The Student Room Group

Edexcel M2/M3 June 6th/10th 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
You know why I'm going to fail M3, examsolutions man doesnt do videos for M3 :frown:
Original post by JenniS
You know why I'm going to fail M3, examsolutions man doesnt do videos for M3 :frown:

You've got your teachers? :redface:
Reply 182
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
You've got your teachers? :redface:

Study leaves means they're not there every second I get stuck, which is often :tongue:
Original post by JenniS
Study leaves means they're not there every second I get stuck, which is often :tongue:

There's always good old friendly TSR :wink:
Reply 184
Original post by matthew mc I
that would ne a nightmare. yea i think ill look over the trif identities chapter in a c3 on wednesday to just get me and idea how to use them if the come up. hopefully they dont and its a very basic straight forward paper

You should be alright! Just keep positive :smile: Even if the paper is awful, grade boundaries will reflect that!
Reply 185
There's always good old friendly TSR :wink:

Have you done the january 2011 M2 paper?
Original post by JenniS
Have you done the january 2011 M2 paper?

I have :smile:
Reply 187
I have :smile:

on the last question, how can you be sure to assume the direction of Q is reversed by the collision? (part b)

wait forget that, how do you get the speed of separation as v+w because I did v-w
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by JenniS
on the last question, how can you be sure to assume the direction of Q is reversed by the collision? (part b)

Well you know the speed of P after it's hit the hall and you know what speed Q is moving towards it, you know the coefficient of restitution between the particles so you can work out the speed of P after the second collision and find out whether it's reversed or not.

Original post by JenniS

wait forget that, how do you get the speed of separation as v+w because I did v-w

it depends on what way you took as your positive direction and which direction you assume the particles move in after the collision.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 189
Well you know the speed of P after it's hit the hall and you know what speed Q is moving towards it, you know the coefficient of restitution between the particles so you can work out the speed of P after the second collision and find out whether it's reversed or not.

it depends on what way you took as your positive direction and which direction you assume the particles move in after the collision.

I thought if particles were moving away from each other you minus the faster from the slower?
Original post by JenniS
I thought if particles were moving away from each other you minus the faster from the slower?

It they were moving away, like in opposite directions then you + them :smile:

v - - w = v + w
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Zaphod77
You should be alright! Just keep positive :smile: Even if the paper is awful, grade boundaries will reflect that!

yea general views are that jan 10 was the hardest m2 paper yet and i got basically full marks so im very happy at the minute. did you do s2?
who has a feeling that edexcel are goning to give us one of those fat collions question like jan 09 and june 10
guess what i do
and i know they will give it even if it in the original paper i just have the ****iing feelling
Are there any of those 1 marker questions in M2 where you have to explain how you've used the given information? Like in M1 with then smooth pulleys and such? :smile:
Original post by TheGoldenRatio
who has a feeling that edexcel are goning to give us one of those fat collions question like jan 09 and june 10
guess what i do
and i know they will give it even if it in the original paper i just have the ****iing feelling

Those collisions questions weren't bad :redface:
Those collisions questions weren't bad :redface:

dont be a d!ck :p:E:colone:
Original post by TheGoldenRatio
dont be a d!ck :p:E:colone:

you in year 12?
Original post by JenniS

do u wanna work together then?
Reply 198
Original post by matthew mc I
yea general views are that jan 10 was the hardest m2 paper yet and i got basically full marks so im very happy at the minute. did you do s2?

Nice, well done! I did S2 in January :smile:
Original post by Zaphod77
Nice, well done! I did S2 in January :smile:

how did you do . i did it their on the 24th may was very happy with it :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending