The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bumbakrak
What did people write about phagocytes and tissue fluid?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Histamine released by infected cells

Posted from TSR Mobile

I talked about them leaving through capillary walls because that's all i could think of, but that is a unit 1 topic so it's probably the wrong answer...
Original post by g.k.galloway
When there is an infection macrophages release histamine which makes the capillary walls more permeable/leaky, so they can move easily through the pores out of the blood and into the tissues. I think. :smile:

I wrote about the lobed nucleus means the cell can become thin and fit through the one cell thick capillary wall :smile: I'm sure there are a few answers to that one
Reply 1683
Arrghhh so annoyed at myself, for the 7 mark question on pathogens and phagocytes and started to talk about engulfing it etc, but then crossed it all out and only talked about T lympochytes :frown: do you think i'll get any marks???
Original post by MrMeep2580
Histamine released by infected cells

yay I put about histamine too :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

That was a question that deffo asked you to recall f211 knowledge

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Liamnut
Not if they ask for 3 reasons and you give five.

oh it specifcally asked for 3 then yeah
Damn, I put primary sequence for the first question not primary structure. That's annoying...

Overall I didn't think it was a bad paper. The DNA questions threw me a bit as well as the questions on collagen/haemoglobin , but the questions on Biodiversity weren't too bad, which I always considered to be my worst section. Oh well, time to wait for the unofficial mark scheme.
Original post by Minz
This actually sounds better! I think this is what they were getting at and is most lilely to be on the markscheme.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I hope I get at least some credit! To be honest they didn't make it all that clear so I think a large variety of marking points will be on offer
Most people in my school put polypeptide for the first question.
for the red gray squirrells,i said the amount counted may not have been a representative population for the whole area

and that human error,so miscounting or colour blind or general human error

is that not right?
Original post by Smuu
Same here! I'm not the only one :')

Posted from TSR Mobile

SAME HERE! OMG! Dammit! At the end I glanced at the insert and wondered why they put a picture of some kind of parasite if it didn't come up! Lost marks :'(

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MrJiggly
As soon as I see biological molecules, all I think of are the 4 main ones, i.e lipids, proteins, carbohydrates and nucleic acids. So for the question on the name of the biological molecule that *some enzyme* was, I, being a gullible ****, wrote Proteins...I thought it was weird how they said it was a protein molecule in the question...I cannot believe the word enzyme didn't cross my mind. I want to slap myself so hard. :doh:

I did EXACTLY the same thing ahhahhahahah
Original post by jackitsme
for the red gray squirrells,i said the amount counted may not have been a representative population for the whole area

is that not right?

I believe you had to talk about the facts they gave you about greys, they spend more time on the ground, reds are more in trees so harder to see, greys are more confident around people, reds run away, so again harder to see
Reply 1694
I wanted to do an rvp celebration when hugging fergy when i saw that whole page of nice DNA questions
Original post by jackitsme

is that not right?

It said in the question red were scared of humans so I put about not having counted them all.
I also put grey squirrels are easier to count as they are larger and live on the ground.

That might be the same marking point though now I think about it...
Original post by Munrot07
I believe you had to talk about the facts they gave you about greys, they spend more time on the ground, reds are more in trees so harder to see, greys are more confident around people, reds run away, so again harder to see

Yay!
Reply 1697
I put primary structure then changed it to polypeptide I hope I get the mark, arghhh
Original post by sh7171
I put primary structure then changed it to polypeptide I hope I get the mark, arghhh

In my book it says polypeptide, so you should be fine :smile:
Original post by g.k.galloway
It said in the question red were scared of humans so I put about not having counted them all.
I also put grey squirrels are easier to count as they are larger and live on the ground.

That might be the same marking point though now I think about it...

so do you think we got our anwsers right? :L

Latest

Trending

Trending