The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by thatitootoo
LOL over the past 6 months, I've made no/very little progress in German, and I've had all the time in the world tbh..:tongue:

I could really do with some of the commitment expressed by L'Evil Fish. If you had my time to learn German, I have no doubt that you would be semi-fluent by now, instead of facing the prospect of studying GCSE instead of AS.

Maybe we are just two extremes?? Ich weiß nicht :tongue:
Hey, don't feel bad.

Fish once bought a German book, and then came on a thread to ask us if the book he had in front of him had any answers in it! Very committed!
LOL over the past 6 months, I've made no/very little progress in German, and I've had all the time in the world tbh..:tongue:

I could really do with some of the commitment expressed by L'Evil Fish. If you had my time to learn German, I have no doubt that you would be semi-fluent by now, instead of facing the prospect of studying GCSE instead of AS.

Maybe we are just two extremes?? Ich weiß nicht :tongue:

Original post by Octopus_Garden
Hey, don't feel bad.

Fish once bought a German book, and then came on a thread to ask us if the book he had in front of him had any answers in it! Very committed!

:rofl: this basically.

I don't think I'm smart enough for German yet... I just keep putting it off, don't know why...

Romance languages are a lot eas(ier) not easy... For me, so I prefer those :lol:

Either way, I thought your German was great?:eyeball:
Original post by Octopus_Garden
Hey, don't feel bad.

Oh yh :L I forgot about that! But nontheless I think he's displaying an honourable amount of dedicationnnn :biggrin:
Oh yh :L I forgot about that! But nontheless I think he's displaying an honourable amount of dedicationnnn :smile:

Thanks, everyone else seems to think I'm overzealous or trying too hard :lol: oh well... C'est la vie :mmm:
Original post by Ronove
I got the Subway job. :colondollar:

Would: "Alles Gute zur neue(r) Arbeit" make sense xD
inspired by "Alles Gute zum Geburtstag"

Nonetheless...GEFELICITEERD! :biggrin: and if they have it in Denmark I recommend the equivalences of Chicken Tikka/Big Beef Melt/BMT! :awesome:

Now that I've wrote that, I'm seriously hoping that you're not vegetarian/vegan...lool
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Thanks, everyone else seems to think I'm overzealous or trying too hard :lol: oh well... C'est la vie :mmm:

They just don't want you to burn out and become a Bratfisch too soon! :tongue:
wooo C'est la vie! :yep:
They just don't want you to burn out and become a Bratfisch too soon! :tongue:
wooo C'est la vie! :yep:

:rofl: je suis sûr que j'arrêterais si je sais que * I'll "burn out" :tongue:
:rofl: je suis sûr que j'arrêterais si je sais que * I'll "burn out" :tongue:

Noooo! You must go easy on all the grammar then!
I'm now getting a tuna subway, you do not want to end up being in it, do yaa? :biggrin:
Noooo! You must go easy on all the grammar then!
I'm now getting a tuna subway, you do not want to end up being in it, do yaa? :biggrin:

Huh? I said I'm sure I'd stop if I know I'll burn out...

:mmm: if you enjoy it, I wouldn't mind:wink:
Probably! And in extension, there might also be a link between Maths-Language-Music-Memory :tongue: :wink:

Well yeah... My music skills haven't been tested tbh, so I wouldn't know... Memory. It depends what it is :tongue:
Huh? I said I'm sure I'd stop if I know I'll burn out...

:mmm: if you enjoy it, I wouldn't mind:wink:

Ohhh! I skipped the French bit...:tongue:
Uhm I got the Big Beef Melt instead, but Merci beaucoup xD
Ohhh! I skipped the French bit...:tongue:
Uhm I got the Big Beef Melt instead, but Merci beaucoup xD

:lol: makes sense :mmm:

I had a steak and cheese meaty one once... It wasn't amazing I must say :mmm:
Reply 1953
Would: "Alles Gute zur neue(r) Arbeit" make sense xD
inspired by "Alles Gute zum Geburtstag"

Nonetheless...GEFELICITEERD! :biggrin: and if they have it in Denmark I recommend the equivalences of Chicken Tikka/Big Beef Melt/BMT! :awesome:

Now that I've wrote that, I'm seriously hoping that you're not vegetarian/vegan...lool

Thanks! :biggrin: And I'm not sure about the German question to be honest. Never heard anyone congratulate someone on getting a job.

I really like Meatball Marinara. I think my mentioning of this on my covering letter may have been the clincher - hahaha.

I think I'll be rotating around the menu a bit when at work or I don't think I'll be able to eat any of it anymore... we can choose a sub or a salad meal, so I guess I'll opt for salad sometimes. There will be no tuna involved in anything though - bleurgh!
Original post by Ronove
Thanks! :biggrin: And I'm not sure about the German question to be honest. Never heard anyone congratulate someone on getting a job.

I really like Meatball Marinara. I think my mentioning of this on my covering letter may have been the clincher - hahaha.

I think I'll be rotating around the menu a bit when at work or I don't think I'll be able to eat any of it anymore... we can choose a sub or a salad meal, so I guess I'll opt for salad sometimes. There will be no tuna involved in anything though - bleurgh!

:O you do get to stay in the country now, that's worth a congrats! :tongue:
That one is niceeeee too!! albeot a little bit messy (if you eat it in public) haha I think it's alrite, but just not worth my £5..xP
Reply 1955
:O you do get to stay in the country now, that's worth a congrats! :tongue:
That one is niceeeee too!! albeot a little bit messy (if you eat it in public) haha I think it's alrite, but just not worth my £5..xP

What about for free? :colone:
Original post by Ronove
What about for free? :colone:

Not an option for meeeeee
I'm so jel
omg
Je sais que ce sera * verzwickt * but it'd also be quite a fun way of learning other languages... Nous devrions * quote anyone who is able * hablar * multiple languages :wink:

That was:

French * German * English * French * English * Spanish * English

:rofl: no Italian :colonhash:

I actually understood it :biggrin: Be proud people of TSR
Original post by JackDKilroy
I actually understood it :biggrin: Be proud people of TSR

Haha good :h:

Speak any languages then?:wink:
So...

Non puedo hablar español pero voy divagar hasta que alguien mi puede con mis errores...!

^ probably a few mistakes there...

Question for Spanish peeps..

When using "that" for sentences like:

I know that...
He thinks that...

Which word do we use? Thanks

Latest

Trending

Trending