The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Princepieman
I won't be doing A-levels :confused:. IB at a UWC (or worst case scenario Highers and Advanced highers)

I actually will have fun, thank you very much! It really doesn't require that much prep, just a couple of hours on a weekend to practice for the SATs, asking other teachers to write reccomendations - they should be willing to fi you've been an exemplary student and writing some essays that are maximum 500 words. I wasn't being serious when I said "full of drones", I was being sarcastic. Generally though, the type of student who thrives at Cambridge is very different to the type that thrives at a top U.S. school - that's more what I was implying.

In the past 2 weeks, I have talked to 3 CEOs at banks (Standard Chartered, UBS etc), 2 managing partners at magic circle firms and an entrepreneur :woo:. I feel like I can speak to anyone now :cool: All in the name of fundraising!

So you're doing IB? Awesome, another cool person around! :five:
Original post by JustaDreamer
I'm with AQA so it's Physical Geography, my topics are Restless Earth (volcanoes-woo), Coasts (self-explanatory), and Water on the Land (rivers-boo)

Ahh, I'm doing an Edexcel paper tomorrow. I don't know my stuff :frown: and I heard that its all about exam technique- my teacher hasn't explained that stuff to us, so bleh!
Original post by dynomit999
The one about Romans and Greeks was alright, i didnt know what a quack doctor was though :L i dont think we were ever told about them, so thats 5 marks probably lost :frown:

I learnt about them in Classical civilisation woop

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5063
Original post by PriyaPaul
Are the boundaries gonna be higher ? What board are you ?

Priya! Hey, i've missed you loads! How are exams going? :smile:

I think the boundaries will be reasonable.... Not too high... Not too low. Actually who am I kidding? Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jina
Priya! Hey, i've missed you loads! How are exams going? :smile:

I think the boundaries will be reasonable.... Not too high... Not too low. Actually who am I kidding? Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Delete some PMs
Reply 5065
Original post by Elm Tree
Delete some PMs

Lolol my bad. Lemme do that just now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jina

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haven't spoken to you in a while

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh dear
I'm royally ****ed for geography tomorrow :frown:
Reply 5069
Original post by Olympiad
Haven't spoken to you in a while

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey! How ya been?

Posted from TSR Mobile
HOLD ON, did you just call me a douchebag? I'm american-nigerian-british, you sir are the douchebag. It's called wanting make an impact on the world, being motivated and competitve - something you aren't going to see a lot of. The vast majority of people who go to oxbridge go because of their grades, not achievements.

Seriously? Have you been to the U.S? Newsflash, I lived there. There are a lot more places to find models and bottles. It depends what kind scene you want, the south is very fun - especially Atlanta and Dallas. The west coast? Miami? Charlotte? Even flamin' Chicago. You, my friend, have london.

NO, I mean I deciphered their direct emails by using the email framework of their firms. :colonhash: Pretty good, I'm waiting for some proposals with alumni. i've raised £3,000 so far - basically in a week.
Reply 5072

Exams.. Need I say more? :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bude8
So you're doing IB? Awesome, another cool person around! :five:

Wooohooo!!! :woo: :woo:

What subjects are you taking?
Reply 5074
HOLD ON, did you just call me a douchebag? I'm american-nigerian-british, you sir are the douchebag. It's called wanting make an impact on the world, being motivated and competitve - something you aren't going to see a lot of. The vast majority of people who go to oxbridge go because of their grades, not achievements.

Seriously? Have you been to the U.S? Newsflash, I lived there. There are a lot more places to find models and bottles. It depends what kind scene you want, the south is very fun - especially Atlanta and Dallas. The west coast? Miami? Charlotte? Even flamin' Chicago. You, my friend, have london.

NO, I mean I deciphered their direct emails by using the email framework of their firms. :colonhash: Pretty good, I'm waiting for some proposals with alumni. i've raised £3,000 so far - basically in a week.

Passion! I love it! Fight fo yo country son!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jina

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahem, you're a little overdue on a PM. Do you mind explaining yourself :mad:
Reply 5076
Ahem, you're a little overdue on a PM. Do you mind explaining yourself :mad:

:frown:

I am ashamed.

Seriously.

I've been thinking about it all week. Isn't that punishment enough. I will make no more promises... And shall surprise you perhaps (one day) by going through my mail and replying to it. :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jina
:frown:

I am ashamed.

Seriously.

I've been thinking about it all week. Isn't that punishment enough. I will make no more promises... And shall surprise you perhaps (one day) by going through my mail and replying to it. :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Fair enough, I don't really mind. :redface: I was just pulling your strings. Exams are more important than a PM, it can wait. Good luck!
Reply 5078
Fair enough, I don't really mind. :redface: I was just pulling your strings. Exams are more important than a PM, it can wait. Good luck!

I've had my strings pulled a lot today. I'm loving it. -_-

Haha thank you for understanding! My respect for you has gone up a notch. Merci!

Posted from TSR Mobile
It is true that you will find a larger percentage of these "douches" you speak of at the top american universities. But, it's no different at Oxbridge and the London Unis, they have a different type of douche: the public school, mommy/daddy's girl/boy type of douche. Also, I would like to add that if you actually TALK TO THE STUDENTS at these colleges, most are down to earth and are in no way "douchey". I still don't see how you've changed heart over a mere day of thinking about this. Your views that you have used to convince yourself are seemingly baseless; what I'm saying is: take a trip to some campuses and speak with british students there. They will most likely be having a blast.

Don't take any of this to heart, I am simply curious to how you have changed your mind that quickly

You've only sampled a minute region of a country that spans 4 time zones of course you'll have some presumptions - that generally won't be true until you experience these other places for yourself.

I have until the last week of July, I'm pretty confident I can do it. Hopefully one of the CEOs (who is an alumni) can help me out.

Latest