The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zürich
People forget why Mou left CFC last time...

As I said, I think we'll get somewhere from 75-85 points which at the top end might see us above City and even Utd under Moyes but probably 2/3rd. Even CFC under Mou is somewhat unpredictable whereas everyone knows what good old Arsene will grind out. If we made some proper signings 2 35m players for example) then we'd have a great chance, but knowing Wenger we wont so we'd have to hope all the other 3 slipped up due to new managers.

Oops I somehow missed the bit where you said 80+ points, lol. Yeah all the clubs will be in transition so you'll be at an advantage. Reckon United will feel it the most because of Fergie's powers over the years so you'll have a higher chance of getting ahead of them tbh. Think some people overate Pellegrini but I can see him winning the league with City - especially if they get their rumoured targets (Cavani, Isco, Fernandinho etc.)

Not exactly sure what signings we'll make yet... they could potentially decide the difference between 1st and 2nd... (or even 2nd and third :eek:!)

Well, according to twitter (reliable I know :rolleyes:), Jovetic's agent has confirmed he will join Arsenal. So there's one you'll likely be getting.

If I had to make a prediction now I'd say...

City
Chelsea
Arsenal
Manchester United

but even then, it depends on signings. Next season will be amazing.

edit: I just saw your edit and yes, I agree to an extent - I was thinking similarly. I look at City's squad this season and just wonder how exactly they finished so far behind United.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 3181
We get Mourinho, Barcelona get Neymar, whilst Arsenal get Andre Santos back from his loan.
Cheers Akkuz and FL45H :rolleyes:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Eloades11
Dunno where I read about that, but it does look increasingly likely that David Luiz is on his way out. It'll be interesting to see how Mourinho structures this Chelsea team through the summer, and which transfers will be made.

Oh what!? Luiz has been a great player. Rafa has disciplined him a lot so I think he can fit under Mou's tactics...See 0:26 below, he practically vomits praise onto him.

[video="youtube_share;xLTV3DbVOLg"]http://youtu.be/xLTV3DbVOLg?t=26s[/video]

I would be very disappointed to see Luiz sold over an uneasy relationship with the manager. They should put their personal problems aside and just do what's professional. That's what was so good about Rafa.
hey jam277.. remind me how bayern won't win this years CL because they play in a weak league and have lost 3/4 of their last CL finals?

remind me how real madrid will knock dortmund out in the knockout stages because "it's a completely different game to the group stages" and dortmund don't have the experience to get to the final?

another two of ur predictions go to ****. give up on this
(edited 10 years ago)
According to some Turkish sources we've been linked with Sneijder
Original post by The Assassin
don't embarrass ursef.. rofl
Reply 3187
Luiz and Mourinho have never even worked with each other, so where the rumors that they have a personality clash has come from I have no idea.
Reply 3188
Original post by FloatingBallsack

I got banned for another week because I made a duplicate account whilst I was banned. This is a joke what you're doing/and the lack of reaction from the frankly awful mods on here.

Wouldn't surprise me considering his relationship with Mourinho.

Don't quite see the sense in your post.
Don't quite see the sense in your post.
there is no way sneijder is coming to chelsea, don't get haps.

Original post by Musester
I got banned for another week because I made a duplicate account whilst I was banned. This is a joke what you're doing/and the lack of reaction from the frankly awful mods on here.
then don't break the rules son.

yes, mods on TSR are truly awful because they haven't banned me yet for saying sneijder to chelsea is ludicrous (only 5 minutes ago). sue me, lock me up

why u getting all emotional about it? im expressing my opinion on a football thread, ur going on like i just slaughtered ur family
(edited 10 years ago)
there is no way sneijder is coming to chelsea, don't get haps.

then don't break the rules son.

yes, mods on TSR are truly awful because they haven't banned me yet for saying sneijder to chelsea is ludicrous (only 5 minutes ago). sue me, lock me up

I was reporting that we've been linked with Sneijder - not sure how you received the implication that I was getting 'haps'. Don't need another attacking midfielder anyways.

Anyway, stop updating me what you think please.
arsenal were linked to zidane at some point - doesn't mean anything

all im saying is ur getting too excited man, it aint happening
Jose interview coming up on Chelsea TV in a minute.
jose mourinho is trash. did nothing at real madrid who are 10x the team chelsea are

next
Reply 3196
Mourinho's first game in charge will be against Inter :tongue:
Original post by Musester
Mourinho's first game in charge will be against Inter :tongue:

Actually it'll be against Singha All-Stars on July 17th in the Far-East.
Reply 3198
Original post by Cannotbelieveit
Actually it'll be against Singha All-Stars on July 17th in the Far-East.

What a game that will be.
Original post by Isometrix
Oh what!? Luiz has been a great player. Rafa has disciplined him a lot so I think he can fit under Mou's tactics...See 0:26 below, he practically vomits praise onto him.

I would be very disappointed to see Luiz sold over an uneasy relationship with the manager. They should put their personal problems aside and just do what's professional. That's what was so good about Rafa.

No doubt that Luiz has been one of the best defenders in the PL this season, especially with some world class goals, free kicks and long passes. It would be sad to see him go, but we have Cahill, Terry and Ivanovic, 3 solid CB's who are more than capable at playing there. I don't think we'd perform a lot worse without him.

I reckon we need a big physical player in CDM/CM, much like when we had Ballack under Mourinho. The guy striked fear into the opposition, much like Yaya Toure does for Man City. Essien may be the man, but I've forgotten his play style.

Latest