The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MrMeep2580
why the grey squirrel populus may be lower than the red squirrel even though the sampling of people says the opposite?

I put:
Red squirrels only come out at night, people not around at night.
Grey squirrels may be counted twice by two different people.

put the recounting bit
also put may be mistaken for same species or other species of squirrel as they appear similar
Reply 1581
For the 7 mark phagocyte question, it said describe how pathogens are destroyed AFTER the antigens are presented on the phagocyte cell surface. So surely this question was requiring you to talk about the cell-mediated response and T lymphocytes differentiating into T killer cells and secreting H2O2 into infected cells? I wrote about phagocytosis too just in case :tongue:
For the squirrel question - I put its part of a food chain or ecosystem and aesthetic value- it's been like that for every question of that type before surely it's right

Posted from TSR Mobile
When "Stahl" came up, did anyone else think of General Stahl from Killzone 3?
Please don't say I'm the only 1.
Original post by theCreator
I put because grey squirrels are in plain sight more often since they are mostly on the ground. Then I also put they may have counted some squirrels twice.

I don't think red squirrels come out at night...Squirrels aren't nocturnal.

The answers were in the question.

Red are more scared of humans, therefore they're harder to spot.
Red spend more time in trees, therefore they've harder to spot.

Of course, I jazzed up the answers a bit in the exam.
Reply 1585
Original post by krishkmistry
Anyone put high tensile strength for the property of collagen ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

yer :wink:
Original post by MrMeep2580
why the grey squirrel populus may be lower than the red squirrel even though the sampling of people says the opposite?

I put:
Red squirrels only come out at night, people not around at night.
Grey squirrels may be counted twice by two different people.

I wrote a population of them may have died out in a different area

And forgot what else. I suppose youre right mt mind went blank for.these

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kayess67
For the 7 mark phagocyte question, it said describe how pathogens are destroyed AFTER the antigens are presented on the phagocyte cell surface. So surely this question was requiring you to talk about the cell-mediated response and T lymphocytes differentiating into T killer cells and secreting H2O2 into infected cells? I wrote about phagocytosis too just in case :tongue:

It said after its attatched to the phagocyte

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kayess67
for the 7 mark phagocyte question, it said describe how pathogens are destroyed after the antigens are presented on the phagocyte cell surface. So surely this question was requiring you to talk about the cell-mediated response and t lymphocytes differentiating into t killer cells and secreting h2o2 into infected cells? I wrote about phagocytosis too just in case :tongue:

omg i put about phagocytosis, am i wrong ffs
Way too many ecological questions. Also way too many questions that were unclear what you needed to answer, especially the first question (primary structure is what I put down but it could have been protein or polypeptide also).
Reply 1590
The first question on the enzymes section
What was the answer?
Original post by Kayess67

Welp, I just spoke about phagocytosis :3 I'm stuffed.
Original post by ellie2996
Help!

Did you have to draw the amino acid or write its formula!?!

Had to draw it i think
Reply 1593
I put because grey squirrels are in plain sight more often since they are mostly on the ground. Then I also put they may have counted some squirrels twice.

I don't think red squirrels come out at night...Squirrels aren't nocturnal.

I put grey squirrels can fly so are often seen around and red squirrels are highly susceptible to getting eaten by dogs so they hide in the trees a lot.
omg i put about phagocytosis, am i wrong ffs

No you're right, after the pathogen attaches to the phagocyte, phagocytosis occurs

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Liamnut

Same I could have sworn it said the process of it to the point of it presenting antigens on its surface, I even double checked!
Original post by CCFielding
I put animalia because it was in the domain eukaryotae?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Tardigrades (commonly known as waterbears or moss piglets)[2] are small, water-dwelling, segmented animals with eight legs.
Original post by Liamnut

100% sure it said after its attatched to the phagocyte and phagocytosis is what I put too

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Liamnut

No its just phagocytosis i think :smile:
Reply 1599
what about 2 specific reasons on the importance of conserving the red squirrels in northcumbria or something like that?

Latest

Trending

Trending