The Student Room Group

The Physics PHYA2 thread! 5th June 2013

Scroll to see replies

Original post by masryboy94
no worries, honestly, any help needed and i will be happy to help :biggrin:. erm firm choice (top choice) King's College London (AAA) and insurance (back up) Queen Mary (BBB).

Great! Hope you get the place at King's college! :smile:
Took this in January. Thank god I don't have to resist. Anyways, may the force be with you!
Original post by StalkeR47
Great! Hope you get the place at King's college! :smile:

thank you bro :biggrin:
Just revise everything Sophie. The 6 mark question that was on the jan 2013 paper can be repeated again. Who knows. :smile:

Mehh. So little time, so much to do!
I shall try.
Btw you need a name :P I see your posts everywhere; you can't be called 'stalker' haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by x-Sophie-x
I shall try.
Btw you need a name :P I see your posts everywhere; you can't be called 'stalker' haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

HAHA! Thanks! You can call me stalker! So, how are you feeling about the physics unit 2 exam?
I shall try.

Posted from TSR Mobile

And what do you mean by "everywhere"? HAHA :smile:
thank you bro :biggrin:

no probs. :smile:
Original post by star10159
Took this in January. Thank god I don't have to resist. Anyways, may the force be with you!

Thanks! :smile::biggrin: You too!
Going to have some chicken wraps in a moment! YAYYYYY :smile: Soo hungry. :frown:
BRB. Can not wait to eat my chicken wraps. HAHA :biggrin:
Reply 710
Hey, could somebody please link me the jan 2013 paper / mark scheme? I can't find it :frown:
Original post by excal9
Hey, could somebody please link me the jan 2013 paper / mark scheme? I can't find it :frown:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2306278&page=31&page=31 scroll down to post 602 by stalker47
And what do you mean by "everywhere"? HAHA :smile:

Stalker it is xD

Quite confident, but it could go awfully if its not a nice paper. You? :smile:

Everywhere as in bio, chem, physics, maths threads :P (if I'm not mistaken). I think we took a lot of the same exams :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 713

Cheers :biggrin:
Original post by excal9
Cheers :biggrin:

no worries :smile:
Stalker it is xD

Quite confident, but it could go awfully if its not a nice paper. You? :smile:

Everywhere as in bio, chem, physics, maths threads :P (if I'm not mistaken). I think we took a lot of the same exams :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

well i've seen you almost everywhere loool not surprised seeing how many posts you made on TSR :tongue: haha
well i've seen you almost everywhere loool not surprised seeing how many posts you made on TSR :tongue: haha

Haha xD I've had TSR a looonnngg time :L

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

ooo i can tell miss overlord !! lool :P
putting aside the sexual favours :tongue: here goes:

lets say the distance between the centre of 2 adjacent slits is 'd' which can be worked out by doing 1no.of.slits.per.metre \frac{1}{no.of.slits.per.metre}. so as the wavefront of the source comes in, it diffracts at an angle θ \theta towards the screen, this can be calculated by using a protractor or a spectrometer. if you get constructive interference you know that the path difference for say the first order is λ \lambda. now using some trig, we know that sinθ=oppositehypotenuse sin\theta = \frac{opposite}{hypotenuse} . sub in λ \lambda and 'd' to give sinθ=λd sin\theta = \frac{\lambda}{d} . which gives dsinθ=λ dsin\theta = \lambda . now for every maxima or order on the screen, that means you are getting constructive interfence, therefore the path difference with always have to be a whole number (integer) multiple of λ \lambda, so lets call that nλ n\lambda. therefore you get dsinθ=nλ dsin\theta = n\lambda

on the diagram A to C represent λ \lambda

Sweet, thank you for that explanation, in my book, I can follow it up to the dsin(theta) part, but I don't understand how to explain the part with the n in words, and you've just done that, thanks a lot buddy!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry, I just ate my crappy chicken wraps. :biggrin: I am very confident for the exam. Just had ICT exam today. And, sorry, I have never posted anything on the biology section chemistry section. But yeah, maths physics a lot of times. :smile: :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest