The Student Room Group

AQA Geography GCSE 4/6/13 and 12/6/13

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by CloUpsidedown
Hello, I couldn't find anything on this exam.. I'm doing Restless Earth, Water On The Land and The Coast in the physical paper and Tourism, Population and Changing Urban Environments in the Human... What are you guy's doing? How are you revising? How do you feel about the exam?

I'm doing exactly the same topics.
Does anyone have any idea what could come up questions/case studies wise? I'm really worrying about my geography exams on top of my history
Any help for geography will be appreciated
Reply 41
Wish I found this thread earlier :redface:

What topics are you all doing? I'm doing changing urban environments, Development gap, Tourism.
Original post by lolface32
Wish I found this thread earlier :redface:

What topics are you all doing? I'm doing changing urban environments, Development gap, Tourism.

Yeah the human exam is tommorow

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 43
Original post by HugeBicepLAD
Yeah the human exam is tommorow

Posted from TSR Mobile

physical is on Tuesday :colondollar:
Reply 44
What did everyone think of the exam? What did you write for the last coast question?
Reply 45
Original post by Quantaˌ
What did everyone think of the exam? What did you write for the last coast question?

I outlined the main hard engineering strategies and then evaluated each one. I then compared the overall advantages of hard engineering with soft. (Less management/maintenance required)
Original post by Quantaˌ

Was that the dam and reservoir question?

Posted from TSR Mobile
it was alright, some questions did put me off like the dam/reservoir one
are "issues" positives and negatives or just negative aspects?
im referring to the dam/reservoir questions here
Original post by iwishiwasclever
are "issues" positives and negatives or just negative aspects?
im referring to the dam/reservoir questions here

I discussed both

Posted from TSR Mobile
Tough exam but they always are

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 51
I thought I did rubbish in Unit 1 at the time but somehow came out with full marks (150 UMS). Although I find Human Geography harder, mainly due to the fact is a lot more boring
Reply 52
I discussed both

Posted from TSR Mobile

I only talked about negatives. I felt the word 'issues' has a negative connotation. I mean, there are not really anything such as a 'positive issue', is there?

Overall, I liked the exam even though I messed up on the last question. I started talking about soft engineering when it said choose one and then I realised that I didn't have any facts/case study for it so I switched to hard engineering with about 5 minutes left in the exam...
Original post by Quantaˌ
I only talked about negatives. I felt the word 'issues' has a negative connotation. I mean, there are not really anything such as a 'positive issue', is there?

Overall, I liked the exam even though I messed up on the last question. I started talking about soft engineering when it said choose one and then I realised that I didn't have any facts/case study for it so I switched to hard engineering with about 5 minutes left in the exam...

Well it was 8 marks so I presumed both would have to be discussed. Which section was the hard/soft engineering section?

Posted from TSR Mobile
We did the living world section and it was probably the best section, it was a bit of a gift compared to the others

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 55
Well it was 8 marks so I presumed both would have to be discussed. Which section was the hard/soft engineering section?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I just wrote about 8 different problems with dams, including the environmental, political, economic and social issues. The hard/soft engineering was in the Coastal Zone section (Section 2).
Reply 56
can't believe only 1 case study came up out of the restless earth, the coastal zone and water on the land
Reply 57
What did u guys put for the positive and negatives or primary or secondary for foundation and also the boxes u had to tick for the reservoir lakes
Reply 58
I dont think a case study is necessary for the coasts question but you can't get full marks if dont mention one. What did you put for the river discharge (6 mark question)?
What was the composite and shield volcano answers

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending