The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Manni
You were supposed to talk about apoplastic and symplastic pathways

I didn't, I thought it started later on than that for this particular question?

Posted from TSR Mobile
That paper was so weird, felt as if on opening they had put some sort of trippy acid on the pages O.o

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Pataiiii
Starch and cellulose don't contain nitrogen and I agree with the higher sa:vr ratio one

Sorry again, I'm getting mixed up here..

I meant nitrogen present in heamoglobin, and starch and cellulose have formed from condensation. This is what happens when I can't remember the questions!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sophie15
Why do people want to know grade boundaries? Because all of your marks from all papers are added overall at A2 so why does it matter whether people get an A or B etc? (Genuine Q btw)

Applying to uni via AS grades?

Posted from TSR Mobile
A: 58
B: 52
C: 45
D: 40
E: 34

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3545
Why do people want to know grade boundaries? Because all of your marks from all papers are added overall at A2 so why does it matter whether people get an A or B etc? (Genuine Q btw)

To get an A* you must get an A at As level :smile:
For the 6 marker you were only required to write about the movement of water from the endodermis to the leaves, you did not need to talk about apoplastic/symplastic/casparian strip, just root pressure and cohesion-tension.
Why did they get the bacteria from different patients??
I put something like different bacteria have different resistance
and to to compare them
Original post by blobar
i doubt many of us can remember the questions since half of them asked you the same crap.

so much was on mutation imo!!
Anyone remember question 4/5 ? One which had similar structure to cytosine? What were the questions to that?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3550
God damn snakes.
Original post by MrMikeEsq
I didn't, I thought it started later on than that for this particular question?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah thats what i thought :smile:

As you need decent marks to apply to University and get offers...Also makes it harder at A2 to get the top marks
Original post by chemistryempa200
what were the 2 marks you needed for heirarchyyy??????????? xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx f**k our lives guts holla lets get drunk x0x0

Loled hard and showed this comment to my friends

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DannyRedman
For index of diversity anyone get 80(79) divided by 906 which gave 6.98?????

how did you work out the 906??
But yeah sounds about right from what other people have said! :smile:
Reply 3555
Was the 6 marker on cohesion tension too? I thought it was just root pressure.
Wadduppp, what was the question that was like the two chromosomes have the same genes but they're different or something? What a load of sheeeet

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Manni
You were supposed to talk about apoplastic and symplastic pathways

The question specified water moving from the endodermis to the xylem to the leaves. I believe the apoplastic and symplastic pathways are from the epidermis towards the endodermis? So for that question, marks would have been awarded for the key words such as osmosis of water, the lowering of water potential and water potential gradient, root pressure, cohesion tension theory and the evaporation of water at the leaves.. stuff related to that and not the pathways.
Reply 3558
For the bacteria one, when tested in different hospital I put it was no impact as they had resistance to the sterilesed substance, due to horizontal gene transmission causin survivors to reproduce and multiply as they may have used the same patients that may were used in hospital one :-( bit weird like but seemed right at time
Reply 3559
Original post by Sukura
To get an A* you must get an A at As level :smile:

Ahh yes, thanks! :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending