The Student Room Group

ocr a f325 revision thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1260
Original post by MathsNerd1
Here are the questions, I hope they are big enough to read. :smile:

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1370260723.349974.jpg ImageUploadedByStudent Room1370260758.025667.jpg ImageUploadedByStudent Room1370260792.576133.jpg ImageUploadedByStudent Room1370260822.880193.jpg ImageUploadedByStudent Room1370260865.908822.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am admiring the high quality camera on your Phone! My old blackberry couldn't dream of taking photos like that hahaha! Thanks alot Maths Nerd I really appreciate it.

Will try a few of them ! So from what people have said I should

1. Draw a Diagram
2. Read every single word carefully.

I still have a bit of trouble choosing what is being reduced and what is being ionised when they give you a Compound, i.e. I find it hard to formulate Ionic Equations. My Teacher said its only an Ionic Equation if something like a Precipitate is being formed. :/

But will try them and and come back in a few hours. Got lesson then Maths past papers
Original post by Better
I am admiring the high quality camera on your Phone! My old blackberry couldn't dream of taking photos like that hahaha! Thanks alot Maths Nerd I really appreciate it.

Will try a few of them ! So from what people have said I should

1. Draw a Diagram
2. Read every single word carefully.

I still have a bit of trouble choosing what is being reduced and what is being ionised when they give you a Compound, i.e. I find it hard to formulate Ionic Equations. My Teacher said its only an Ionic Equation if something like a Precipitate is being formed. :/

But will try them and and come back in a few hours. Got lesson then Maths past papers

It's just my iPod really and well this should test you as most of these require you to produce half equations, they way I think about them is something will be oxidised and the other reduced, they should always tell you what's happening in them then you can see what you want to get.

For example MnO4- --->Mn2+
I firstly see oxygen that aren't on both sides so I put double the amount of Oxygen atoms of H+ ions to give:

MnO4- + 8H+ ---> Mn2+

Then I see on the right I need to balance the oxygen and hydrogen ions that I have, so add 4 molecules of water to give:

MnO4- + 8H+ ---> Mn2+ + 4H2O

Now finally I want to balance the charges on each side, so I've got -1+8= +7 on the left and +2 on the right, so 5 electrons are needed to balance this equation out to give the final one of

MnO4- + 8H+ +5 e- ----> Mn2+ + 4H2O

I do hope this helps you think through the steps :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's just my iPod really and well this should test you as most of these require you to produce half equations, they way I think about them is something will be oxidised and the other reduced, they should always tell you what's happening in them then you can see what you want to get.

I firstly see oxygen that aren't on both sides so I put double the amount of Oxygen atoms of H+ ions to give:

MnO4- + 8H+ ---> Mn2+

Then I see on the right I need to balance the oxygen and hydrogen ions that I have, so add 4 molecules of water to give:

Now finally I want to balance the charges on each side, so I've got -1+8= +7 on the left and +2 on the right, so 5 electrons are needed to balance this equation out to give the final one of

Posted from TSR Mobile

Have you done all past papers?
Original post by chignesh10
Have you done all past papers?

Not yet, I've still got 3 and the specimen to complete but I'm hoping to have them done this weekend :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Not yet, I've still got 3 and the specimen to complete but I'm hoping to have them done this weekend :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

The specimen is probably the worst paper ever...lol nothing like the real stuff! But still good practice.
I am not sure what to revise anymore...I have gone through the textbook 4/5 times and saving my last 2 paper for the weekend!

Any ideas?
The specimen is probably the worst paper ever...lol nothing like the real stuff! But still good practice.
I am not sure what to revise anymore...I have gone through the textbook 4/5 times and saving my last 2 paper for the weekend!

Any ideas?

just do the papers, i finished them off a few days a go
Original post by master y
just do the papers, i finished them off a few days a go

I do feel like doing them...:s-smilie: i will finish some physics off and decide

Any ideas?

I'd look around the Internet for similar styled questions to practice on as that's what I've done and its been quite helpful really :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'd look around the Internet for similar styled questions to practice on as that's what I've done and its been quite helpful really :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Will try to do that! thanks
Reply 1269

MnO4- + 8H+ ---> Mn2+

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just went over Jan 2013 Q8 with my Teacher.

It made sense fortunately!! It wasn't a Chemistry Question it was pretty much just a Maths question!!!
Reply 1270
Original post by Better

We're all gonna make it brah's !

You cheeky * :smile:.
Reply 1271
soooooo scared :afraid:

You'll be fine. Have hope :smile:
Original post by Better
Just went over Jan 2013 Q8 with my Teacher.

It made sense fortunately!! It wasn't a Chemistry Question it was pretty much just a Maths question!!!

Indeed, that's why I like the calculation questions quite a lot because they're more Maths than Chemistry :biggrin:

Any ideas?

harder or much easier?

Indeed, that's why I like the calculation questions quite a lot because they're more Maths than Chemistry :biggrin:

any answers for those questions? :smile:
anyone know what the highest an A has been and an A*? :smile:
Original post by MedMed12

Yeah, I'll post them when I get home tonight :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MedMed12
harder or much easier?

There are some irrelevant questions in yhere. I found it harder

Posted from TSR Mobile
Please can anyone even try to explain how to get Q8 last part on jan 2013? Thanks ! :bl:
Reply 1278
Please can anyone even try to explain how to get Q8 last part on jan 2013? Thanks ! :bl:

you work it out as a normal titration. Drawing it out is a way my teacher told me. You then get a ration of 1:1.67 which is the same as 3:5. You then do 5-3 to get 2+ and then do the equation. In the exam i made the 1:1.67 a 2:3 ratio :frown:. If i didn't do that i probably wouldn't of had to resit it :frown:
Reply 1279
Original post by JimmyA*
You cheeky * :smile:.

Hahah glad someone gets the reference!!! We have someone who lifts on this Forum!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending