The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1680
Please could someone help me on June 2012 4eii
Reply 1681
Has anyone got the jan 13 paper? I would be very grateful, I'm sure it's on here somewhere but theres 85 pages :rolleyes:
Reply 1682
Can someone please explain how fractional distillation works in easy bullet points?
Original post by Ingamo
Has anyone got the jan 13 paper? I would be very grateful, I'm sure it's on here somewhere but theres 85 pages :rolleyes:

Here's the examiners report too

http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/136530-examiners-reports-january.pdf
Reply 1684

Thank you so much! :biggrin:
Original post by NLoR
Please could someone help me on June 2012 4eii

If you flip the first equation, and add it to the second, and cancel out the terms that are the same on both sides, you will notice that you will get the enthalpy change of formation of N2O. So to find the actual value, just flip -193 to get 193 and add it to -111 to get 82.
Reply 1686
Anyone got a list of the reaction conditions that are required in OCR Chemistry B (Salters) for F332?

Would be greatly appreciated!
Can someone tell me the definitions we need to know about isomers please, thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1688
Original post by GeneralOJB
If you flip the first equation, and add it to the second, and cancel out the terms that are the same on both sides, you will notice that you will get the enthalpy change of formation of N2O. So to find the actual value, just flip -193 to get 193 and add it to -111 to get 82.

Oh yeah! Thank you very much! That was a sneaky question haha! :biggrin:
Original post by Gingerstudent999
Can someone tell me the definitions we need to know about isomers please, thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Stereoisomerism
Compounds with the same structural formula but the atoms have different 3-dimensional (spatial) arrangement

Structural Isomerism
Molecules with the same molecular formula but different structural formula
Original post by Saif95
Can someone please explain how fractional distillation works in easy bullet points?

Fractional distillation

-Crude oil is vaporised
-The vaporised oil is passed through the fractionating column
-The different substances in it condense off at different points due to their different boiling points
- Each fraction contains hydrocarbon molecules with a similar number of carbon atoms.
- The different boiling points arise due to the length of the hydrocarbon and also the amount of branching (it is all to do with the different van der Waal forces and the amount of surface contact)
- From then the hydrocarbons usually go through a process of cracking where longer chained saturated hydrocarbons are broken down into shorter chained alkanes/alkenes because they are more useful (e.g. shorter chained alkanes promote more efficient combustion and are better fuels)
Hope this makes sense!
Stereoisomerism
Compounds with the same structural formula but the atoms have different 3-dimensional (spatial) arrangement

Structural Isomerism
Molecules with the same molecular formula but different structural formula

Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile
What are the definitions that we need to know? As a Defo?
How come the majority of questions in past papers are written in the structural formula? do we need to usually give our answers like that too?
Original post by flygerianmc
How come the majority of questions in past papers are written in the structural formula? do we need to usually give our answers like that too?

Unless it specifically asks, you may use displayed, structural or skeletal, it doesn't matter.
Look at the mechanism, you should be able to figure it out from there if you swap the water for methanol.

ah that makes sense now, thanks! :smile:
Original post by Freddy-Francis
What are the definitions that we need to know? As a Defo?

all the ones you have to know are listen on the specification :smile:
Reply 1697
Any predictions?
Original post by xomaxhox
Anyone got a list of the reaction conditions that are required in OCR Chemistry B (Salters) for F332?

Would be greatly appreciated!

this is the OCR A thread, try the ocr B one :smile:
Reply 1699
Original post by Gotzz
Any predictions?

To be honest nearly everything comes up due to it being a 100 mark exam.

Latest

Trending

Trending