The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Let's not forget January was a resit paper, so grade boundaries tend to be higher. This paper was decent but a lot of people would have been thrown by the alcohol dehydrogenase question and some others too. Think grade boundaries will be the usual, nothing more nothing less :smile: That's nearly always the case anyway
Original post by JamilMCR
There was a one mark question on the potato question about what causes the resistance in some potato crop, or something like that. What did people put for that, wasn't sure between random mutation or natural selection, went with mutation.

I didn't know if they meant over time or in one generation, so I put a DNA mutation that was made prevalent throughout the population through natural selection:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Slightly off topic... What do you reckon an A will be in our practicals, /40? :tongue:
Reply 2003
Does anyone have a rough idea of how much UMS would an 80 raw mark be?
Original post by Liberty.
Slightly off topic... What do you reckon an A will be in our practicals, /40? :tongue:

36 :smile:

Id go with same as last year: 36/40

Wont be any higher but could possibly be 35
I think I got between 72 and 80 (quite a big gap I know), hoping I might just about scrape into an A across the 3 modules as I think I was a couple of UMS over an A at the midway point
Reply 2007
was this papers easier than jan?
Original post by Dr. Django
Id go with same as last year: 36/40

Wont be any higher but could possibly be 35

Ugh, holy poop. I only got 32/40 :frown: sad times.
Original post by abudabu
Does anyone have a rough idea of how much UMS would an 80 raw mark be?

If its the same kind of grade boundaries as usual I would guess around 135-140 out of 150 (aka very very high!)
Ugh, holy poop. I only got 32/40 :frown: sad times.

The grade boundaries are absolutely mental for practicals (I think because a lot of schools give a little 'extra help')! Still, you can make up for it in other exams! I think 32 is the C/B border which is crazy when you consider it's 80%
Reply 2011
I wrote amino acids for the "state the biological molecule" question - is that not right?
Reply 2012
Is so ridiculous my biology teacher gives us no help what so ever and that puts us at a serious disadvantage. She also says she can't tell us how we did so I have no idea what i have in it, do your teachers tell you?
I was resitting f212 today, so did coursework last year, got 31 which my teacher said was a B so I couldn't resit, ended up getting a C with 38 ums.
Original post by Ellahkb
I wrote amino acids for the "state the biological molecule" question - is that not right?

For the enzyme one?
Reply 2015
Original post by Blashnet
For the enzyme one?

Yep, the one before the alcohol question
Original post by Mule
Is so ridiculous my biology teacher gives us no help what so ever and that puts us at a serious disadvantage. She also says she can't tell us how we did so I have no idea what i have in it, do your teachers tell you?

We were given the title of the experiment and that is all :/ we got told what we got but they were reluctant to do so! No way everyone gets 36+ without ANY help
hi guys! what did people put on the pathogen question? was is phagocytosis or t/b lymphocytes :s-smilie:
what did people put for the question which said something about state with letter(s) - A, B or C represent neutrophils???

i put B and C is this correct??
Original post by Ellahkb
Yep, the one before the alcohol question

it was enzymes :smile: not sure if they would accept amino acids.. :/

Latest

Trending

Trending