The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by theworld
Was ethanol DEG question, inhibiting?

Nope. They can both be broken down my the enzyme, if you read the text book, you'd know ethanol was the natural substrate for alcohol dehydrogenase.
Reply 1781

Part ii, yes
Original post by Gotzz
I put cystine instead of glycine too!!!! :mad:

wait x was cytosine!
Reply 1783
Original post by jackitsme
i think microscopes is an answer

But microscope stuffs are in unit1.. evolution makes more sense to be in a unit2 exam isn't it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1784
I put poor diet, overcrowding and homelessness for the three reasons why people are more at risk for TB. I'm really started to doubt homelessness but my teacher told me that. D:
Original post by niceguy95
7 marks or not

For the selective breeding question

I wrote about how it follows natural selection
Best crops with best characteristics chosen and bred together until Hugh yielding crop.
Resistance to diseases due mutation and genetic variation
Crops with the resistance can on,y survive and reproduce
Offspring are advantageous
Alleles which cause this resistance passed over many generation
Evolution occurs (long term) so crops with the resistance becomes more common I the population

trouble is, that's not selextive breeding.
Am I the only one who said that the phagocyte has elastase enzymes which are used to digest elastic fibres so they can exit the blood into the tissue fluid? That was all I could think of at the time. So much pressure!
Original post by Gotzz
I put cystine instead of glycine too!!!! :mad:

I was so proud of myself for remembering a name of an amino acid aswell! :unimpressed:
Original post by Deziah
I put poor diet, overcrowding and homelessness for the three reasons why people are more at risk for TB. I'm really started to doubt homelessness but my teacher told me that. D:

You would get marks for homelessness, seriously, don't worry.
Original post by own
Natural selection isn't the same as selective breeding?

I know it's doesn't, It asked about resistance to disease and that due natural selection
Original post by Musclemania
Am I the only one who said that the phagocyte has elastase enzymes which are used to digest elastic fibres so they can exit the blood into the tissue fluid? That was all I could think of at the time. So much pressure!

Don't worry, it's only two marks.
I know it's doesn't, It asked about resistance to disease and that due natural selection

No, it asked how selective breeding could be used to produce resistant crops.
Original post by Musclemania

Thats for reaching inner edothelium,sorry
Reply 1793

They specifically said selective breeding
Original post by Liamnut
trouble is, that's not selextive breeding.

I didn't ask for, it asked long and short term reasons why they are resistant to disease, I on,y mentioned selective breeding process, the rest is explanation of natural selection which are Guidlines for resistance
Original post by Liamnut
You would get marks for homelessness, seriously, don't worry.

tb is spread by water droplets and extange of bood fluids...
X = nitrogenous base
Y = nucleotide?

Posted from TSR Mobile

YES! :smile: You should have said it was a competitive inhibitor as they both acted as substrates :smile:
Reply 1798
Original post by jackitsme
Thats for reaching inner edothelium,sorry

Isn't it due to histamine s making capillaries leaky, and high hydrostatic pressure?
Original post by QuantumSuicide
X = nitrogenous base
Y = nucleotide?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think you actually have to name the base, as you did on a similar question in a past paper I did

Latest

Trending

Trending