The Student Room Group

AQA GCE Geography Unit 3- 7th June 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1580
Original post by GLOB
Incredibly unprepared! Too much information! :s

Posted from TSR Mobile

I second that, but won't start stressing till i've done my exams that I have before first
Original post by GLOB
Incredibly unprepared! Too much information! :s

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have periods where I feel ok and like maybe I'm prepared and won't do too badly, then I open my revision guide/textbook and bam...I realise I've forgotten half of it!!! Anyone tried reading previous examiners reports, I find they're quite useful..
Original post by flower124
I have periods where I feel ok and like maybe I'm prepared and won't do too badly, then I open my revision guide/textbook and bam...I realise I've forgotten half of it!!! Anyone tried reading previous examiners reports, I find they're quite useful..

I just hope the paper doesn't trick us out! And yeah I just want it to be over got so many stats in my head :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1583

most of the time in the ERs, they just talk about how students don't really answer the question and therefor dont gain high marks
Reply 1584
BIG QUESTION TO THOSE DOING WORLD CITIES!!

What does it mean by "Planning and Management issues"
Is it for re-urbanisation specifically ? Or for all of them?
Can someone please explain - baffled by this. :eek:
Reply 1585
Original post by Axion
I second that, but won't start stressing till i've done my exams that I have before first

My other two A2 exams are the day before geography and it sucks ha I'll probably have to pull an all nighter for this one

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1586
Original post by GeoggerH

Planning and management issues for re-urbanisation would be traffic congestion and pollution I think.
Original post by joereed
I am doing geography at uni...at Exeter uni....but in the Streatham campus :frown: wasn't overly ken on going to cornwall, I would rather stay in a larger city

Aww man we are so close! I went there for an open day but i didn't like the lecturers much at the time. Its a really nice campus though!
I'm more of a rural girl hence why I chose cornwall. Plus I think they added a module on natural hazards! And they do a lot with climate change which i'm interested in.
Reply 1588
Original post by GeoggerH

For all, don't worry too much it's just small things like issues of re-urbanisation might be original residents can't afford to live there anymore when people move back and house prices increase, management = certain percentage of affordable housing. that sort of thing! :smile:
How many case studies are people using for conflict and challenge?! I have 15 which seems like LOADS and im wondering if I actually need to learn them all :L
Reply 1590
Original post by rosiejohnston
How many case studies are people using for conflict and challenge?! I have 15 which seems like LOADS and im wondering if I actually need to learn them all :L

I have like 10. planning to know 5-7 facts for each
Anyone know if urban regeneration came up jan 13? REALLY want it to come up, ahh!
Original post by Axion
I have like 10. planning to know 5-7 facts for each

I have:
A local, regional and international conflict
Conflict due to poverty
solutions to global poverty
Territory/land conflict
ethnicity conflict
2 separatist movement conflicts
Terrorism
non/violent conflict
aid agencies
Ideologies
multi-cultural society
conflict resolution
Is this about what you have got?
Reply 1593
Anyone know if urban regeneration came up jan 13? REALLY want it to come up, ahh!

Yeah, it came up in the 40 mark essay which is a shame because I think it's the easiest to remember. I think it's probably going to be transport management in the essay this time round.
Reply 1594
I pray the 40 marker essay for tectonics is on mangament please pleae please!
Original post by dawg
Yeah, it came up in the 40 mark essay which is a shame because I think it's the easiest to remember. I think it's probably going to be transport management in the essay this time round.
That'll be an absolute bummer if it is! Like THE only thing I haven't revised in world cities :eek:
Reply 1596
Original post by rosiejohnston
I have:
A local, regional and international conflict
Conflict due to poverty
solutions to global poverty
Territory/land conflict
ethnicity conflict
2 separatist movement conflicts
Terrorism
non/violent conflict
aid agencies
Ideologies
multi-cultural society
conflict resolution
Is this about what you have got?

yeah :/. just gonna try and learn em all
Reply 1597
That'll be an absolute bummer if it is! Like THE only thing I haven't revised in world cities :eek:

I don't think it would actually be that bad if it came up in the essay, sorta like urban regeneration theres a lot of case studies you can talk about like the Manchester Metrolink, Freiburg (in the revision guide) and Mumbai.
Reply 1598
Anyone got any tips for writing the conclusion on the essay question? I always lose marks on the conclusion
Original post by lucyv95
Anyone got any tips for writing the conclusion on the essay question? I always lose marks on the conclusion

I always go with, "In conclusion, I agree/disagree with the statement because it can clearly be seen in this piece of evidence that the statement is supported. Although this piece of evidence suggests otherwise, it is not significant enough to compare with the original piece of evidence. So overall, [statement] is true/false.

I don't know if its any good, but my teachers haven't commented on it yet? So it can't be awful

Quick Reply