The Student Room Group

**AQA BUSS 2 4th June Revision thread**

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Original post by needtosucceed=)
ignore the sign, treat it as being positive. a value between 0 and less than 1 = price inelastic, therefore demand wont change with price. 1 and anything greater than 1 -= elastic, so demand changes with price.

price inelastic = increase your prices
price elastic = decrease your prices

so if youre given a value of -2.2, ignore the -ve sign. its just 2.2, and therefore elastic

Thankyou so much!
like what?
i'm pretty sure those are the main ones.

Absenteeism but that's the only one I can think of
only 9 pages left..keep going :banana:

Yea but it takes me ages because its boring. I like to remember through pictures and when i just get advantages and disadvantages with definitions it takes me ages. Lol.
Original post by Frostyjoe
Theres more than that.

Gross Profit= Revenue - Variable Cost

Net Profit= Revenue - Total Costs

Percentage Change= (Change/Original) x 100

Variance= Actual - Budget

Absenteeism= (Number of staff absent/Total number of staff) x 100
These are all the others i can think of.
(edited 10 years ago)
If it's an 7/8 mark question on something like analyse the consequences of X moving into a mass market, do you evaluate?
Also would say:
7/8 marks - 2 paragraphs
12/13/14 marks - 3 paragraphs and evaluation?
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Superunknown17
Absenteeism but that's the only one I can think of

thats not actually asked for in the spec but the textbook and revision guide go through it as they think its important.
Has anybody done the Jan 2013 or June 2012 papers and can you remember the topics?
Original post by rumenaislam
If it's an 7/8 mark question on something like analyse the consequences of X moving into a mass market, do you eventuate?
Also would say:
7/8 marks - 2 paragraphs
12/13/14 marks - 3 paragraphs and evaluation?

8 markers have 0 marks for evaluation. all 8 marks come from good application and analysis.
evaluations are for 12+markers
Punctiality and unit cost.
Original post by vithusan40
Has anybody done the Jan 2013 or June 2012 papers and can you remember the topics?

All the topics are on there: http://www.tutor2u.net/blog/index.php/business-studies/comments/aqa-as-business-buss2-exam-topic-tracker
Im really stressing out as its hard to remember everything. All those facts.. Ugh
Reply 171
Original post by samiya
Hey People! I am so scared for my exam tomorrow! And yeah I have been doing notes from every topic on my notebook. I was thinking before going to bed, I will to a past paper just to get my head around all this...anyone has any other revision tips that my help??? Plus I don't get Boston Matrix...can anyone please explain? XOXO

Eat fish tonight, it's meant to be good for the brain! I wouldn't advise staying up too late, you may just get really stressed and start to get forget things, which would be pants!! Boston Matrix, if you can try to picture it in your head and in the order that you start as a question mark and mostly end as a dog that should help. Questions marks are low share cause they arent established and high growth, so they are showing potential. So growth slowly increases then your a star with high growth and share. Then you've got your cash cow, which is at the maturity phase, which has high share but low growth cause its already grown. Then the dog, which is really a lost cause. Low and Low really in all areas. Sorry if this is just a ramble!!
8 markers have 0 marks for evaluation. all 8 marks come from good application and analysis.
evaluations are for 12+markers

Thank you!
Does anybody know how to structure a 7/8 -13/15 mark question?
My teacher said:
- Define key word
- Point
- Apply to case study
- Analyse the point
- Repeat steps 2-4 (depending on number of marks)
- Evaluate

But what do i write when i analyse and evaluate a point?
Reply 174
Has anyone phoned up AQA to see what is likely to come up? My friend said he phoned them and they said variance is likely to pop up.

Don't know if anyone has linked this, but this could be useful:

http://www.tutor2u.net/blog/index.php/business-studies/comments/buss2-online-revision-clinic-may-2013

i posted the jan 2013 paper on the previous page if u wanna see it. june 2012 - cash flow vs profitability, TQM, customer service, marketing mix, performance related pay, budgets, calculate labour productivity, increase prices
Original post by Tarmu
Has anyone phoned up AQA to see what is likely to come up? My friend said he phoned them and they said variance is likely to pop up.

http://www.tutor2u.net/blog/index.php/business-studies/comments/buss2-online-revision-clinic-may-2013

Are you serious? They told him. Oh what else?
Original post by Tarmu

LOOL wot?! why would you phone them, they culdnt possibly tell you!?
Does anybody know how to structure a 7/8 -13/15 mark question?
My teacher said:
- Define key word
- Point
- Apply to case study
- Analyse the point
- Repeat steps 2-4 (depending on number of marks)
- Evaluate

But what do i write when i analyse and evaluate a point?

analysis = advantages and disadvantages
evaluation = making a decision, and what factor is the most important that lead you to make the decision you made.
Reply 179
Original post by Tarmu

What else is likely to pop up?? x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending