The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4000
Original post by Scienceisgood
Did you mention anything about negative pressure?

nope, ive never seen that on a mark scheme before
For the controls could you say "amount of lipid on paper"? :biggrin:
Reply 4002
Hey Guys! Help!! I put cetromere instead of ceNtromere, will I still get the mark? i have no idea what i was doing then :frown:
ah, the best thing about that biology paper was my answer to this question: Suggest 2 advantages of a male snake breeding with a long tailed female.
- gets to spend a longer night with female
-
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by walkers38
I swear its species diversity decreasing and not increasing.

Yep, my mistake, i didnt remember the question. I'll edit the post so people stop telling me this :tongue:
Reply 4005
Original post by laym

they might accept negative pressure for tension
Reply 4006
Original post by laym

You just talk about

Active transport Endodermis, Transports mineral ions into xylem, lowers water potential in xylem, water moves into xylem because of water gradient, this is root pressure. Transpiration in the leaves through the stomata due to water gradient between leaf and air, creates tension in xylem, water moves from xylem to leaves due to water gradient, water molecules stick together by hydrogen bonding and form a column of water - cohesion tension. That would get you all the marks I'd say.
Original post by vigneshsb
because, my fricking 'uncle who is a doctor' has a ****ing phd in oncology bitch; stop acting smart

easy flexer...!
How water moves across the endodermis into the xylem and into the leaves? 6 marks.

Can somebody write a full detailed answer worth 6 marks on this please, im kinda confused on what people are saying
Reply 4009
Original post by Blobar
You just talk about

Active transport Endodermis, Transports mineral ions into xylem, lowers water potential in xylem, water moves into xylem because of water gradient, this is root pressure. Transpiration in the leaves through the stomata due to water gradient between leaf and air, creates tension in xylem, water moves from xylem to leaves due to water gradient, water molecules stick together by hydrogen bonding and form a column of water - cohesion tension. That would get you all the marks I'd say.

okay thanks, i think i missed out some key facts like Hydrogen bonding between the water molecules but hopefully I think I'll have got 4/6 marks
Reply 4010
For the question about the amino acids missing I put the mutation may have cause a stop codon to be produced?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Answer is 7.5 checked with my tutor

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4012
Original post by haidaralinasir
easy flexer...!

Who are you, your the flexer, hardcore!
Reply 4013
Can you explain why ?
Original post by v_nelson
Hey Guys! Help!! I put cetromere instead of ceNtromere, will I still get the mark? i have no idea what i was doing then :frown:

as long as you spelt your name right 'tis all good :P
Reply 4015
Original post by robertfischer

Posted from TSR Mobile

Can you explain why?
Original post by khalidpatel
How water moves across the endodermis into the xylem and into the leaves? 6 marks.

Can somebody write a full detailed answer worth 6 marks on this please, im kinda confused on what people are saying

Ions actively transported with ATP into the xylem [1]
Lowering water potential in xylem causing water to move in [1]
via osmosis [1]
down a concentration gradient [1]
Transpiration of water [1]
causes cohesion tension between water molecules [1]
causes water to be pulled up the xylem
then maybe something about the xylems diameter decreasing?
Original post by robertfischer

Posted from TSR Mobile

well if your tutor said so it must be right ... (!)
Original post by WheezyT
For the question about the amino acids missing I put the mutation may have cause a stop codon to be produced?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I put that too! :biggrin:
Original post by rumpelstiltskin1
ah, the best thing about that biology paper was my answer to this question: Suggest 2 advantages of a male snake breeding with a long tailed female?
- gets to spend a longer night with female
-

Hahahaha ! Omg, that is great. :L

Latest

Trending

Trending