The Student Room Group
Craiglockhart Campus
Edinburgh Napier University

Student Accomodation 2013/2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Without the post code? so only " 2 bainfield drive" for me?

Edit: The post code doesn't fit. I just went with the adress. Thanks for the help!
(edited 10 years ago)
Craiglockhart Campus
Edinburgh Napier University
Reply 21
Does anyone know what to do regarding applying for accommodation if Napier is only your second choice?
Reply 22
It's definitely worth looking around at the private sector, guys. I've arranged a room for the academic year that's £300 a month including all bills. At the very least, make sure you've actually read Napier's tenancy agreement and understand what you and your guarantor are agreeing to.
Reply 23
Have you all had unconditional offers? I sent an email in as my Edinburgh napier number wasn't linked to a student record when I tried to log in. They sent an email back with a load of text and "only on receipt of a firm unconditional offer from the university and your acceptance of the same". Its my firm choice but a conditional offer...This surely means i wont be able to apply until after results which is pretty close to the start of the year (and im on Australia which will make it more difficult!)
Reply 24
Hi.
Does anyone have any tips on how to find private accomodation?
I have applied for uni accomodation but as I'm a visiting part year student there is no guarantee that I'll be made an offer.
Thanks in advance. :smile:
Reply 25
i'm doing mental health nursing and have been allocated the new build student halls but just looking at getting a re-allocation because my bursary won't even cover the rent let alone everything else. Anyone know what the wright houses or west bryson halls are like, or anyone else moving there?
Reply 26
thats a shame! :frown: they are very expensive but the others may result in more costly travelling expenses so I would look into that aswell before getting relocated? I didn't get a chance to go into either of those ones you said but been outside Wrights Houses and they are in a lovely location. Been inside Riego Street at the open day and they were nice, basic but the students had made them homely! Hope this helps in some way?
Reply 27
Original post by Frechdax91
Hi.
Does anyone have any tips on how to find private accomodation?
I have applied for uni accomodation but as I'm a visiting part year student there is no guarantee that I'll be made an offer.
Thanks in advance. :smile:

check gumtree

Original post by Anniee94
Have you all had unconditional offers? I sent an email in as my Edinburgh napier number wasn't linked to a student record when I tried to log in. They sent an email back with a load of text and "only on receipt of a firm unconditional offer from the university and your acceptance of the same". Its my firm choice but a conditional offer...This surely means i wont be able to apply until after results which is pretty close to the start of the year (and im on Australia which will make it more difficult!)

some have unconditionals, but i suppose most people still have conditional offers, so they'll all have to wait for results. don't worry, you're not the only one and if you're from Australia, you're guaranteed a place in student accommodation. there is a dealine tho, i think it's the 21st of august, so if you know that you'll get your results after this date, i'd email them and explain. i'm sure theres something they can do for you
Reply 28
Any nurses staying in the West Bryson buildings?
Original post by mel369
Any nurses staying in the West Bryson buildings?

I'm studying adult nursing in sept and will prob be staying there once I apply for my accommodation :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have student accomodation at Riego Street :smile: anyone else got accomodation there? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Blackford Hills House (Block P2), Floor 6, F21.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by moronerz
Anyone else got blackford hills house? Block p2? :s

Yep. :smile:
Reply 33
Original post by NorthCountryMod

I'm on floor 3 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 34
Original post by NorthCountryMod

I'm in Blackford Hills House (Block P2) Floor 6, F21! So we must be in the same flat?
Reply 35
Heya, I am from Ireland and Napier is my second choice. Does anyone know if I am able to apply for accommodation if it is my second choice and not firm? please help clueless!
Original post by NiamhMcK
I'm in Blackford Hills House (Block P2) Floor 6, F21! So we must be in the same flat?

We must be :smile:
Reply 37
Original post by taljana
I'm on floor 3 ������

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm staying on floor 3 as well. :smile:
Reply 38
Anyone on floor 4 flat 15? Block p2?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 39
Original post by Zach Day
I'm staying on floor 3 as well. :smile:

Aw finally :smile: first Person that I've found staying on the same floor :smile: :smile: what flat are you in?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest