Scroll to see replies

Reply 1680
Original post by liabhimani
I'm fed up of this exam and it hasn't even arrived yet :frown:

My thoughts exactly!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone watched this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12YDLZq8rT4

Quite a good, albeit incredibly biased, video on globalisation. Different approach to staring at books all day.
No point in posting on here about how you're going to fail etc.

Moaning gets you nowhere; just dig deep, put your head down and get on with it!
Original post by GLOB
My thoughts exactly!

Posted from TSR Mobile

it's like I'm so tired of revising I want exams to be over and I'm starting to not even care about the outcome of any of mine, I'm just fed up! ARGH what happened to my motivation :frown:
it's like I'm so tired of revising I want exams to be over and I'm starting to not even care about the outcome of any of mine, I'm just fed up! ARGH what happened to my motivation :frown:

I was thinking the exact same thing earlier. Being stuck in studying all day every day is making me crazy.
Original post by JLXP
I was thinking the exact same thing earlier. Being stuck in studying all day every day is making me crazy.

I know and its a shame because I've worked so hard and it's all going downhill now!!! :frown: Trying to motivate myself by imaging how stupid I'll feel on results day when I think back to now! I guess we just have to force ourselves to finish the last leg and then PARTY TIME
I know and its a shame because I've worked so hard and it's all going downhill now!!! :frown: Trying to motivate myself by imaging how stupid I'll feel on results day when I think back to now! I guess we just have to force ourselves to finish the last leg and then PARTY TIME

What's worse is that i've neglected geography revsion for my law exam, so i know i'm in for disappointment. It's so hard to find the balance when i find law harder and need a better grade, just hope i can chat my way around it in the essay on friday.
Original post by JenniS
WORLD CITIES PEOPLE
Re-urbanisation hasn't come up yet, so I came up with a question based one previous years Outline the process of re-urbanisation and describe it's effects
didn't know if anyone wanted to have a go then post it here and we can try and improve each others? :smile:

Reurbanisation is the movement of people back into an area which had previously been in decline. Schemes to regenerate the area such as gentrification, property led regeneration and partnership schemes causes reurbanisation.

Effects of reurbanisation are both both positive and negative and can effect the area both socioeconmically and enviromentally.

Reurbanisation has socioeconmic effects such as the production of jobs through regeneration of buildings thus proving construction jobs, administartive work etc. this can be seen in the reurbanisation of the London Docklands where the redevelopment of old warehouses into flats along the canals provided 100's of jobs. Reurbanisation also increases services such as shops, cinemas etc. for example in Stratford, the large Westfield development has provided a local source of entertainment and well as providing over 3000 jobs for the local area. Reurbanisation can also have positive effects on local transport, with improved rail and bus works networks. In stratford this can be seen through the development of The light Dockland Railway and the development of priority bus lanes.

There can also be negative effects of reurbanisation, the improved standard of housing and living, increases local house prices often far beyond the reach of locals. For example gentrification in Notting Hill means a maisonette flat can now cost a £1 million, which many cannot afford. This may create tension between local residents of contrasting wealth. Increased house prices often leads to developments of small boutiques, restaurants, local farm shops driving the cost of living higher. For example Notting Hill is famous for its up market restaurants such as the sausage and mash pub.

There are also effects on the environment, these are mainly positive as they prevent the building on new green site lands and use brown site land. Saving habitats and open space. Regeneration schemes and consequently reurbanisation allows previously contaminated land to be cleared and given a new purpose seen in the regeneration of the Stratford area for the olympics.

Not the best answer. Feedback appreciated :smile:

Q: Explain the impact of one out of town retailing centre on local CBDs
Reply 1688
If tropical biomes come up in the essay question for ecosystems, I might have a little song and dance on my exam desk!
I'm praying I can actually decipher the tectonics essay question so badly..I need to nail the essay. English exam over so 3 days of cramming begins..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JLXP
What's worse is that i've neglected geography revsion for my law exam, so i know i'm in for disappointment. It's so hard to find the balance when i find law harder and need a better grade, just hope i can chat my way around it in the essay on friday.

I've neglected all my other exams for geography and now I can't even do geog LOL just wanna sleep until it's over! But I do think you should prioritise the exam you need a better grade in, the human topics are okay to bs through for geog anyways! good luck for law :smile:
Reply 1691

I'm fed up of this exam and it hasn't even arrived yet :frown:

Exactly the same feeling here, does anyone know the rough grade boundaries for what it will take to get an A in unit 3?

As well for anyone doing the plate tectonics essay question, are you only focusing on stuff which has previously come up and not revising the whole tectonics spec??
Predictions for world cities and ecosystems???
Original post by Khushaali
Predictions for world cities and ecosystems???

I personally guess for world urbanisation in LEDC/ or transport management

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by annemariemoore
I don't understand how you can answer this question. Does it want you to discuss management? That's the only way to answer it that I can see. :confused:

Bring in the effects on people, so u explain how a tsunami is formed I.e drawdown etc which is the natural disaster following the quake then bring in human stuff, no warning system in Indonesia = pop. Had no idea what was coming their way. Then go specific with the cast study human impacts out way natural Justin death toll/injury etc
Then bring in quake studies contrasting areas ( San Fran= conservative & Gujarat, India)
Comment on levels of dvpt, pop density, climate, built environ, I.e synoptic India = monsoon- homeless due to weak structure, warm & wet = disease= death + LEDC = inadequate healthcare.
San Fran is more prepared, has actions in place + building regs are tightened
Volcanic= impacts, lava flows burn through houses, people can evacuate, gentle eruption I,e mauna loa contrast sourfieré hills, pyroclastics = city buried in 10m of ash & mud

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 1695
What's your predictions for the weather and climate topic?
Reply 1696
Original post by mackie0088
Reurbanisation is the movement of people back into an area which had previously been in decline. Schemes to regenerate the area such as gentrification, property led regeneration and partnership schemes causes reurbanisation.

Effects of reurbanisation are both both positive and negative and can effect the area both socioeconmically and enviromentally.

Reurbanisation has socioeconmic effects such as the production of jobs through regeneration of buildings thus proving construction jobs, administartive work etc. this can be seen in the reurbanisation of the London Docklands where the redevelopment of old warehouses into flats along the canals provided 100's of jobs. Reurbanisation also increases services such as shops, cinemas etc. for example in Stratford, the large Westfield development has provided a local source of entertainment and well as providing over 3000 jobs for the local area. Reurbanisation can also have positive effects on local transport, with improved rail and bus works networks. In stratford this can be seen through the development of The light Dockland Railway and the development of priority bus lanes.

There can also be negative effects of reurbanisation, the improved standard of housing and living, increases local house prices often far beyond the reach of locals. For example gentrification in Notting Hill means a maisonette flat can now cost a £1 million, which many cannot afford. This may create tension between local residents of contrasting wealth. Increased house prices often leads to developments of small boutiques, restaurants, local farm shops driving the cost of living higher. For example Notting Hill is famous for its up market restaurants such as the sausage and mash pub.

There are also effects on the environment, these are mainly positive as they prevent the building on new green site lands and use brown site land. Saving habitats and open space. Regeneration schemes and consequently reurbanisation allows previously contaminated land to be cleared and given a new purpose seen in the regeneration of the Stratford area for the olympics.

Not the best answer. Feedback appreciated :smile:

Q: Explain the impact of one out of town retailing centre on local CBDs

I would say thats a damn good answer :tongue: I didn't actually think to use gentrification when I wrote mine. Might what to mention that its mainly young people who are involved in re-urbanisation etc. Can't fault it much though!
Reply 1697
i've got past the stage where i can't remember the figures for everything, and now i can't remember what all the different figures are for... :|
Reply 1698
Original post by MSUddin
What's your predictions for the weather and climate topic?

Global warming would be great.
Reply 1699
hi guys i was just wondering as I've lost my results sheet from last year so can't work out what raw/ums marks i got if anyone could help!! I got a mid B last year (I think it was around the 150 mark??) Does anyone know what I'd need to get an A/B this year?! thanks :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest