The Student Room Group

**AQA BUSS 2 4th June Revision thread**

Scroll to see replies

Reply 280
Original post by JG1027
anyone what did you get for the variance was it adverse? :confused:

It was £154,400 adverse.
WHAT THE **** IS DEBT FACTORING? I ASKED MY TEACHER AFTER THE EXAM AND HE DIDNT EVEN KNOW? Does anyone know what it is? I wrote about the overdraft, is that right?
Reply 281
i got (-153) didnt you have to get the actual profit variance - the budget profit variance :confused:
Reply 282
did you have to leave it in pounds :eek:
Reply 283
Debt factoring is letting other businesses buy your debts.
Reply 284
is it ok if i put a mark and said my answers were in £000 and put my answer as adverse -153
Reply 285
Original post by JG1027
is it ok if i put a mark and said my answers were in £000 and put my answer as adverse -153

Usually on the mark scheme they will have a lot of answers, so I am sure you will be fine. Even if you said it was in pounds.
True the last question did lack information in the case study

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 287
I can't remember what I put for the variance I think it was around the 150,000 mark and it was Adverse
Reply 288
Original post by GeorgeBarrett1
True the last question did lack information in the case study

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha I know right! Couldn't really think of much, but in the end I came up with ideas. The room were were in was stuffy as well, and really hot!
Reply 289
I got adverse 80.9 or something..

Debt factoring I put that it was when the business receives immediate cash and then has to pay charge because it receives money immediately.. and said it was good for them as they had 35 trade credit to customers and only 15 days receiving cash from suppliers therefore their cash flow will be minus and debt factoring will help them keep more inflows and for drawback said it costs them a lot due to (charges) and also said that their position is already deteriorating..
Anyone put thiss??
Reply 290
Original post by rumenaislam
You're not suppose to be discussing the exam! Some people haven't even took it yet so you're just making it easier for them.

good point!
Original post by rumenaislam
You're not suppose to be discussing the exam! Some people haven't even took it yet so you're just making it easier for them.

That's only for Edexcel, I think.
Reply 292
Original post by lidiya

Debt factoring I put that it was when the business receives immediate cash and then has to pay charge because it receives money immediately.. and said it was good for them as they had 35 trade credit to customers and only 15 days receiving cash from suppliers therefore their cash flow will be minus and debt factoring will help them keep more inflows and for drawback said it costs them a lot due to (charges) and also said that their position is already deteriorating..
Anyone put thiss??

Unfortunatelly, u are wrong, they do not pay anything as "charge"
Also, ud better say that debt factoring provides maximum 80% , in rare cases 85-90% of debt as immidiate cash, and caltulate those % of the debt from customres ^^
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 293
I guess admins should close this topic for now, its not about only the laws of website, its against the laws of exams in general and its policy. you MUST NOT discuss any thing what was in the exam..untill 12 pm
Reply 294
"Exams from the examination boards AQA, OCR, CCEA, WJEC and CIE (other than orals and practicals) are fine to talk about straight after the exams. In any situations where exams from these boards are taken internationally, the exam board is satisfied that appropriate controls are already in place."
Reply 295
Original post by LaughingGas
"Exams from the examination boards AQA, OCR, CCEA, WJEC and CIE (other than orals and practicals) are fine to talk about straight after the exams. In any situations where exams from these boards are taken internationally, the exam board is satisfied that appropriate controls are already in place."

Wont be arguering, just said in case of safety e.t.c )
Reply 296
Original post by nevmov
Unfortunatelly, u are wrong, they do not pay anything as "charge"
Also, ud better say that debt factoring provides maximum 80% , in rare cases 85-90% of debt as immidiate cash, and caltulate those % of the debt from customres ^^

yeah,,but still they have to give money because of the immediate cash!
Original post by lidiya

Anyone put thiss??

I got 80.9 too I'm not sure how people got 150 :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 298
Original post by nevmov
Wont be arguering, just said in case of safety e.t.c )

There isn't much to discuss really, every point is right, as long as it is relevant.
Reply 299
Original post by Tarmu
Has anyone phoned up AQA to see what is likely to come up? My friend said he phoned them and they said variance is likely to pop up.

Don't know if anyone has linked this, but this could be useful:

http://www.tutor2u.net/blog/index.php/business-studies/comments/buss2-online-revision-clinic-may-2013

Looks like my friend was right, glad I listened to him :cool:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending