Reply 620
Original post by posthumus
w=lamda x d / s
^^ is the one you use for double slit... the one you quoted is for single slit

isnt it for a diffraction grating?
Reply 621
Original post by FLLF
isnt it for a diffraction grating?

Yes it's for a diffraction grating. Do you know why you can use suvat when you've calculated an average acceleration so it isn't constant?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 622
Original post by Bethj1234
Yes it's for a diffraction grating. Do you know why you can use suvat when you've calculated an average acceleration so it isn't constant?

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you look at how the equations are derived, they use the fact that v=u+at and s= 1/2(u+v)t . These don't remain true when the acceleration is non uniform (I think). You wont have to worry about this though...
Reply 623
i there a formula for tension in say a rope being pulled
Reply 624
Hey guys,
Does anyone know if we need to know about parallel springs and springs in series? If so, could someone explain it to me as I can't understand the the textbook
Reply 625
Original post by looloo4
Hey guys,
Does anyone know if we need to know about parallel springs and springs in series? If so, could someone explain it to me as I can't understand the the textbook

I've seen a past paper question somewhere about springs in parallel and springs in series.

Basically parallel spreads the extension between the two springs since the force is shared.

And for series each spring extends by what you'd expect meaning that the overall extension is double that for one spring.
Hi june 2012 Q6aii how did they get the phase between X and Y to be 180? I said about 160?
Original post by pilotluke1
Hi june 2012 Q6aii how did they get the phase between X and Y to be 180? I said about 160?

It's a rule: if the 2 particles are separated by an Odd number of nodes, the phase difference is 180° or pi radians
And if they're separated by an Even number of nodes, the phase difference is 0 .

Posted from TSR Mobile
Jan 12 5a

Can I get a bit of help with that? Unless I'm reading the question wrong, it tells me to draw the zero and first order lines. The mark scheme gives marks for a graph though.
Original post by NedStark
Jan 12 5a

Can I get a bit of help with that? Unless I'm reading the question wrong, it tells me to draw the zero and first order lines. The mark scheme gives marks for a graph though.

Hi, no one is helping you. HAHA, do not worry. You just have to draw 3 lines. Like this,
I so hope this paper is gonna be like Jan 13, that paper was nooiiiice
Original post by StalkeR47
Hi, no one is helping you. HAHA, do not worry. You just have to draw 3 lines. Like this,

Hey, how did you find the ICT exam?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did the first part, just didn't include a screen. :frown:

How would we include the spectrum of colours?

It is only 3 marks is not it? So, just give 3 examples. Say white at the middle like mine and that is it. 3/3 marks done! :smile:
Original post by Jimmy20002012
Hey, how did you find the ICT exam?

Posted from TSR Mobile

For the first question, I was stuck on the first device HAHA and left it blank. When I finished the exam paper, I went through all the questions and remembered it was an OMR since the definition was something about exam paper marks. And they system software question, I wrote about the utility and it's functions such as defragmentation and virus checking. Not sure about the BIOS though. Few of my friends did wrote about bios. HAHA And, the first question, I wrote the notepad tablet for the tablet device. I am just worried about section b since it was all on the sample work (as usual) but the validation and verification and the 20 marker was amazing! What did you write about the question where it says "discuss how you have ensured the effectiveness and the robust data entry for the outputs?" This question was horrible. I gave reference from my sample work and talked about the verification and validation since this is what the robust means right? What about you m8?:smile:

It is like, 2 ,marks for the first and second order beam. 1 mark for the labels (min, max, first and 2nd order beam etc).:biggrin:
HAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!! Only 2 more exams and that is it! :smile: No more as levels! Only A2 and the crucial preparation for the university application and the personal statement and the work experience and the month of RAMADAN! :smile: I am soo happy lol! HAHAHAHAHA:smile:
For the first question, I was stuck on the first device HAHA and left it blank. When I finished the exam paper, I went through all the questions and remembered it was an OMR since the definition was something about exam paper marks. And they system software question, I wrote about the utility and it's functions such as defragmentation and virus checking. Not sure about the BIOS though. Few of my friends did wrote about bios. HAHA And, the first question, I wrote the notepad tablet for the tablet device. I am just worried about section b since it was all on the sample work (as usual) but the validation and verification and the 20 marker was amazing! What did you write about the question where it says "discuss how you have ensured the effectiveness and the robust data entry for the outputs?" This question was horrible. I gave reference from my sample work and talked about the verification and validation since this is what the robust means right? What about you m8?:smile:

Think the only one I messed up on what the system software, got mixed up with application software, how many marks was that question. Also with for that one where you had to talk about a software you have used to create something, what did you put? Not sure don't think it said robust, it said how outputs created would see if your solution was effective and suitable?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jimmy20002012
Think the only one I messed up on what the system software, got mixed up with application software, how many marks was that question. Also with for that one where you had to talk about a software you have used to create something, what did you put? Not sure don't think it said robust, it said how outputs created would see if your solution was effective and suitable?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Maybe not! I am just mixed up now :frown: But there was a question on outputs though. System software question was 4 marks. For the software question, I put that, I solved a problem by creating a presentation for year 7 students by using the presentation software. What did you write?

Quick Reply

Latest