The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4340
Original post by Helpfulstudent
For your first question 1 mark for concentration, not sure about the age of snake because they were substituting the snake with a piece of filter paper so surely age doesn't matter.

for your second question 1 mark for first point. Don't know about the second as we don't know if a shorter or longer size is more beneficial for survival.

Thanks so much pal, hope you get an A :smile:
Original post by Liam2404
Thanks so much pal, hope you get an A :smile:

No problem, thanks hope we both get one. :wink:
Reply 4342
No problem, thanks hope we both get one. :wink:

Aha i doubt it, using that unofficial mark scheme and what you just said I've got 69, which should be an A right, but i think unit 1 might drag me down. Will have to wait til results day I suppose :smile: You've definitely got an A - your a walking mark scheme :wink:
The answer really only required there to be 3 chromatids of different sizes.

possible combinations:
Screen shot 2013-06-03 at 20.45.52.png

Well my guesswork payed off this time!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Liam2404
Aha i doubt it, using that unofficial mark scheme and what you just said I've got 69, which should be an A right, but i think unit 1 might drag me down. Will have to wait til results day I suppose :smile: You've definitely got an A - your a walking mark scheme :wink:

haha, I've done so many papers so I know what they sort of want.

I've already got an A in biology for AS. I need a higher A at AS so that I can get my A* at A2 which is why I redid the AS units to get higher As.
improving you AS A to a higer A is not going to get you the A*... you need A* average on all A2 units and atleast An A for your overall A level
Original post by lifeisgood2012
improving you AS A to a higer A is not going to get you the A*... you need A* average on all A2 units and atleast An A for your overall A level

They say its an A at AS and 90%+ in both A2 units.

This is partially true. You need an A at AS at a certain UMS (don't know actual value). Only then can you be eligible to get the A*. I had quite a low A so even though I acheived an A the UMS wasn't enough. Ask your teacher.
Reply 4347
haha, I've done so many papers so I know what they sort of want.

I've already got an A in biology for AS. I need a higher A at AS so that I can get my A* at A2 which is why I redid the AS units to get higher As.

Well Done! I'd be happy with a B tbh, I think a B is an excellent grade for such a hard subject. Good luck, hope you get it!! :smile: You deserve to!
Reply 4348
Original post by amar96
that doesnt stop growth...the asnwer was inhibiting protein synthesis

but technically if the bacterial cell bursts, it can't grow anymore... :P I think there will be a range of answers for this, but osmotic lysis is directly in the specification
Reply 4349
i found the paper prettty easy
Reply 4350
When excess calcium is added to water, effervescence occurs and
A a clear colourless solution is formed.
B a cloudy suspension is formed.
C an orange-red flame is seen.
D a yellow flame is seen.

answers b - why? please can anyone help me:smile:
Reply 4351
Original post by Linked
When excess calcium is added to water, effervescence occurs and
A a clear colourless solution is formed.
B a cloudy suspension is formed.
C an orange-red flame is seen.
D a yellow flame is seen.

answers b - why? please can anyone help me:smile:

well its not c and d because there is no flame,
its added in excess so not all of it will dissolve so no colourless solution

leaves with B? :smile:
Reply 4352
Hi, can someone link me the unofficial markscheme please?
Hey can somebody please tell me what 66 would probably be in terms of UMS?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4354
Original post by walkers38
Guys, I appreciate your criticisms about my mark scheme but hey! those were my answers. was just helping out. i do agree there are few flaws, but you know it better. it gives idea of marks and almost all accurate answers. no bashing please:cry:

Awwwww don't worry I personally thought ur mark scheme was spot on no worries thought it was great man!!!:biggrin: Not trying to be a kiss ass but u know its true
Reply 4355
Original post by Wintabix
Hopefully because I wrote that too!

i said to use paper with no lipids on it
Did anyone write about horizontal gene transmission for the questions about why there were very few bacteria?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Aspiring Medic 7
Hey can somebody please tell me what 66 would probably be in terms of UMS?

Posted from TSR Mobile

around 95% ums going of january ums convertion. This paper was harder so maye 98-97% ums.
Reply 4358
Original post by cc1805
well its not c and d because there is no flame,
its added in excess so not all of it will dissolve so no colourless solution

leaves with B? :smile:

i mean how would you know there is no flame?
Reply 4359
Would I get any marks for saying that centromeres help chromosomes to line up along equator of cell and they help chromosomes to attach to spindle is this 2 marks please answered meeee!!!!!

Latest

Trending

Trending