The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheIsotope
i spelt mycobacterium as micobacterium, would i still get the mark?

I can tell you mean Mycobacterium, they might let you off... but we all know what the examiners are like; worlds like Glucose, Glycine, Glycogen (i'm sure there's a better example) have to be spelt correctly so there's no confusion.
Reply 2161
guys i wrote about all the t lymphocytes and b lympbocytes antibody stuff in that phagocyte 7 marks question :frown: do i stand a chance of getting any marks....:frown:
People saying that they didn't talk about some things because they were related to F211, I'm pretty sure they're allowed to ask you questions that ask you to apply your knowledge from previous modules? That's what our teacher told us :smile:
Reply 2163
For the reasons of TB how many marks would I get for putting
-overcrowding
-poor ventilation
-constant exposure to someone who had TB
Original post by Sam_1996
For the reasons of TB how many marks would I get for putting
-overcrowding
-poor ventilation
-constant exposure to someone who had TB

First 2 yes, not sure about the last one :smile:
Reply 2165
someone plz reply me...i am just so nervous! i am talking about the description on lymphocytes and antibodies in phagocyte question...is there a chance of getting any marks at all...
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2166
Original post by Riya1
someone plz reply me...i am just so nervous! i am talking about the description on lymphocytes and antibodies in phagocyte question...is there a chance of getting any marks at all...

doubt it..

it was about phagocytosis

maybe some random key words here and there
Reply 2167
Original post by Kits
doubt it..

it was about phagocytosis

maybe some random key words here and there

oh okay thanks btw...guess i am gonna get around 75...dont know if its an A :frown::frown::frown::frown:
Just wondering, how the results from the F211 paper and the F212 paper are combined in order to give an overall AS score?
Original post by jamontoast10
Just wondering, how the results from the F211 paper and the F212 paper are combined in order to give an overall AS score?

F211 = 30% Coursework was 20% and f212 is 50%, then AS is 50% of your A2 grade :')
Original post by ellie2996
Just some quick questions, I'm really nervous so please can you firstly I wrote phagoctyes are non specific because they activate the release of B and T cells which destroy pathogens, they don't do it themselves directly.

Another question, I put protein for the question, the other answer was ribosome. People are saying its polypeptide but I was just wondering? :smile:

Also, I put phagoctyes are secondary response - I said about memory cells and faster response with more antibodies produced.

It would make me feel better if someone could confirm the marks for these, just for some peace of mind :smile:

thanks

omg, I wrote protein as well! Totally thought it was wrong until someone told me before :biggrin:
Original post by lucindaellaaa
F211 = 30% Coursework was 20% and f212 is 50%, then AS is 50% of your A2 grade :')

Thank you :smile:
Reply 2172
Original post by R1C3W1N3
Were cytosine and Guanine at the top?

I drew 3 hydrogen bonds for the top one...

completely forgot what was a purine/ pyrimidine :O

Yes, I think so, because I remember the top left nucleotide being cytosine as this was the one you had to identify.
is the unofficial mark scheme out yet? i have no patience :frown:
Original post by knope
Yes, I think so, because I remember the top left nucleotide being cytosine as this was the one you had to identify.

Thank you :smile:
Original post by susanjan123
is the unofficial mark scheme out yet? i have no patience :frown:

Same here! 2 months

There must be a quicker option, imagine if teachers marked it right after we finish, invigilators double check the grades and make sure the marking is correct?

They just send a mark scheme to each exam center and it's marked there, and maybe even send a couple back for moderation... that was we get a basic idea of our grade (maybe in the same day) or same week!

I'm sure there's some logical reason against this though, just can't think of it!
Original post by R1C3W1N3
Same here! 2 months

There must be a quicker option, imagine if teachers marked it right after we finish, invigilators double check the grades and make sure the marking is correct?

They just send a mark scheme to each exam center and it's marked there, and maybe even send a couple back for moderation... that was we get a basic idea of our grade (maybe in the same day) or same week!

I'm sure there's some logical reason against this though, just can't think of it!

I've always wanted that or perhaps have it so that every school marks another schools paper and then sends the original school the marks and sends the exam board some papers to be moderated, so much quicker
Guys a couple of questions
For the TB spread question I was unsure when they said low income groups so panicked and put poor diet/malnutrition, homelessness, and increased exposure to infected cattle is that right?

Also for immune response when it said why is it non specific I said it isn't triggered by specific antigens and doesn't cause production of lymphocytes, and for why is it a secondary response I said that it had already entered the body and past primary defences.

are these all right?
For the reasons for TB one could I have had

1- overcrowded conditions
2- possible homelessness
3- not vaccinated against TB

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MarkProbio
Hi Ellie, first of all protein and polypeptides are the same thing so you'd get the mark.

Phagocytes are secondary defenses, not in the secondary immune response. So nothing to do with antibodies I'm afraid.

It's non specific as it can act on any antigen as opposed to only one like lymphocytes.

Hope I helped. :smile:

I don't understand why people are asking if it's protein or polypeptide. Have you guys not done any past papers??? IT CAN BE BOTH lol:smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending