The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by krishkmistry
Anyone put high tensile strength for the property of collagen ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

thats accepted along with flexible :biggrin:
For the people worrying about the 7 mark phagocytosis question, do not worry too much on that. I am currently in your position for my chemistry unit 1. This paper is out of 100, 5 marks lost is not a tragedy by any means....in unit 1 YES, in unit 2, not really.
Anyhow....there were definitely 2 awardable points there I reckon.

Btw guys....for collagen question, I put "left SIDED helices". Do you reckon that is awardable?
Original post by Loiks94
Was the kingdom animale or protoctist for the water bear and why?

Protocrista due to size (0.1 micro meters) and it being a water bear

Protoctusta are usually found in water
Original post by MrMeep2580
thats accepted along with flexible :biggrin:

Put flexible and crossed it out considering its blood vessel

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MedMed12
well done you!!
yeah it was a nice paper I got 80/100 on that as a mock and A was 71
just so annoyed at my silly mistakes as its easy UMS to save on A2 papers :/ I did well in f215 mock so hopefully the real thing I might/could be OK with.
Was initially aiming for full UMS on this paper :P such a fail aha!

Dont worry, you will get it :smile: you still got 2 more papers for biology! Still a lot of chance:wink:
Original post by MedMed12
could be that too
or insoluble

WOO! I put collagen is insoluble. No point having collagen in blood vessels if it dissolves in blood or water.
Clever question that,got to give it to OCR

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah really was :smile: for the amino acid general formula question did you draw it out with a carboxyl, amine and R group? :biggrin:
Reply 1507
Oh dear, I put Tuberculosis mycobacterium, wrong way round :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1508
I put collagen is mad eup of three alpha chains
Original post by Dr. Django
For the amino acid question instead of writing out the formula I drew an amino acid and labelled it :/

Thats right, I just could not write the displayed formula on here
Original post by MarkProbio
Personally I loved this paper.

Posted from TSR Mobile

how did you revise for this paper ?
where did you draw the bands of dna on the test tubes?
Anyone put high tensile strength for the property of collagen ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me! I hope thats right?

Posted from TSR Mobile
For the 7 marker on phagocytosis I started off talking about the immune response -_-
I then labeled that as 'immune response' and wrote the phagocytosis explanation..

Think they will be nice and ignore the immune response bit?
Put flexible and crossed it out considering its blood vessel

Posted from TSR Mobile

well it'll need to constrict and contract so withstand a lot of high blood pressure so it being flexible allows it to do so, plus its one of the main properties of collagen.
Original post by otrivine
Dont worry, you will get it :smile: you still got 2 more papers for biology! Still a lot of chance:wink:
thanks :smile: hope so, but A2 is harder. Just wish I read the questions more carefully tbh I even took a highlighter and I say this after every exams :/

Original post by LucyQ
Oh dear, I put Tuberculosis mycobacterium, wrong way round :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

thats fine should be anyway
Reply 1516
Structure of collagen for 6 marks? Really... And then another 3 marks on collagen differences -.- wish I'd revised collagen more. I wrote that it had a helix and had fibrils and about disulfide an hydrogen bonds an hydrophobic interactions. For the differences between haemoglobin and collagen I wrote haemoglobin isn't a helix, haemoglobin contains iron and haemoglobin doesn't have fibrils. Can anyone guess how many marks ill get? :s
Exam was fair but back me and say if you didn't revise you we're screwed.one question - I put collagen had a triple helix and haemoglobin has a double helix - I've contradicted myself haven't I ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I honestly thought I was going to fail going into that exam, hoped for a C. Having said that, I think I got an A. I didn't revise too much, my content knowledge was atrocious. But I there were loads of suggest questions which saved me. Think Grade boundary for an A will be maybe 70?
Original post by ellemcjelly
where did you draw the bands of dna on the test tubes?

WHAT I PUT :frown:

R1: slightly above.
R2: same position as R1 but then another one above that.
Reply 1519
Original post by Sruthi.P
Hey guys :smile: what's the minimum UMS mark you have to get to get an A? Thanks!

120 out of a possible 150

Latest

Trending

Trending