The Student Room Group

Advanced notice paper F332 OCR SALTERS B

Scroll to see replies

Reply 220
Original post by Alivere
Anyone else panicking now? Or just me that completely forgot about the pre-release :'( trawling the forums for as many possible questions as possible and just cramming tonight :/ At least I have tomorrow morning

just revise the nitrogen part of atmosphere, look up the bolded words in the booklet, remember that they give you the booklet in the exam.
Reply 221
To anyone worry about tyhe ppbv and the ppmv, please learn to use that fact that you need to put the ppmv over a million and ppbv over a billion and multiply by 100, using 10,000 can confuse you in the exam and you mgiht divide by 10000 instead of a 100000 etc. so please do it properly.
Reply 222
Original post by TheNote
To anyone worry about tyhe ppbv and the ppmv, please learn to use that fact that you need to put the ppmv over a million and ppbv over a billion and multiply by 100, using 10,000 can confuse you in the exam and you mgiht divide by 10000 instead of a 100000 etc. so please do it properly.

You mean instead of 10,000,000 :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by super121
You mean instead of 10,000,000 :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wait just to clear things up:
ppm - 10000 multiplication/division
ppbv - 100,000 multiplication/division?
what about pptv?
Reply 224
Original post by nukethemaly
what about pptv?

10,000,000 is ppb
10,000,000,000 is ppt :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 225
what about pptv?

ppb is 10,000,000
ppt is 10,000,000,000

Posted from TSR Mobile
so to work out a ppb, do we multiply the percentage by a billion and divide by 100?
Original post by super121
ppb is 10,000,000
ppt is 10,000,000,000

Posted from TSR Mobile

with this method I can just do the calculations straight away right? I don't need to first divide my percentage by 100 or anything, correct?
Reply 228
with this method I can just do the calculations straight away right? I don't need to first divide my percentage by 100 or anything, correct?

Yep

Posted from TSR Mobile
hey guys i'm gonna post 4 questions from 11 till midnight every 10 mins ( found them online) :colone: to get us all thinking yh ? good idea or not ( I will post the whole document at the end as well ):smile:
Reply 230
is this for the advanced notice, or general questions? if they are general pop them up on the main thread.
Original post by madrevision
hey guys i'm gonna post 4 questions from 11 till midnight every 10 mins ( found them online) :colone: to get us all thinking yh ? good idea or not ( I will post the whole document at the end as well ):smile:

Yessss brilliant idea :biggrin:
Original post by TheNote
is this for the advanced notice, or general questions? if they are general pop them up on the main thread.
for the advance notice :smile:
Reply 233
for for it :smile:
1· How does photolysis play a part in the destruction of N2O in the stratosphere?
· Use a series of equations to show how NO acts in the catalytic destruction of ozone?
· What is meant by the term photolysis ?
· Convert 100 parts per billion to a percentage, for the level of NOX in urban areas
Reply 235
1. Breaks down N2O, N2O absorbs the light and becomes excited which breaks the bonds.
- NO + O3 > NO2 + O2
NO is later restored when NO2 > NO + O so it's a catalyst.-
photolysis describes a chemical reaction involving the absorbtion of light.
- (100/10^9) * 100 = 1*10^-5%
And....2.· Why is the N2O (liquid) into N2O (gas) not a true dynamic equilibrium ?
· Describe how photochemical smog can be harmful to:
(a) the environment ? (b) Humans ?
· The article mentions a reaction with HO radicals, what is a radical?
Give examples of other radicals found in the stratosphere?
· Suggest why the concentration of N2O in the atmosphere has increased since 1820 ?
Original post by TheNote
1. Breaks down N2O, N2O absorbs the light and becomes excited which breaks the bonds.
- NO + O3 > NO2 + O2
NO is later restored when NO2 > NO + O so it's a catalyst.-
photolysis describes a chemical reaction involving the absorbtion of light.
- (100/10^9) * 100 = 1*10^-5%
seeing as there are no answers can you keep posting and i'll create an answer document ? please thanks :colondollar:
hey guys, this is the question sheet that you wanted. I'd appreciate it if anyone could create an answer document please :smile:
numero 3.· What is used as a catalyst in the upper atmosphere in photolytic fission leading to radicals being
formed ?
· Explain why N2O is considered a greenhouse gas?
· Give the symbol equation for the reaction taking place in a catalytic converter to turn nitrogen
oxides (NOX) to oxygen and nitrogen?
Is this oxidation or reduction?
· ‘Nitrous oxide is released into the atmosphere from the soil aquatic systems’. Discuss?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending