The Student Room Group

**AQA BUSS 2 4th June Revision thread**

Scroll to see replies

Original post by samiya
Hey People! I am so scared for my exam tomorrow! And yeah I have been doing notes from every topic on my notebook. I was thinking before going to bed, I will to a past paper just to get my head around all this...anyone has any other revision tips that my help??? Plus I don't get Boston Matrix...can anyone please explain? XOXO

I asked about Boston Matrix few hours ago (just copied and pasted the reply I got: The Boston Matrix is in the Products section of the Marketing Mix. Your product can fall under 4 categories. Cash Cow, Star, Question Mark, or Dog. Cash Cows are the products in the Maturity stage and bring in most money. They have a high market share and a low market growth, as people already know about them and they are popular, hence there high market share. Stars have a high market share and high market growth. These products either just breakeven or make a small profit. Question Marks have a high market growth but low market share. These have potential but either become a Cash Cow or a Dog which has low market share and low market growth. these products are either in the decline section or have not been successful from the begining. You would want to give more shelf space to Cash Cows and Stars, perhaps some for Question marks and not as much for Dogs.
Original post by Tarmu
Has anyone phoned up AQA to see what is likely to come up? My friend said he phoned them and they said variance is likely to pop up.

Don't know if anyone has linked this, but this could be useful:

http://www.tutor2u.net/blog/index.php/business-studies/comments/buss2-online-revision-clinic-may-2013

Why would they tell someone what might come up? :s-smilie:
Is there not a topic tracker? You could check that out.
I doubt that guys friend actually called them up, sounds dodgy..
Original post by Frostyjoe
Is there not a topic tracker? You could check that out.

theres one on tutor2u :smile:
Original post by needtosucceed=)
i'm in year 13 I already did this paper last summer and got an A
im just resitting to get more points to ease the pressure off unit 3+4
feeling okay about it, I havent prepared as much as I would have liked but if you know the content fairly well and apply your answers its not too hard :smile:

what exam technique did you use in order to get your A? :smile:
Original post by coolgirl1999
what exam technique did you use in order to get your A? :smile:

i made a post about 1-2 pages ago, have a look there :smile:
Reply 187
Original post by Frostyjoe

Do you think you could get a good result without revising. Im on page 42 out of 51 and im panicking. I find it really boring.

Best just to take it easy with the revision and just chill to get over nerves bro
Original post by vithusan40
Unit Cost= Total Cost/Output

Labour Productivity= Total Output/Number of Employees

Labour Turnover= (Leavers per year/Number of employees per year) x 100

Return on Capital= (Net Profit/ Capital Employed) x 100

Net Profit Margin= (Net Profit/Revenue) x 100

Capacity Utilisation = (Output/Capacity) x 100

CHEERS
Reply 189
what definitions do you have to know?
Original post by JG1027
what definitions do you have to know?

Look on tutor2u they have all the definitions you need to know.
Reply 191
Original post by rumenaislam
I asked about Boston Matrix few hours ago (just copied and pasted the reply I got: The Boston Matrix is in the Products section of the Marketing Mix. Your product can fall under 4 categories. Cash Cow, Star, Question Mark, or Dog. Cash Cows are the products in the Maturity stage and bring in most money. They have a high market share and a low market growth, as people already know about them and they are popular, hence there high market share. Stars have a high market share and high market growth. These products either just breakeven or make a small profit. Question Marks have a high market growth but low market share. These have potential but either become a Cash Cow or a Dog which has low market share and low market growth. these products are either in the decline section or have not been successful from the begining. You would want to give more shelf space to Cash Cows and Stars, perhaps some for Question marks and not as much for Dogs.

Thank you!!! :smile::redface:
About the Boston Matrix, I understand what it is but how do you use it in a question????
Has anybody got an example of how you can use the Boston Matrix?
About the Boston Matrix, I understand what it is but how do you use it in a question????
Has anybody got an example of how you can use the Boston Matrix?

use it when talking about the types of products. so you say what kind of products the firm currently has, for example dogs or stars, and recommend moving into another type if their current strategy isnt working. tbh i dont think ive ever even seen it in the mark scheme as a relevant point :/
use it when talking about the types of products. so you say what kind of products the firm currently has, for example dogs or stars, and recommend moving into another type if their current strategy isnt working. tbh i dont think ive ever even seen it in the mark scheme as a relevant point :/

So if there is a Low Share High Growth product in the case study. In my answers i would say this is product is a Question mark and then recommend method of moving it into a Star or a Cow.
So if there is a Low Share High Growth product in the case study. In my answers i would say this is product is a Question mark and then recommend method of moving it into a Star or a Cow.

if the product isnt working for them then yep - the case study might mention declining sales or something.
if the product isnt working for them then yep - the case study might mention declining sales or something.

Cheers
Reply 197
Even if what you have written as your answer isn't in the mark scheme but is relevant.... do they still give you marks?!
Original post by abigail16
Even if what you have written as your answer isn't in the mark scheme but is relevant.... do they still give you marks?!

they should
therell be a range of answers not in the mark scheme. if its relevant you should get marks
you know what some examiners are like though..:rolleyes:
Guys, STILL struggling with the evaluation on the long mark questions, can anyone provide ways of getting full marks on the evaluation or tips even, thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending