The Student Room Group

Edexcel - Chemistry Unit 2 - 4 June 2013

Scroll to see replies

So I got 0 hours sleep on Sunday night, thought I'd go to bed relatively early for me (10pm) last night to get a nice long sleep... And I've been up since 4am -_-

Anyone else doing some last minute cramming?
Original post by Gnome :)
So I got 0 hours sleep on Sunday night, thought I'd go to bed relatively early for me (10pm) last night to get a nice long sleep... And I've been up since 4am -_-

Anyone else doing some last minute cramming?

i am :s-smilie: just wanna get over this! :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jollygood
Good Luck everyone !!

thnxx :smile: u too!! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Exams in afternoon right?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1184
Original post by posthumus
Sorry I'm not sure quite what you mean? The apparatus ? Burette,conical flask & pipette ?

SO4 has charge of -2
therefore Cr2 has +6 charge
+6/2 = +3

yeah i mean what solution goes in what apparatus in the titration
Reply 1185
Original post by Matterhorn
Exams in afternoon right?

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah :smile:
Hi everyone :smile: I have a couple of questions about bond angles:

What is the bond angle of OF2?

Are the bond angles in octahedral molecules (e.g. SF6) 90 and 180?

Thanks!
Original post by wanna_get_A*
i am :s-smilie: just wanna get over this! :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not long now, just the final little push :smile:
Original post by abisha
yeah :smile:

Cheers (:

Alright so for ozone how do cfc's split to form hcl? Because there are no hydrogen in cfc's? Is that hydrogen just from the surrounding air? Would any gas that has cl be a potentially damaging substance cause it splits to form cl radical?
Thanks in advance

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1189
Original post by paperclip345
Hi everyone :smile: I have a couple of questions about bond angles:

What is the bond angle of OF2?

Are the bond angles in octahedral molecules (e.g. SF6) 90 and 180?

Thanks!

OF2 same has H20 104.5 or 105

octahedral has 90 and 180 as u said
Original post by ramanan
OF2 same has H20 104.5 or 105

octahedral has 90 and 180 as u said

I swear I learnt from the cgp book that all the angles In an octahedral shaped molecule are 90 degrees? Was that wrong?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I swear I learnt from the cgp book that all the angles In an octahedral shaped molecule are 90 degrees? Was that wrong?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The Edexcel textbook says the same thing but other websites and revision guides say it is both 90 and 180. I'm so confused :frown:
The Edexcel textbook says the same thing but other websites and revision guides say it is both 90 and 180. I'm so confused :frown:

The shape is 90 degrees so it makes sense if it's 180 degrees (straight line) :smile:
Reply 1194
can someone explain me what is s1 and s2 mechanism? And the difference beween them?
Cheers (:

Alright so for ozone how do cfc's split to form hcl? Because there are no hydrogen in cfc's? Is that hydrogen just from the surrounding air? Would any gas that has cl be a potentially damaging substance cause it splits to form cl radical?
Thanks in advance

Posted from TSR Mobile

CFCs split to form chlorine free radicals. These free radicals can then react with methane to form HCl.
Reply 1196

vspr6.gif

the angle B-A-B is 180 so octraheral has bothe 90 and 180
Why can the reaction of unsaturated vegetable oils with hydrogen and a nickel catalyst be called addition and reduction? I get the addition bit but don't know why it's reduction

Posted from TSR Mobile
Why can the reaction of unsaturated vegetable oils with hydrogen and a nickel catalyst be called addition and reduction? I get the addition bit but don't know why it's reduction

Posted from TSR Mobile

Reduction can be defined as:
-gain of electrons
-loss of oxygen
or
- gain of hydrogen.

In this case, the hydrocarbon gains hydrogen, and so is reduced
Sf6 has to be only 90 as if u try place ur pencils like the shape of an octahedral u cannot get 180 as there is another f atom bond inbetween to form 90.
Try check utube for some videos.
90 as far as i know.
hope that helps somehow :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending