The Student Room Group

Law Unit 4 14th June 2013 (AQA)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ed-
Hi,

Sorry I took a while. Here are my notes and a sample essay which has a few examples and ideas not included in the notes

Hey :smile:

Just out of pure curiosity what grades did your teacher give you for both essays?
Reply 61
Original post by lankan-gurl
Hey :smile:

Just out of pure curiosity what grades did your teacher give you for both essays?

They're just notes really so they weren't handed in / marked. But I think there's more than I'd be able to write in the time included.

If my exams didn't start on Tuesday I'd type up an essay that got an A but it's probably a bit late now :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ed-
They're just notes really so they weren't handed in / marked. But I think there's more than I'd be able to write in the time included.

If my exams didn't start on Tuesday I'd type up an essay that got an A but it's probably a bit late now :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh ok fair enough, they look quite detailed which is good :smile:
Reply 63
How likley would you say that the justice question may come up on this paper?
Reply 64
Original post by zak94
How likley would you say that the justice question may come up on this paper?

I'd say not likely if I'm honest as its came up past 2 years. However that may be the exam board doing reverse psychology haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 65
Original post by seana39223
I'd say not likely if I'm honest as its came up past 2 years. However that may be the exam board doing reverse psychology haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hasnt it been on the paper the past 3 years in a row?
Original post by zak94
Hasnt it been on the paper the past 3 years in a row?

Justice has been on every paper that's been released for this syllabus, Including the specimen paper.

It's my favourite concepts essay, so with any luck it'll appear again. I think it's because it's the most taught section of the 5 different ones which could come up in the exam.
Reply 67
Original post by Gallifreyan95
Justice has been on every paper that's been released for this syllabus, Including the specimen paper.

It's my favourite concepts essay, so with any luck it'll appear again. I think it's because it's the most taught section of the 5 different ones which could come up in the exam.

Thanks for that, I know morals is another popular one and considering they omitted that last year, maybe it will be justice this year, I hope not though!
Reply 68
Original post by seana39223
Thanks for that, I know morals is another popular one and considering they omitted that last year, maybe it will be justice this year, I hope not though!

I highly doubt that justice will come up this year due to it being on all of the papers so far, however this is just my opinion and there is nothing to say why they wont put it on the paper again this year. I have decided to learn the fault, morals, and the justice essays just in case because one of these three is certain to come up.😊
Original post by zak94
I highly doubt that justice will come up this year due to it being on all of the papers so far, however this is just my opinion and there is nothing to say why they wont put it on the paper again this year. I have decided to learn the fault, morals, and the justice essays just in case because one of these three is certain to come up.😊

Justice, Morals and Fault are the only one's we've been taught so I'm sort of forced into going with them. As much as I believe you are right about the Justice one not coming back up again, I hope it does. Its the one I enjoy writing the most.

If not I hope Morality does come up rather than Fault. I found Fault a little dry.
Still it looks good because on every past paper its oscillated between Fault and Morality with Fault being in the 2012 paper. Of course, it means absolutely nothing, but still I can hope.
Reply 70
Has anyone learnt balancing and conflicting interest and is there any chance I could get any help?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 52807
Has anyone learnt balancing and conflicting interest and is there any chance I could get any help?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope sorry, balancing and conflicting interesting hardly ever comes up apparently it only came up once but it is quite unpopular. I searched it on google and I came up with this link to a previous thread on here http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=946020
I'm sure you can'y just learn one of them and hope that comes up? We've been given
-law and morality
-law and justice
-judicial creativity
and we have to learn all three...
Original post by natasha007a
I'm sure you can'y just learn one of them and hope that comes up? We've been given
-law and morality
-law and justicet
-judicial creativity

You're quite right, its impossible only to learn one and hope it comes up. Well, not impossible, just very very risky. Although Justice has been on every single paper in the syllabus....
Reply 74
-law and morality
-law and justice
-judicial creativity

Yes it is best to learn all three as tha means one of three you have learnt wil definitley come up and some cases all three may come up
Reply 75
Original post by 52807

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have done balancing of conflicting interests and can send you an essay if you want?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 76
-law and morality
-law and justice
-judicial creativity

Yes you're right as the exam board omits two every year. Thus by learning 3 at least one of your topics is guaranteed to come up.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 77
Original post by Halleb9
I have done balancing of conflicting interests and can send you an essay if you want?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yess please that would be really helpful :d

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 78
Does anyone know if for criminal damage does 'lawful excuse' apply for aggravated criminal damage, arson & basic or just basic criminal damage

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 79
Original post by 52807
Yess please that would be really helpful :d

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hope this helps!

Quick Reply

Latest