The Student Room Group

OCR A2 LAW G153 Criminal Law 1 - June 2013

Scroll to see replies

Yh its unlikely to come up.

so what does everything will come up for q1 q2 q3?

i really hope its duress or intoxication for q1

has anyone got any good sample essays on causation?
Original post by A sheesh
Yh its unlikely to come up.

so what does everything will come up for q1 q2 q3?

i really hope its duress or intoxication for q1

has anyone got any good sample essays on causation?

Yeah, ive been looking at duress, intoxication, attempts, causation and omissions for Q1
Q2 and Q3 ive looked at teft+robbery+burglary, OAP + consent, and again causation and omissions. Going to look over Involuntary manslaughter later today.
Will be doing a load of essay examples as well later, il send you them when im done?
Anyone got any suggestions on what might come up on Q3?
I know how to answer them but not sure whats expected
Reply 643
Hey, can anyone tell me any reforms there are for actus reus??? If it comes up as an essay you need reforms, right?
Original post by danjones22
Anyone got any suggestions on what might come up on Q3?
I know how to answer them but not sure whats expected

I presume you mean the 5 mark problem questions? Property offences could come up for one of them, as they make quite good problem questions. As you'll know mate, it's complete guesswork :smile: They may put property on as an essay, who knows.

Regarding strict liability, we haven't even been taught it. My teacher had a period of severe illness so decided not to bother teaching it. If it comes up, I won't even have to read that question. :tongue:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Converse Rocker
I presume you mean the 5 mark problem questions? Property offences could come up for one of them, as they make quite good problem questions. As you'll know mate, it's complete guesswork :smile:

Regarding strict liability, we haven't even been taught it. My teacher had a period of severe illness so decided not to bother teaching it. If it comes up, I won't even have to read that question. :tongue:

I know its difficult to guess where everything will be. Im hoping theft in the problem question and Offences against the person in the last one. Tbh that the other way round would be fine as well lol.
Im not looking at Strict liability either. Have you looked much at voluntary and involuntary manslaughter?
Just curious of everybody elses opinion on what I'm leaving out for Q2: I've completely revised non fatal OAP + theft/burglary/robbery.

I'm also going to revise involuntary manslaughter for Q2 but - am I right in saying I can completely miss out voluntary manslaughter (DR/Loss of Control)? I've never seen a Q2 with both invol+vol in together in a scenario but unsure if I'm just being blind.

Likewise, I was going to just briefly learn murder only briefly (am I right in saying invol + murder is unlikely to be together?)

I'm getting anxious since I still have robbery+burglary to go over today as well as everything one last time. The exam has came so soon! If anybody has a Q2 involuntary manslaughter essay they could send me I'd be grateful? :tongue:
I know its difficult to guess where everything will be. Im hoping theft in the problem question and Offences against the person in the last one. Tbh that the other way round would be fine as well lol.
Im not looking at Strict liability either. Have you looked much at voluntary and involuntary manslaughter?

I'd agree with that, OAP I find okay as an essay. Decent amount of cases you can put it. Theft is also a good essay as you just fire your way through the sections of the act. That said, I did a practice essay that was solely on appropriation, which was pretty harsh I thought.

I just did a little bit on voluntary and need to at least look at involuntary. I'd rather avoid both of them completely though. You pal?
Yeah, ive been looking at duress, intoxication, attempts, causation and omissions for Q1
Q2 and Q3 ive looked at teft+robbery+burglary, OAP + consent, and again causation and omissions. Going to look over Involuntary manslaughter later today.
Will be doing a load of essay examples as well later, il send you them when im done?

if you dont mind sending ones on causation and omissions for q1?

thank you :biggrin:
I'd agree with that, OAP I find okay as an essay. Decent amount of cases you can put it. Theft is also a good essay as you just fire your way through the sections of the act. That said, I did a practice essay that was solely on appropriation, which was pretty harsh I thought.

I just did a little bit on voluntary and need to at least look at involuntary. I'd rather avoid both of them completely though. You pal?

Ive looked at voluntary, but hoping it doesn't come up. Hardly looked at Murder and thats where they come up normally.
Need to look at involuntary, but focusing on my essay questions today. Its slowly killing me :frown:
Original post by feelinginfinite
Just curious of everybody elses opinion on what I'm leaving out for Q2: I've completely revised non fatal OAP + theft/burglary/robbery.

I'm also going to revise involuntary manslaughter for Q2 but - am I right in saying I can completely miss out voluntary manslaughter (DR/Loss of Control)? I've never seen a Q2 with both invol+vol in together in a scenario but unsure if I'm just being blind.

Likewise, I was going to just briefly learn murder only briefly (am I right in saying invol + murder is unlikely to be together?)

I'm getting anxious since I still have robbery+burglary to go over today as well as everything one last time. The exam has came so soon! If anybody has a Q2 involuntary manslaughter essay they could send me I'd be grateful? :tongue:

As long as you are revising the defences to go with OAPA, as there are usually issues of consent and self defence put in there.

You will also need to know causation for involuntary manslaughter, but I don't think voluntary ever comes with it.

But you should be fine with what you are revising for it, non fatal and/or theft are usually always on Q2. You could probably miss out voluntary manslaughter provided you have learnt everything else because it could come up in Q1 or 3.
Ive not done involuntary or volunatary :frown:

and for q1 ive done intoxication, attempts, burglary and duress.

would this be sufficient for q1?

im scared now :frown:
Original post by MonsterMorris
As long as you are revising the defences to go with OAPA, as there are usually issues of consent and self defence put in there.

You will also need to know causation for involuntary manslaughter, but I don't think voluntary ever comes with it.

But you should be fine with what you are revising for it, non fatal and/or theft are usually always on Q2. You could probably miss out voluntary manslaughter provided you have learnt everything else because it could come up in Q1 or 3.

Yep, that's what I thought, just wanted some clarification thanks :smile: Yeah for OAPA I've also revised consent + self defence of use of force... Then for invol mans I've also revised causation + omissions.

Another question - are the cases for omissions + gross negligence manslaughter basically the same? Except you have to specify that to be grossly negligent the person has to go beyond what's expected of a person of their character?
Ive not done involuntary or volunatary :frown:

and for q1 ive done intoxication, attempts, burglary and duress.

would this be sufficient for q1?

im scared now :frown:

ive been told that - Intoxication, Duress, Attempts, causation and omissions are likely to come up. The first 2 are most likely so you should be fine for q1
Ive looked at voluntary, but hoping it doesn't come up. Hardly looked at Murder and thats where they come up normally.
Need to look at involuntary, but focusing on my essay questions today. Its slowly killing me :frown:

I intend to avoid any sort of manslaughter if possible. Murder I need to go over, from what we've been given it seems that the bulk of an essay is made up of proposed reforms.

Good luck with the essays mate! I could do with some more practice today myself. I'll probably do a 50 mark problem as that is where I seem to slip up.

ive been told that - Intoxication, Duress, Attempts, causation and omissions are likely to come up. The first 2 are most likely so you should be fine for q1

Pretty similar to what we've been told, although it's a total guess. If those are the rough guesses for question 1, what about the 50 mark problem? Are people hoping for property offences/OAP?
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by feelinginfinite
Yep, that's what I thought, just wanted some clarification thanks :smile: Yeah for OAPA I've also revised consent + self defence of use of force... Then for invol mans I've also revised causation + omissions.

Another question - are the cases for omissions + gross negligence manslaughter basically the same? Except you have to specify that to be grossly negligent the person has to go beyond what's expected of a person of their character?

Yeah more or less, Stone and Dobinson , Evans and Khan and Khan are all examlples of gross negligence manslaughter. I've seen a past question 2 on involuntary manslaughter and it mentioned things to do with parent-child duties and it gave a scenario of a lifeguard not watching the pool and someone drowned, so that's pretty obvious. :smile:
has anyone left out manslaughter and murder totally: :P
has anyone left out manslaughter and murder totally: :P

I've just learnt the A01 for involuntary manslaughter and murder, not doing the A02.
I intend to avoid any sort of manslaughter if possible. Murder I need to go over, from what we've been given it seems that the bulk of an essay is made up of proposed reforms.

Good luck with the essays mate! I could do with some more practice today myself. I'll probably do a 50 mark problem as that is where I seem to slip up.

Pretty similar to what we've been told, although it's a total guess. If those are the rough guesses for question 1, what about the 50 mark problem? Are people hoping for property offences/OAP?

Yeah were been told to expect at least one question of OAP or property for question 2 or 3. Hopefully one in Q2 and one in Q3 but we will have to see.

Also need to know defences like consent, automatism, and a bit of self defence for OAP
Yeah were been told to expect at least one question of OAP or property for question 2 or 3. Hopefully one in Q2 and one in Q3 but we will have to see.

Also need to know defences like consent, automatism, and a bit of self defence for OAP

so is it possible oap comes as 3 and property not at all?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending