Original post by ellie2996
What were the possible differences between Haemoglobin and Collagen

- 4 polypeptide chains instead of 3
- no cross links
- globular

That's what I put but there's probably more :smile:
okay
i need some reassurance
for the 7 marker on phagocytes- i spoke about phagocytosis and chucked on the bit about antigen presenting at the end. i may just have said lysins instead of lysosomes but i cant remember exactly- how many marks would that be?

for the last question it said suggest and i didnt really look at the insert cos i was too good for it lol, but i wrote that speciation occurred only recently for the waterbear to be discovered- its a new species

for the calculations question i think i got like 0.801 or something.

for the biodiversity definition i said- the range of variation in organisms in a habitat
for the definitions for both eveneness and richness i wrote- in a habitat at the end of both

for the tb incidence question- i wrote lack of protection and condoms means people have hiv- more susceptible to tb
overcrowding in houses means they have a higher risk
and lack of ventilation means they have a higher risk

for the two tubes i put both at the bottom - what the heck was that?!

for meselson and stahl i put shake them at the same speed.
and use the same volume of solution in each tube
and use the same concentration of sugar solution

for importance of base pairing- i wrote it is needed for semi conservative. and it is also needed to make our proteins and characteristcs as mrna cant be made without it- as an exact copy of the coding starnd.

for sampling i wrote do it at different times, and repeat the procedure or standardize your procedure

the selective breeding question i wrote selecive brreeding for long term and antibiotics for short term.

for the reason why plants may be susceptible to disease (i think it was something like that - a one marker)- i wrote they dont have an advantageous characteristic or resistance because theyre more or less the same

for the one after that i wrote climate change means that selectively bred plants will produce less yields in different conditions as theyre made to perform best in specific conditions. some years wud have been optimum conditions, some years not.
Could you have said that Collagen is a helical shape whereas Haemoglobin is more rounded?
Original post by bumbakrak
Damn!! I wrote myobacterium tuberculosis!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Exactly what i wrote :redface:
Reply 1444
Original post by Rick_095
I think I lost one or two marks on that, I realised last minute that the "water bear" was actually that microscopic organism on the insert...not an actual bear, silly me.

Same here! I'm not the only one :')

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NielsBohrsDad
okay
i need some reassurance
for the 7 marker on phagocytes- i spoke about phagocytosis and chucked on the bit about antigen presenting at the end. i may just have said lysins instead of lysosomes but i cant remember exactly- how many marks would that be?

for the last question it said suggest and i didnt really look at the insert cos i was too good for it lol, but i wrote that speciation occurred only recently for the waterbear to be discovered- its a new species

for the calculations question i think i got like 0.801 or something.

for the biodiversity definition i said- the range of variation in organisms in a habitat
for the definitions for both eveneness and richness i wrote- in a habitat at the end of both

for the tb incidence question- i wrote lack of protection and condoms means people have hiv- more susceptible to tb
overcrowding in houses means they have a higher risk
and lack of ventilation means they have a higher risk

for the two tubes i put both at the bottom - what the heck was that?!

for meselson and stahl i put shake them at the same speed.
and use the same volume of solution in each tube
and use the same concentration of sugar solution

for importance of base pairing- i wrote it is needed for semi conservative. and it is also needed to make our proteins and characteristcs as mrna cant be made without it- as an exact copy of the coding starnd.

for sampling i wrote do it at different times, and repeat the procedure or standardize your procedure

the selective breeding question i wrote selecive brreeding for long term and antibiotics for short term.

for the reason why plants may be susceptible to disease (i think it was something like that - a one marker)- i wrote they dont have an advantageous characteristic or resistance because theyre more or less the same

for the one after that i wrote climate change means that selectively bred plants will produce less yields in different conditions as theyre made to perform best in specific conditions. some years wud have been optimum conditions, some years not.

it would be great if somebody could tell me whats right and whats not and how many marks are gone.

thanks.
Reply 1446
Original post by Sam_1996
Q1
Polypeptide(1)
H2NCHRCOOH (3)
Collagen is flexible(1)
Collagen:
3 polypeptide chains,linked by covalent bonds to fibres,left handed helix,1 in 3 amino acids is glycine(6)
Haemoglobin combine to oxygen to transport blood(1)
Haemoglobin:
Globular,4 polypeptide chains(3)

Q2
Enzymes(1)
Similar elements,similar bonds,similar shape which is complementary to the enzyme so can for enzyme-substrate complex.(3)
It can outcompete the -thing- so it is more likely to form an enzyme substrate complex with ethanol than with -thing-.This means that more ethanol will be broken down than -thing-(3)

Q3
Cells B and C(1)
As its the bodies response to a foreign antigen(1)
As it carries of phagocytosis on all cells.Doesnt involve lymphoctes(1)
Pinches pathogen into vehicle via phagoctosis.This pathogenic vehicle fuses with lysosomes which secrete enzymes breaking down the pathogen.Then the substances can be absorbed by the phagocyte via diffusion(7)

Genus name(1)
Order(1)
Phylum(1)
Animals(1)
Eukarya(1)
Phylogeny is study of evolutionary relationships.Allows us to see how closely relate two organism are via DNA similarities etc,so can be used to group organism based on similarities therefore helpfull in classification(3)
Too small to see with the eye as its only 2-3 mm long.Only discovered when microscopes were around(2)

A very rough start to an unofficial mark scheme
If we all add to this and improve this.
Marks next to answers represent marks avaliable and not marks gained by the answer next to it.

uhhh i put primary structure for the first questions xD is that wrong?
Q1
Polypeptide(1)
H2NCHRCOOH (3)
Collagen is flexible(1)
Collagen:
3 polypeptide chains,linked by covalent bonds to fibres,left handed helix,1 in 3 amino acids is glycine, hydrogen bonds etc. name Structures: tertiary, primary secondary .(6)
Haemoglobin combine to oxygen to transport blood(1)
Haemoglobin:
Globular,4 polypeptide chains, 35% Glycine(3)

Q2
Enzymes(1)
Similar elements,similar bonds,similar shape which is complementary to the enzyme so can for enzyme-substrate complex.(3)
It can outcompete the -thing- so it is more likely to form an enzyme substrate complex with ethanol than with -thing-.This means that more ethanol will be broken down than -thing-(3)

Q3
Cells B and C(1)
As its the bodies response to a foreign antigen(1)
As it carries of phagocytosis on all cells.Doesnt involve lymphoctes(1)
Pinches pathogen into vehicle via phagoctosis.This pathogenic vehicle fuses with lysosomes which secrete enzymes breaking down the pathogen.Then the substances can be absorbed by the phagocyte via diffusion(7)

Genus name(1)
Order(1)
Phylum(1)
Animals(1)
Eukarya(1)
Phylogeny is study of evolutionary relationships.Allows us to see how closely relate two organism are via DNA similarities etc,so can be used to group organism based on similarities therefore helpfull in classification(3)
Too small to see with the eye as its only 2-3 mm long.Only discovered when microscopes were around, camouflaged, microscopic.(2)

Guys do you thin the exam companies look at this and develop mark scheme so people get answers wrong?
Reply 1448
With the species evenness and richness could you just write the definitions?
I'm so glad that there was a long question on phagocytosis :smile:
Guys do you thin the exam companies look at these unofficial mark schemes and develop mark scheme so people get answers wrong? (For science exams)
Original post by CRW1996
What amount of marks do you think will be 100UMS?

It's usually around 85/100, don't think it will be any different for this one.
I hope the boundaries are in line with all the other papers (apart from the one that was 77 :O) if it's around 70 I might have scraped it
With the species evenness and richness could you just write the definitions?

Yeah, that's what I did: I think it was an elaborative way of saying 'give the definition...'
Original post by otrivine
Yes very good answers !

What was the question on phagocytes

7 marker on how the phagocytes destroy pathogens are binding to them or so

Original post by Saif95
What does everyone think A and B boundary will be?

A in the 70s, maybe high 60s? depends how people have done.
Reply 1455
Did you guys get around 0.6366 (or something like that) for the diversity index.
Original post by ashraf549
Guys do you thin the exam companies look at these unofficial mark schemes and develop mark scheme so people get answers wrong? (For science exams)

No. If an answer is right it will always be right
Original post by kited4
uhhh i put primary structure for the first questions xD is that wrong?

It is primary structure, polypeptide is the protein so it cant be that.
Did you guys get around 0.6366 (or something like that) for the diversity index.

yep
I wrote primary structure for the first question :frown: technically, that is what it was describing... or did I read the question wrong again!
And more silly-ass mistakes:
Spores instead of droplets
Only underlined mycobaterium instead of tuberculosis (probably spelt that wrong in the exam aswell)
Cystine instead of glycine

Why must Biology have such funnily spelt/sounding words :frown:?!

Latest

Trending

Trending