The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

UCL? For maths? :lolwut:
That's fine :tongue:

UCL are pretty awesome overall, but they don't quite seem to have the same rep for maths as they do for other subjects.
Original post by simmy123
Who heres done the gcse history aqa medicine through time exam and if so how did you find it

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, it was alright, the long answer questions for medicine were a bit of a bitch though
Reply 5023
Only science exams to tackle now... So glad history is over. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well, technically I'm taking it next year as I have to be done with Maths/FM before I can start AFM, but I guess I'm doing more modules than a typical FM student at this point (including FP3 which is quite often used as an AFM module). So I can maybe still be considered a "current AFM student" :tongue:

Utilise khanacademy wherever possible. One problem is that you may find there is a lack of resources for some of the harder modules, whereas there seems to be a ton of resources available for all the easy modules! :rolleyes:

Someone on here who's doing M4/M5 now told me that the textbooks don't explain stuff that well, and that it's best to use the CD that comes with the textbook to get a better idea of the content.
I won't be doing A-levels :confused:. IB at a UWC (or worst case scenario Highers and Advanced highers)

I actually will have fun, thank you very much! It really doesn't require that much prep, just a couple of hours on a weekend to practice for the SATs, asking other teachers to write reccomendations - they should be willing to fi you've been an exemplary student and writing some essays that are maximum 500 words. I wasn't being serious when I said "full of drones", I was being sarcastic. Generally though, the type of student who thrives at Cambridge is very different to the type that thrives at a top U.S. school - that's more what I was implying.

In the past 2 weeks, I have talked to 3 CEOs at banks (Standard Chartered, UBS etc), 2 managing partners at magic circle firms and an entrepreneur :woo:. I feel like I can speak to anyone now :cool: All in the name of fundraising!
(edited 10 years ago)
hah! If you're on MEI, you've got more choices when it comes to modules, which is always a plus. I'm on Edexcel, and they've only got 18 modules, so no flexibility there at all :colonhash:
Original post by simmy123
Who heres done the gcse history aqa medicine through time exam and if so how did you find it

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did, and I found it alright! I don't think I wrote enough though, damn timing :angry:
Original post by jonathanparkes
Yeah, it was alright, the long answer questions for medicine were a bit of a bitch though

What do you think the grade boundaries will be and i think i hve got 41/54

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Princepieman
I won't be doing A-levels :confused:. I actually will have fun, thank you very much! It really doesn't require that much prep, just a couple of hours on a weekend to practice for the SATs, asking other teachers to write reccomendations - they should be willing to fi you've been an exemplary student and writing some essays that are maximum 500 words. I wasn't being serious when I said "full of drones", I was being sarcastic. Generally though, the type of student who thrives at Cambridge is very different to the type that thrives at a top U.S. school - that's more what I was implying.

In the past 2 weeks, I have talked to 3 CEOs at banks (Standard Chartered, UBS etc), 2 managing partners at magic circle firms and an entrepreneur :woo:. I feel like I can speak to anyone now :cool: All in the name of fundraising!

Have you actually raised any funds yet, though? :pierre:
Original post by Bude8
Your love of abuse

:eek:
What abuse?
Original post by Meliss
So what's not a joke then

Rakim :nope:
Original post by Meliss
:eek:
What abuse?

I don't need to share the screenshots again...
Original post by Bude8
I don't need to share the screenshots again...

There was no abuse, bro. :rolleyes:
Just some clever planning and you falling for it! :biggrin: but really, is there any exam that isn't a joke? :eek:
PANICKING FOR TOMMOROW :afraid: English Language and Geography :frown:
Original post by JustaDreamer
PANICKING FOR TOMMOROW :afraid: English Language and Geography :frown:

I'm not sitting those tomorrow, but good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Molly_xox
I'm not sitting those tomorrow, but good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aww thank you! Best of luck with your exams too :smile:
Original post by Meliss
There was no abuse, bro. :rolleyes:
Just some clever planning and you falling for it! :biggrin: but really, is there any exam that isn't a joke? :eek:

Original post by JustaDreamer
Aww thank you! Best of luck with your exams too :smile:

Thank you:smile: what exams do you have left?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Molly_xox
Thank you:smile: what exams do you have left?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well I have those two tomorrow, then American West History exam next Monday, and Human Geography on Wednesday. Then I'm Free!!!!!!!!!! Signing off to revise, JustaDreamer over and out *salutes* :parrot:

Latest