The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2560
Thanks everyone! I'm just having fun cramming these conditions and equations.. fml

Posted from TSR Mobile
Someone help me with this question please! Thanks and much appreciated, in advance! :biggrin:
Maybe I'm just being stupid but I don't understand the answer to 4 e) ii) on the may 2012 paper. Could anyone explain it to me please? anyone?
Original post by Blashnet
what're the conditions?

400 Degrees Celsius, 200 Atmospheres, and an Iron Catalyst :smile:
Reply 2564
Guys for oxidising agent [O], is it

H2SO4/K2CrO7
Or
CrO7 2-/H+

/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nivvy21
Someone help me with this question please! Thanks and much appreciated, in advance! :biggrin:

I would've done your calculation :confused:
you know when you find out empirical formula, they give you percentage composition- so you do that divided by the mr and you get moles for each element- do you have to then divide by the smallest mole number? Cause in the book you do- but in the mark scheme for the infrared questions you don't O_O
Original post by wndms
Guys for oxidising agent [O], is it

H2SO4/K2CrO7
Or
CrO7 2-/H+

/

Posted from TSR Mobile

I believe you can use either, but personally acidified potassium dichromate is easier to remember :tongue:

EDIT: Essentially they're the same thing. The acidified part being the proton H+, replacing the metal ion and leaving a dichromate ion :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2568
How do you use mass spectrometry to 'determine relative isotopic masses'?
Original post by wndms
What are the conditions of alcohol to ketone plz anyone

Posted from TSR Mobile

-heating
-secondary alcohol
-acidified potassium dichromate
Original post by Jess96
How do you use mass spectrometry to 'determine relative isotopic masses'?

The peaks will be at each isotope. You kook at the height of the peaks which tells you the abundance of each isotope, then you can do a calculation from there

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2571
that feeling when you've done so much revision but you feel like your brain is completely empty......just before the exam....
Reply 2572
Original post by Zebrajess
The peaks will be at each isotope. You kook at the height of the peaks which tells you the abundance of each isotope, then you can do a calculation from there

Posted from TSR Mobile

thanks! simpler than I realised, ha
Reply 2573
Good luck to everyone! Hope you all get the grades you want :smile:
Original post by cookiess
you know when you find out empirical formula, they give you percentage composition- so you do that divided by the mr and you get moles for each element- do you have to then divide by the smallest mole number? Cause in the book you do- but in the mark scheme for the infrared questions you don't O_O

Ahhh I saw that! But in the markscheme on the side it shows mol calculations as well :tongue:. I believe you get the same answer either way, so as long as you show your working out it should be fine :biggrin:
can anyone link me the the jan 2013 paper please it would be very helpful !
Reply 2577
Anyways guys! Thanks for all your help! hope I was of some help too! GOOD LUCK! :biggrin:
Reply 2578
Original post by Bambrianne
can anyone link me the the jan 2013 paper please it would be very helpful !

first post
Original post by CRW1996
Maybe I'm just being stupid but I don't understand the answer to 4 e) ii) on the may 2012 paper. Could anyone explain it to me please? anyone?

It's really frustrating me, can someone plz give my a quick explanation?

Latest

Trending

Trending