The Student Room Group

Advanced notice paper F332 OCR SALTERS B

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
This advance notice idea for an exam totally sucks IMO!
Reply 201
Original post by krisshP
How do nitrogen oxides cause smog production and destruction?

Thanks

both NO and NO2 are radicals, they just arent as highly reactive as some other species. NO reacts with ozone to form NO2 and O2. the NO2 can then react with oxygen atoms to release NO and O2...so it acts as a catalyst and completes the catalytic cycle, removing ozone.

smog is a mixture of primary pollutants such as the nitrous oxides and CO and hydrocarbons and secondary pollutants like ozone and NO2. it is produced due to the action of the suns rays on the primary pollutants. and its bad because it causes respiratory problems and reduced visibility in some cases

hope this helps?:confused:
Reply 202
Original post by Rubyturner94

hi5!
Reply 203
Original post by Rubyturner94
no, if its bent they say within the ranges 104-109. 120 is for planar molecules.

Posted from TSR Mobile

how about o3 molecules? what angle are they?
Original post by Hilz14
how about o3 molecules? what angle are they?

Reply 205
I wanna cry!!!!
Original post by srazzle
I wanna cry!!!!

me too, f332 is too much for me :argh:
Reply 207
Original post by madrevision
me too, f332 is too much for me :argh:

I wanna cry as well!

I'm okay with content, but OCR mark schemes are far too specific and for the advance notice, 20% of the paper, we can't prepare much for it :frown:
Original post by krisshP
I wanna cry as well!

I'm okay with content, but OCR mark schemes are far too specific and for the advance notice, 20% of the paper, we can't prepare much for it :frown:

The advance notice seems like they could ask us pretty much anything. I bet they throw in something stupid like draw the structure of tri-nitrogen tetra-oxide (V).

Ok maybe not THAT, but I bet there's some obscure molecule that trips me up :frown:
Reply 209
Original post by King Hotpie
The advance notice seems like they could ask us pretty much anything. I bet they throw in something stupid like draw the structure of tri-nitrogen tetra-oxide (V).

Ok maybe not THAT, but I bet there's some obscure molecule that trips me up :frown:

Wouldn't even be surprised :/ This is OCR chem where 'AdditionalAL' is not allowed but 'Addition' is -.-
Does anyone think that the Jan 13 paper had a ridiculous amount of structure drawing? (isomers etc)
erm guys is the exam in the morning or afternoon ?:colondollar:
Reply 211
Original post by madrevision
erm guys is the exam in the morning or afternoon ?:colondollar:

Afternoon :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by krisshP
I wanna cry as well!

so true for almost every answer on the mark scheme they are like do not allow this and this ffs if you are not specific enough, it's marks down the drain, you can't get any lucky marks as well :rolleyes:haha
I've done so much work on the Advanced Notice and the theory for tomorrow, but I still feel unprepared because of the wording and application of theory, anyone else? :s-smilie:
Original post by srazzle
I wanna cry!!!!

same, definitely dropping next year
I remember the first time I did a mock I ripped the mark scheme in half out of frustration from the amount of pointless marks I was losing :rolleyes:

But seriously, there's got to be something wrong with an exam board where a sizeable chunk of revision is not going over the content, but memorising what specific words you can and can't use.

Reply 217
Original post by district9.75
same, definitely dropping next year

:biggrin: me too:biggrin:
Reply 218
Original post by King Hotpie
I remember the first time I did a mock I ripped the mark scheme in half out of frustration from the amount of pointless marks I was losing :rolleyes:

But seriously, there's got to be something wrong with an exam board where a sizeable chunk of revision is not going over the content, but memorising what specific words you can and can't use.

Exactly you are totally correct
Reply 219
Anyone else panicking now? Or just me that completely forgot about the pre-release :'( trawling the forums for as many possible questions as possible and just cramming tonight :/ At least I have tomorrow morning

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending