The Student Room Group
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast

Queens Belfast Secondary PGCE 2013 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Im waiting for biology too. If they send offers out first im guessin im waiting for bad news. In going to be so gutted if i dont get in because in my eyes its another year wasted. Il be 25 when i apply again next year :frown:
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast
Reply 101
I just hope there is a letter in the post today to put me out of my misery! :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just got home, can't see any letters, got a few parcels that I had ordered....but unfortunately no letters....guess I'll have to look for voluntary or actual part time temp teacher positions if I can :/
Reply 103
Original post by mickyfitz13
Just got home, can't see any letters, got a few parcels that I had ordered....but unfortunately no letters....guess I'll have to look for voluntary or actual part time temp teacher positions if I can :/

This is horrible isn't it?! *Big sigh*. The only hope is maybe its done alphabetical but i doubt that. For temp teacher positions do you not need a PGCE?

Posted from TSR Mobile
No post for me and my surname is B. And you need to be registered on the teaching board to do part time so you do need a PGCE

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DavinaS
This is horrible isn't it?! *Big sigh*. The only hope is maybe its done alphabetical but i doubt that. For temp teacher positions do you not need a PGCE?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Didn't think it's required for sub teacher positions, maybe I'm wrong, oh well I'd be happy with voluntary as long as it gets me experience :/
Reply 106
All we can do is apply again next year!! :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DavinaS
All we can do is apply again next year!! :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, i'll wait it out a few days hoping they haven't sent them all in one go, then after that i'll look for what i'll do for the next year...does anyone have any idea how the reserve list system works?
Reply 108
I got on the reserve last year, they wont tell you how far up the list you are, you just have to wait and see if anyone declines their offer.
Reply 109
Has anyone got a letter since Thursday? It seems all the people who got offers got word on Thursday. Has anyone got a letter to tell them they are on the reserve list?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 110
Original post by DavinaS
Has anyone got a letter since Thursday? It seems all the people who got offers got word on Thursday. Has anyone got a letter to tell them they are on the reserve list?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got my letter today to say I'm on the reserve list for english...I'm not really expecting to get in but I'm quite happy I don't have to chase the postman any more!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 111
Still no post for me. I phoned Queens and they said all English responses have been posted. Really hope there is something tomorrow either way. Then today she said offers, reserve and unsuccessful letters have all been posted at the same time. So, waiting this long doesn't mean a negative outcome. But i don't think its looking good waiting this long! :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 112
Original post by mogsy87
I got my letter today to say I'm on the reserve list for english...I'm not really expecting to get in but I'm quite happy I don't have to chase the postman any more!

Well done getting in the reserve better than being unsuccessful. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
We all need some sort of compensation for stress.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 114
Original post by Wings-Of-Fire

This is a nightmare! Can't believe it's been so long. Crazy!!! Did you not hear anything yet either?

Posted from TSR Mobile
[QUOTE="DavinaS;42948906"]
Original post by Wings-Of-Fire

This is a nightmare! Can't believe it's been so long. Crazy!!! Did you not hear anything yet either?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nothing. And then I read that everything was sent out at the same time so no news doesn't mean not in. I don't even want to think about it right now because if I get my hopes up again I might be devastated all over again. This is definitely a nightmare and I would quite like to wake up now please.
[QUOTE="Wings-Of-Fire;42953526"]
Original post by DavinaS

Nothing. And then I read that everything was sent out at the same time so no news doesn't mean not in. I don't even want to think about it right now because if I get my hopes up again I might be devastated all over again. This is definitely a nightmare and I would quite like to wake up now please.

My wife has her letter sitting here at home right now. I don't want to phone her at work to tell her that it's here, because I don't want to mess up her day.

Like a few of you waiting for letters, this is her umpteenth time applying for this English PGCE (well, her 4th) and I just hope that she gets in. Good luck to the others waiting on word also.
Nope, another rejection letter. She's on the waiting list for Coleraine. Here's hoping that those who have been offered places in both and are taking QUB have the wit to turn down Coleraine quickly so this list can get moving.
Reply 118
Just got my letter it was rejection. That was my 3rd year applying. I've give up!!! Good luck to all who got places.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Strangely I still haven't got a letter yet...it's my first year, if I'm rejected I'm trying again next year...just have to get a full time job and enroll in a course at my tech that might help with the application next time round :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending