The Student Room Group

**AQA BUSS 2 4th June Revision thread**

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rumenaislam
Thank you, much appreciated!! :biggrin:

lean production isnt on the spec is it?!
I remember doing it at gcse, not for AS though..
Original post by needtosucceed=)
lean production isnt on the spec is it?!
I remember doing it at gcse, not for AS though..

I don't know we got taught it lesson, so I'm assuming it is?
I don't know we got taught it lesson, so I'm assuming it is?

I've checked the specification and textbook and its not in either :confused:
I've checked the specification and textbook and its not in either :confused:

Oh. :s-smilie: My tutor2u booklet briefly mentions it
Oh. :s-smilie: My tutor2u booklet briefly mentions it

oh right, well theres no harm in knowing it anyway :smile:
how's everyone feeling? :smile:
Reply 126
What topics came up in the January exam? Would those topics probably not come up in the exam tomorrow?

And how likely is Elasticity of Demand to come up? Only topic I find any problem writing more than a short paragraph on with detail.

Cheers! :biggrin:
Original post by oJNAo
What topics came up in the January exam? Would those topics probably not come up in the exam tomorrow?

And how likely is Elasticity of Demand to come up? Only topic I find any problem writing more than a short paragraph on with detail.

Cheers! :biggrin:

elasticity of demand is highly unlikely to come up as a stand alone question. it normally gives you the value for it or has data on it so you can work it out yourself, then just incorporate these figures into any of the long 13-15 mark essays to support your argument.

i've attached the jan 2013 paper and ms :smile:
Reply 128
how's everyone feeling? :smile:

nervous wbu?
Original post by Aamna01
nervous wbu?

i'm in year 13 I already did this paper last summer and got an A
im just resitting to get more points to ease the pressure off unit 3+4
feeling okay about it, I havent prepared as much as I would have liked but if you know the content fairly well and apply your answers its not too hard :smile:
i'm in year 13 I already did this paper last summer and got an A
im just resitting to get more points to ease the pressure off unit 3+4
feeling okay about it, I havent prepared as much as I would have liked but if you know the content fairly well and apply your answers its not too hard :smile:

Do you have any exam technique tips? I think thats what lets me down the most!
Reply 131
Original post by Majeue
Same haa I spent literally all of half term revising biology so I'm so tired. How did you find the biology? I'm guessing you did f212 right?

Yeah! It was okay, reckon I lost a few marks on silly mistakes, but overall I'm happy! How about you?
Original post by usernamelol
Do you have any exam technique tips? I think thats what lets me down the most!

the main thing i've come across in examiners reports is that people make loads of relevant points, but never develop them. lots of little points = 3 marks. 2 fully developed points = 6 marks. its all about quality. also, just dropping the name of the business will get you 0 marks. state a point and analyse it in context of the business. so for example, you could make a very generic point saying 'decreasing price may increase sales revenue as more customers will be attracted to it'. a better response would be 'decreasing prices would be good for company X because demand for their goods is elastic (shown by the value of 1.5) therefore this means sales would increase. you've used something given to you in the case study to support and strengthen your argument, rather than only mentioning their name which would score nothing.
theres loads of marks for evaluation in this paper so make it thorough. i believe X, my main reason being...but this will depend on..in the short term this may happen if they choose this decision..this will have an impact on their objective of 10% increase in sales etc etc.
also a key thing, to get high application + analysis marks in the long 13-15 markers its a very good idea to use figures to support your argument. not ones theyve already given to you, but actually calculating your own figures from given data.
Reply 133
anyone what are the formulas and definitions you need to know for tomorrows exam?
Reply 134
Original post by JG1027
anyone what are the formulas and definitions you need to know for tomorrows exam?

http://www.tutor2u.net/blog/files/BUSS2_Formulae.pdf
This is a quite helpful handout on BUSS2 formulae and explanations

http://www.tutor2u.net/blog/index.php/business-studies/comments/buss2-key-terms
This is a link to all the key defintions of BUSS2
Reply 135
Original post by Gurd33p
http://www.tutor2u.net/blog/files/BUSS2_Formulae.pdf
This is a quite helpful handout on BUSS2 formulae and explanations

http://www.tutor2u.net/blog/index.php/business-studies/comments/buss2-key-terms
This is a link to all the key defintions of BUSS2
Thank you :smile:
Reply 136
Original post by LaughingGas
Yeah! It was okay, reckon I lost a few marks on silly mistakes, but overall I'm happy! How about you?

I thought most of it was alright, but the collagen questions at the start I wasn't really sure about, hadnt learnt it too well haha, and it was like 10% of the paper on collagen ^.^ . For the 6 marker i wrote it was a helix has fibrils and then I wrote about it having disulfide bonds an hydrophobic interactions or something.. Probably totally wrong but anyways.
Can someone go over price elasticity for me? I am struggling to understand it. The only thing I know is that if it is price elastic a change in price will have a significant change in demand. For price inelastic a change in price wont have much affect on change in demand.
Reply 138
elasticity of demand is highly unlikely to come up as a stand alone question. it normally gives you the value for it or has data on it so you can work it out yourself, then just incorporate these figures into any of the long 13-15 mark essays to support your argument.

i've attached the jan 2013 paper and ms :smile:

Could you explain PED to mee? If its negative should you increase or decrease price? I get confused :tongue: thanks
Original post by Majeue
Could you explain PED to mee? If its negative should you increase or decrease price? I get confused :tongue: thanks

ignore the sign, treat it as being positive. a value between 0 and less than 1 = price inelastic, therefore demand wont change with price. 1 and anything greater than 1 -= elastic, so demand changes with price.

price inelastic = increase your prices
price elastic = decrease your prices

so if youre given a value of -2.2, ignore the -ve sign. its just 2.2, and therefore elastic

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending