The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1600
Original post by Liamnut
Welp, I just spoke about phagocytosis :3 I'm stuffed.

Nope you were right. You had to write about phagocytosos
Original post by Liamnut
The answers were in the question.

Red are more scared of humans, therefore they're harder to spot.
Red spend more time in trees, therefore they've harder to spot.

Of course, I jazzed up the answers a bit in the exam.

I agree with those answers I think they are right, but I think the recounting issue is correct too.
Original post by krishkmistry
It said after its attatched to the phagocyte

Posted from TSR Mobile

Phew. I was worried.

I wrote the stages of phagocytosis and then hoq rhey present their antigens for t.lymphocytes to be selected.

How.much wud that be

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MrMeep2580
why the grey squirrel populus may be lower than the red squirrel even though the sampling of people says the opposite?

I put:
Red squirrels only come out at night, people not around at night.
Grey squirrels may be counted twice by two different people.

It said grey squirrels spend more time on the ground and are friendly to humans so i used them.

Reds will be in the trees so harder to spot and will run away from humans
Wait, are awe allowed to talk about the exam lol?
Original post by krishkmistry
100% sure it said after its attatched to the phagocyte and phagocytosis is what I put too

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah because when it's attached, it activates the phagocyte, and the phagocyte recognizes the Antigen as foreign? So the process of phagocytosis begins e.g. phagocytic vacuole produced etc.
Original post by Majeue
I put grey squirrels can fly so are often seen around and red squirrels are highly susceptible to getting eaten by dogs so they hide in the trees a lot.

Grey squirrels can fly? hahaha I don't think they can...I don't think dogs eating squirrels would get you the marks either. But then again I'm not an examiner
Original post by NielsBohrsDad
Phew. I was worried.

I wrote the stages of phagocytosis and then hoq rhey present their antigens for t.lymphocytes to be selected.

How.much wud that be

Posted from TSR Mobile

I put that too - im sure you'd get near to full marks if you put detail in

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1608
What was the answer to the question
What group of biological molecules is dehydrogenase in?
Original post by niceguy95
Protocrista due to size (0.1 micro meters) and it being a water bear

Protoctusta are usually found in water

Tardigrades (commonly known as waterbears or moss piglets)[2] are small, water-dwelling, segmented animals with eight legs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tardigrade
Reply 1610
Original post by Sam_1996
Did you guys get around 0.6366 (or something like that) for the diversity index.

YES :biggrin: I got 1-0.3.... Something like that anyway :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by exams567
what about 2 specific reasons on the importance of conserving the red squirrels in northcumbria or something like that?

good for ecotourism

good genetic resource.
Reply 1612
Completely messed up the two last pages -.-
Did anyone else finish the paper really early? I had half an hour left, but then obviously went back over it and added to some of my answers!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sam_1996
What was the answer to the question
What group of biological molecules is dehydrogenase in?

Enzymes I believe
It was a good paper :smile: A lot came up that I thought would come up, DNA was expected though the wonderful semi conservative DNA experiment that isn't in the book came up :P love it. No hard questions, some questions will have confused candidates on wording and I can see lots of people getting a few 1/2 or 2/3. As usual the biodiversity required some thought but mainly common sense and the long questions were a bit mean, 7 marks for selective breeding, bit harsh :P how did you find it :smile:
Reply 1615
So, what about the 7 marker on selective breeding to get disease resistant crops and then precautions of selective breeding.

What did people write about precautions and how to reduce implications of selective breeding?
Seed banks, botanical gardens? Or do you think they were looking for something else?

Posted from TSR Mobile
For the one where you had to draw H bonds, I drew two between A and T and three between C and G. I labeled them H-bonds, but I'm worried because I just put H-bond.
Reply 1617
What would this definition of biodiversity get?
The variety of living organism within and area.The range of habitats and species
Original post by Munrot07
It was a good paper :smile: A lot came up that I thought would come up, DNA was expected though the wonderful semi conservative DNA experiment that isn't in the book came up :P love it. No hard questions, some questions will have confused candidates on wording and I can see lots of people getting a few 1/2 or 2/3. As usual the biodiversity required some thought but mainly common sense and the long questions were a bit mean, 7 marks for selective breeding, bit harsh :P how did you find it :smile:

It was okay, I agree with what you have said, some words were confusing, such as the alternative word (culling) for trapping and killing.
6 marks for structure of collagen? Anyone?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending