The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2100
Original post by Unsworth
Thought it was a very nice paper for OCR's standards, especially in comparison to the awful one I sat last summer. Only question that threw me slightly was the 6 marker on collagen structure, as I was struggling for points after getting 3 down aha. 3 marker on EIA I was clutching at straws a bit too, my 3 things they have to take into consideration were:
-Length of time it will take for building to be completed
-What area (size) of habitat will be affected by the building work
-Are there any endangered species present in that habitat already

No idea whether any of those would gain a mark?

I put:

- to check if the habitat is rare
- to check if there are rare/endangered species, so that they won't be affected by the change.
- to check how much space the wind farm would take up in the habitat
Reply 2101
Does anyone have a copy of the paper
Reply 2102
Original post by Samiha.M
Guess this is what happens for last min revision and not doing past papers! I did about 2 and didnt cme across that qu! And LOOOOOL i wish!! Hmm.. Really hope its atlest a B cos the paper was actually nice! Wbu?

I calculated several times my total marks realistically and on the depth of knowledge written for the marks.
I am against those "suggest" questions that seem to colloquial for an easy, accurate answer so I lost a couple in them for definite.

I just like the centrifugation question!
My luck was in store; my school hired and Senior Examiner last month and she spent time giving strategies for that EXACT question - that originates from 1985 really!
Total!?
93/100.
I can be very proud of myself; I revised a hell of a lot and this is my reward hopefully!
I hope you done great too!
I was a phenomenal paper, in my opinion!
:biggrin::wink::smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2103
Original post by Musclemania
Im sure the biodiversity questions was three marks not two cuss I was sitting there writing out a lot of BS

Not only that, but this mark scheme adds to 92 :s
Reply 2104
any one got a copy of the paper please?
Reply 2105
3 precautions in centrifugation
-Same volume of DNA
-Same volume of sugar solution
-Same time for centrifugation

Is the first point correct? same volume of DNA? Wouldn't it determine how much is spun out if it is more or less?

I reckon grade boundaries will be about 73 for an A. Its like ocr wants everyone to suffer
:unimpressed:
Reply 2106
Original post by theCreator
Was about to ask the same thing. Considering the highest its ever been is 73 (i think), maybe 72, probably at most 75

If thats the case I think I may have got it.. It was fairly straighforward though, the boundaries might be higher than we've seen. I know it's been upwards of 83 for chem.

How do you think you did?
Original post by Kits
If thats the case I think I may have got it.. It was fairly straighforward though, the boundaries might be higher than we've seen. I know it's been upwards of 83 for chem.

How do you think you did?

Yeah but chemistry boundaries generally are high, biology boundaries are generally low. I know I dropped about 10 marks for sure, then adding about 10-15 because of a specific, picky markscheme, I'm hoping I still managed to scrape an A for biology. I am most definitely dropping it, but still it would be nice to get an A.
Reply 2108
Original post by theCreator
Yeah but chemistry boundaries generally are high, biology boundaries are generally low. I know I dropped about 10 marks for sure, then adding about 10-15 because of a specific, picky markscheme, I'm hoping I still managed to scrape an A for biology. I am most definitely dropping it, but still it would be nice to get an A.

Yeah pretty much exactly the same for me

Hope we get our grade :biggrin:
Reply 2109
[QUOTE="Musclemania;42942150"]Im sure the biodiversity questions was three marks not two cuss I was sitting there writing out a lot of BS[/QUOTE
Only addsup to 92 :s
73/74 for an A seems fair,but in actual reality to the difficulty of most questions,that's low

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2111
Original post by g.k.galloway
I put that but in r2 the one above was in line with the far right test tube

think about it like this...
in the first test tube with the band given the DNA strands were XX
after replicating once in the new nitrogen it was XY
after replicating again it was YY and XY
then the final test tube was YY

It may be wrong but it made sense to me :smile:

I did it like that as well :smile:

Loved this paper soso much! Compared to the F211 one, it was beautiful :biggrin: Now to hope Chem is like this tomorrow..
Reply 2112
JUSTIN BEIBER IS DEADD !!
Thanks for looking, may someone tell me the amount of marks needed for 110ums? ( only need that for an A )
Original post by zangorou
I did it like that as well :smile:

Loved this paper soso much! Compared to the F211 one, it was beautiful :biggrin: Now to hope Chem is like this tomorrow..

High five for mathsy people!

Yeh...lets hope so!
Please let F322 be like this tomorrow

Posted from TSR Mobile
I reckon around:

A -70
B -64
C -58
D -52
E -46

Could be higher, could be lower, I guess we shall just wait and see until results day...:redface:
Did anybody whilst writing the obvious points for collagen (triple helix, 3 pp chains) write about primary, secondary and tertiary structure? Because I found it hard to get six marks otherwise
I did that ,purely because there's a question on a past paper about haemoglobin that asked you to do that,although having said that,you could at least write 3 or 4 points on the property alone

Posted from TSR Mobile
EIA? Could I have said they take into account the size of the area
Original post by ClarkyC...
Did anybody whilst writing the obvious points for collagen (triple helix, 3 pp chains) write about primary, secondary and tertiary structure? Because I found it hard to get six marks otherwise

That's what gets you the mark

Look at 7ai) same Question but haemoglobin instead

http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/59950-question-paper-unit-f212-molecules-biodiversity-food-and-health.pdf

And the markscheme

http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/61817-mark-scheme-unit-f212-molecules-biodiversity-food-and-health-january.pdf

Latest

Trending

Trending