The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Water bear I put animalia purely because it was multicellular.

My mind went blank on collagen structure ffs. Then I put virus for the TB transmitter..... But other than that it was amazing when compared to F211. Unfortunately I think I'll probably lose about 20 marks because the markscheme is so bloody picky and precise even if you have the right idea.
(edited 10 years ago)
The awkward moment when you come out of the exam thinking you've got 90+, as soon as you come on tsr that figure keeps going down like an elevator........
6 marks on the structure of collagen?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MrMeep2580
At first when i read that I went "CHROMOSOMES WHAAAAAAAAAAAAT.' But now it makes sense you're just using algebra. :biggrin: yeah i did that too kinda.

Maths solves everything :biggrin:
Original post by niceguy95
Protocrista due to size (0.1 micro meters) and it being a water bear

Protoctusta are usually found in water

In the question it said it was an invertabrate, meaning it had to be animal
Original post by theCreator
Water bear I put animalia purely because it was multicellular.

My mind went blank on cellulose structure ffs. Then I put virus for the TB transmitter..... But other than that it was amazing when compared to F211. Unfortunately I think I'll probably lose about 20 marks because the markscheme is so bloody picky and precise even if you have the right idea.

Cellulose structure?! did I miss out a question or do you mean collagen?
Original post by Liamnut
Cellulose structure?! did I miss out a question or do you mean collagen?

Woops, sorry collagen
why the grey squirrel populus may be lower than the red squirrel even though the sampling of people says the opposite?

I put:
Red squirrels only come out at night, people not around at night.
Grey squirrels may be counted twice by two different people.
Original post by milworthy
In the question it said it was an invertabrate, meaning it had to be animal

Just give people who think they're not animals this link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tardigrade

First line is particularly interesting, "Tardigrades (commonly known as waterbears or moss piglets)[2] are small, water-dwelling, segmented animals with eight legs."
Was there a question about the order of classification?
Protocrista due to size (0.1 micro meters) and it being a water bear

Protoctusta are usually found in water

it wasnt micro metre is was milli metre.
Woops, sorry collagen

Thank god, I **** myself lol
Original post by MrMeep2580
why the grey squirrel populus may be lower than the red squirrel even though the sampling of people says the opposite?

I put:
Red squirrels only come out at night, people not around at night.
Grey squirrels may be counted twice by two different people.

I put because grey squirrels are in plain sight more often since they are mostly on the ground. Then I also put they may have counted some squirrels twice.

I don't think red squirrels come out at night...Squirrels aren't nocturnal.
Reply 1573
Original post by Sam_1996
It wasn't an inhibitor as it was also broken down by the enzyme

This. It reduces conc. of toxic products in liver by mixing with non toxic from ethanol and also less DHG in wine to begin so effects are less s there is less of the toxin
Darn OCR and their tricks! :mad:
Original post by skywalker12
Was there a question about the order of classification?

Last question - just followed the sequence - think I put order as one of the things though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by g.k.galloway
That confused me too...I settled with putting protein lol, probably wrong but only 1 mark :smile:

I noticed they had protein in the question, so it was between polypeptide and enzyme. I just put enzyme.
Help!

Did you have to draw the amino acid or write its formula!?!
3 easy marks ffs

Join the club. I completely BOMBED out on these 3 easy marks.
I could probably get a PhD in enzyme-substrate stuff xD But the pressure of the exam hall completely threw me. SUCH easy marks but the context was dodgy for me.
I put because grey squirrels are in plain sight more often since they are mostly on the ground. Then I also put they may have counted some squirrels twice.

I don't think red squirrels come out at night...Squirrels aren't nocturnal.

I put that they were only reported from some areas as the question hinted that they were reported from a few areas, suggesting that not everywhere has been reported from, so there could be less than they think. Something along those lines, not word for word though :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending