The Student Room Group

OCR Physics Unit 2 - G482 - (June Exams Preparation)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by yodawg321
Getting B's to High B's on past papers :smile: roll on Wednesday :smile:

How is everyone else feeling?

I'm just clipping the A grade, getting 73 and 74 for the last two past papers I've done. I keep losing marks from the explanation questions mainly. My instincts tell me that the key approach is to just state the obvious... that's how I keep losing marks. -_-

I'm so nervous though. I want to study Aeronautical Engineering in Uni so I really need an A grade for this subject. I've screwed up my ISAs because my teacher sucks and prepared us for the papers in literally 30 minutes, and I got a B for G481 in January (hated how there were so many writing questions and not enough calculation questions, would've gotten a higher mark otherwise). Does anyone know how much of an impact each paper makes on your final AS grade?
Original post by FaisalTreShah
I'm just clipping the A grade, getting 73 and 74 for the last two past papers I've done. I keep losing marks from the explanation questions mainly. My instincts tell me that the key approach is to just state the obvious... that's how I keep losing marks. -_-

I'm so nervous though. I want to study Aeronautical Engineering in Uni so I really need an A grade for this subject. I've screwed up my ISAs because my teacher sucks and prepared us for the papers in literally 30 minutes, and I got a B for G481 in January (hated how there were so many writing questions and not enough calculation questions, would've gotten a higher mark otherwise). Does anyone know how much of an impact each paper makes on your final AS grade?

If you get a decent B for this paper you can still get an A overall for AS! ISA are not a HUGE impact on the final AS grades. What did you get for them overall? (if you don't mind me asking)
Original post by yodawg321
If you get a decent B for this paper you can still get an A overall for AS! ISA are not a HUGE impact on the final AS grades. What did you get for them overall? (if you don't mind me asking)

Thanks man, I hope so! Hopefully you'll get the grade that you want also. :smile:

To be honest with you, I'm not quite sure. I know that I've gotten 5/10 and 13/20 for the first two... as for the Evaluative, I STILL don't know the grade. We did the paper on the last day of the given deadline, he's THAT disorganised. I'll probably pop into college tomorrow to find out.
Reply 303
hey

does anyone have the i-v characteristics of an led/thermistor/resistor/any others please?

find this so confusing..

thanks
Anyone know roughy what raw mark I would need for 129 UMS? Really badly need an A on this paper but I messed up the other one!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 305
apart from papers, does anybody know any good sites with questions on waves and electricity?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by so it goes
Only two sig fig! Wow, wouldn't have guessed that :P thanks! :biggrin:

Haha no prob! :smile: x
Original post by Camellama
ahhh...that's so high :frown:

For full ums it's actually quite low

Posted from TSR Mobile
It would be great if someone can put up all essay questions with mark scheme answers and it will help a bunch thanks :smile:
Original post by furryface12
Anyone know roughy what raw mark I would need for 129 UMS? Really badly need an A on this paper but I messed up the other one!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think 86/100 raw marks
Original post by Layontheland
I think 86/100 raw marks

Definitely not, 86 raw marks would produce ums over 140 i think

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 311
Does any one know the percentage of this exam?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks man, I hope so! Hopefully you'll get the grade that you want also. :smile:

To be honest with you, I'm not quite sure. I know that I've gotten 5/10 and 13/20 for the first two... as for the Evaluative, I STILL don't know the grade. We did the paper on the last day of the given deadline, he's THAT disorganised. I'll probably pop into college tomorrow to find out.

Even if you get a D for coursework getting a high B on both Unit 1/2 can still get you an A overall :smile: Coursework is not a massive effect to the grade
Hey everyone, i'm creating a document with alot of large mark questions (wordy ones) which test your knowledge, i will upload it here once i have done some more! :smile: i will upload on a public google drive to everyone can edit it! lets get some last minute revision done!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/14gr_olceqaCDNE7nvpBT-Um9rVB2tQYbmCRREdbW7b8/edit?usp=sharing
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 314
Here is the link

https://docs.google.com/document/d/14gr_olceqaCDNE7nvpBT-Um9rVB2tQYbmCRREdbW7b8/edit?usp=sharing

im going to have dinner now, i will add more when i return! everyone can edit it so go ahead :smile: you do not need an account to edit.
Original post by OllieGCSEs
Definitely not, 86 raw marks would produce ums over 140 i think

Posted from TSR Mobile

Isn't the total ums of this paper 150?
Original post by Layontheland
Isn't the total ums of this paper 150?

Yes it is, but 100% ums is often given for raw marks as low as 88

Posted from TSR Mobile

73/74 is not clipping the A grade. On average 65 is an A
Original post by OllieGCSEs
Yes it is, but 100% ums is often given for raw marks as low as 88

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know, I only recently found this out.
Its strange. Getting answers wrong but still getting full marks.
:smile: I usually approximate everything general grades
90% - A*
80% - A ect.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending