now about the paper .. i mean it was not bad but what was the alcohol anhydrase one on it was enzyme but the other two parts of the question ? :smile: is anyone going to make an unofficial mark scheme ? :smile:
Original post by MedMed12
nice than last june for sure

yeah it was OK-dont think I've got full UMS as I was aiming for-didn't realise the last one was microscopic -__ - and wrote about allopatric/sympatric speciation and migration due to changes in climate LOL im so clever...
then afew other ambigious bits here and there like the hydrogen bonding -completely forgot about 2-3 -_-
think i should still have an A though :smile:

Very good, like that :smile: I am sure you will!!

That question the importance of base pairing is quite interesting what did you put
Reply 1408
Original post by Rick_095
I think I lost one or two marks on that, I realised last minute that the "water bear" was actually that microscopic organism on the insert...not an actual bear, silly me.

Not an actual bear lmaoooo that has made my day!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Would I lose a mark for putting just Mycobacterium? Also, for the dehydrogenase question, I talked about the actual mechanism rather than active site, etc. Would I get any marks?
It was pretty good but heavy on biodiversity which often brings boundaries down :smile:

I see ! :smile:

I am sure you smashed it :wink:
Damn!! I wrote myobacterium tuberculosis!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by frogut
What did everyone put for the domain and kingdom of the water bear thing in that last question? I guessed protoctist and eukaryote?

I put animalia and Eukaryotae
The hardest question for me was the 2 marker about TB? Someone explain
Reply 1414

Would i still get the mark if i spelt it is Myobacterium instead of Mycobacterium?
Am I safe in assuming the boundary for an A will be 72 or less?
Original post by ssflcb
I don't now about the paper .. i mean it was not bad but what was the alcohol anhydrase one on it was enzyme but the other two parts of the question ? :smile: is anyone going to make an unofficial mark scheme ? :smile:

I expect we'll need acess to the paper first, so it may be a little while yet!

Original post by fluker6696
Would I lose a mark for putting just Mycobacterium? Also, for the dehydrogenase question, I talked about the actual mechanism rather than active site, etc. Would I get any marks?

Because of how pedantic OCR are I would be inclined to say you would drop the mark for only Mycobacterium :frown:
Original post by ashraf549

wasnt it just that TB is a droplet infection so the disease spreads in droplets in coughs/sneezes etc
Reply 1418
Original post by Tejmasta
Would i still get the mark if i spelt it is Myobacterium instead of Mycobacterium?

You must write Mycobacterium tuberuclosis underlined.
Reply 1419
Original post by ashraf549

I put droplet infection - the bacterium is present in droplets in the saliva so when an individual coughs/speaks, the droplets leave their mouth and pass into another person?

Latest

Trending

Trending