The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2060
Hi guys, I need your honest opinion on this. For the phagocyte question, I read the pathogens part, but didn't read the whole question until it said "phagocyte" so I instantly started to write about B Lymphocytes and T Lymphocytes, completely messed up that question, i talked about T Lymphocytes detecting antigen on Antigen presenting cells, and binding to it, secreting enzymes to kill the cell by actions of T Killer Cells etc. Do you think I will lose all the 7 marks, or do you think they will be kind and allow maybe 2 marks? The worst part is that I know everything about phagocytosis. Can't believe I messed up a 7 mark question, really wanted 135 UMS.
Original post by ellie2996
For question one I put polypeptide :frown:(( do you think this would be accepted?

I'm sorry but I doubt it!
Reply 2062
The exam seems easy but looking back on it wording of the questions seems confusing and you can easily lose easy marks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by burnatte4
I'm sorry but I doubt it!

Why not? A sequence of amino acids is a polypeptide chain.
Original post by JindleBrey
Why not? A sequence of amino acids is a polypeptide chain.

I put polypeptide, it seems right.
Original post by AnharM
Hi guys, I need your honest opinion on this. For the phagocyte question, I read the pathogens part, but didn't read the whole question until it said "phagocyte" so I instantly started to write about B Lymphocytes and T Lymphocytes, completely messed up that question, i talked about T Lymphocytes detecting antigen on Antigen presenting cells, and binding to it, secreting enzymes to kill the cell by actions of T Killer Cells etc. Do you think I will lose all the 7 marks, or do you think they will be kind and allow maybe 2 marks? The worst part is that I know everything about phagocytosis. Can't believe I messed up a 7 mark question, really wanted 135 UMS.

same here bro. :frown:
Original post by Legal drugdealer
for the TB question i put M.Bovis is this right?

Is it myobacterium or mycobacterium :rolleyes: because I wrote Mycobacterium bovis :/
I think polypeptide is right because saying primary structure is the term not the name... but who knows?
do spelling matter, i think i put micobacterium, also for q1 i put primary structure, is that right?
Thought it was a very nice paper for OCR's standards, especially in comparison to the awful one I sat last summer. Only question that threw me slightly was the 6 marker on collagen structure, as I was struggling for points after getting 3 down aha. 3 marker on EIA I was clutching at straws a bit too, my 3 things they have to take into consideration were:
-Length of time it will take for building to be completed
-What area (size) of habitat will be affected by the building work
-Are there any endangered species present in that habitat already

No idea whether any of those would gain a mark?
Original post by TheIsotope
do spelling matter, i think i put micobacterium, also for q1 i put primary structure, is that right?

I put primary structure and I think that's right but then again others think its polypeptide, guess we'll never know...atleast until the markscheme is made.
Original post by Unsworth
Thought it was a very nice paper for OCR's standards, especially in comparison to the awful one I sat last summer. Only question that threw me slightly was the 6 marker on collagen structure, as I was struggling for points after getting 3 down aha. 3 marker on EIA I was clutching at straws a bit too, my 3 things they have to take into consideration were:

I wrote the last two you wrote, I'm pretty sure they're correct as I've seen them both in mark schemes before :smile:
Don't you love not having to wait 24 hrs to talk about ocr exams?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by yasmin.mahfouz
Don't you love not having to wait 24 hrs to talk about ocr exams?

Posted from TSR Mobile

thats only for edexcel. OCR is taken only in the UK so it doesnt matter.
Reply 2074
What do we think an A will be
Original post by Unsworth

My three things for the EIA:
Any endangered species in the area.
How the development would affect biodiversity
Simpsons index of diversity to take into account.
Original post by Kits
What do we think an A will be

Was about to ask the same thing. Considering the highest its ever been is 73 (i think), maybe 72, probably at most 75
I'm probably arguing this point more because I did put this, but surely 'polypeptide' is acceptable for the very first question, because that IS the name given to a sequence of Amino acids. And in every past paper I have done with a question like that, they accept 'polypeptide' ...
Original post by hassaniqbal99
Is it myobacterium or mycobacterium :rolleyes: because I wrote Mycobacterium bovis :/

It's Mycobacterium tuberculosis or Mycobacterium bovis (just needed to put 1 I think - I put both). There are rumours it may have been needed to be underlined.
Original post by lucindaellaaa
I'm probably arguing this point more because I did put this, but surely 'polypeptide' is acceptable for the very first question, because that IS the name given to a sequence of Amino acids. And in every past paper I have done with a question like that, they accept 'polypeptide' ...

I put polypeptide, so did lots of other people so I'm sure it will be okay :smile:

Latest