The Student Room Group

AQA GCE Geography Unit 3- 7th June 2013

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Daniel George
I feel like I have forgotten everything :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same, the content for this exam is actually ridiculous considering how much they actually test us on

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jade10128
Same, the content for this exam is actually ridiculous considering how much they actually test us on

Posted from TSR Mobile

hmm, its stressing me out so much!!
Reply 1722
They have retailing in spec1, jan11 and jan13, so I personally wouldn't say its likely. If anything it would most likely be your out of town case study

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you have a link to the Jan 2013 paper?? What was examined for ecosystems and world cities??
Original post by ben10101
Do you have a link to the Jan 2013 paper?? What was examined for ecosystems and world cities??

I don't have a link for it but I can tell you world cities structured was:
7 marker on characteristics of urban decline
8 marker on process of gentrification and its effects
10 marker on evaluating success of the redevelopment of city centre (central retailing area)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1724
I don't have a link for it but I can tell you world cities structured was:
7 marker on characteristics of urban decline
8 marker on process of gentrification and its effects
10 marker on evaluating success of the redevelopment of city centre (central retailing area)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks a lot! So more than likely one type of urbanisation and perhaps waste management or transport management on Friday. Any idea of the ecosystems questions?
Original post by ben10101
Thanks a lot! So more than likely one type of urbanisation and perhaps waste management or transport management on Friday. Any idea of the ecosystems questions?

I was thinking the same - they haven't touched on urbanisation in structured questions yet however waste management was in june12 paper so more likely transport.
I don't do ecosystems - sorry

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1726
anyone else not ready for this exam?! im certainly not :frown:
What level of detail do people have for their TNC case study? And what is the info about - location, organisation?
Reply 1728
Original post by emah123
anyone else not ready for this exam?! im certainly not :frown:

Me! Only just started going over my D&G case studies plus ill forget all of my geography stuff by the time the exam comes around since I have two exams the day before sighhh I'm dreading it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Daniel George
I feel like I have forgotten everything :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

I do too :frown: i hope we will be lucky on the day
Original post by ArsenalBen
What level of detail do people have for their TNC case study? And what is the info about - location, organisation?

We're using Wal-Mart which is in the CGP Revision guide. 3 or 4 lines of basic info. Headquarters in USA, manufacturing of clothes in India, electronics in China. Wal-Mart bought Seiyu in Japan, ASDA in UK and Bompreco in Brazil, so it's a TNC.
Then impacts in USA and host countries
Reply 1731
Original post by GLOB
Me! Only just started going over my D&G case studies plus ill forget all of my geography stuff by the time the exam comes around since I have two exams the day before sighhh I'm dreading it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

but didnt you say you only need like a D in this exam to get an A overal?? atleast you dont need to get an A in this exam like me!!!:frown::frown::frown::frown::frown:
Reply 1732
There's so much crap we need to learn. I feel like scrapping the fourth topic we learnt and going out on a limb with just three.
Reply 1733
Original post by CF25
There's so much crap we need to learn. I feel like scrapping the fourth topic we learnt and going out on a limb with just three.

That's exactly what i've done! I really hope it pays off... :afraid:
Original post by Comp144
That's exactly what i've done! I really hope it pays off... :afraid:

Me too. I'm struggling with three!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1735
Original post by emah123
but didnt you say you only need like a D in this exam to get an A overal?? atleast you dont need to get an A in this exam like me!!!:frown::frown::frown::frown::frown:

Yeah, but even that's looking impossible atm :tongue: Awwh you can do it hun, worst comes to worst, just learn case studies and ace that 40 marker! That's what i'm planning on doing also to get an A is only about 55 marks or so which is achievable! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1736
Is the 40 marker actaully that hard? or are we just making it as hard as it seems? cause 40 marks is a lot and i guess we just imply that examiners mark harshly but saying that they probably do mark harshly....
Original post by Gary
Is the 40 marker actaully that hard? or are we just making it as hard as it seems? cause 40 marks is a lot and i guess we just imply that examiners mark harshly but saying that they probably do mark harshly....

My class was told thàt markers read the essays with positivity... They will give marks where deserved but will not mark down for any inaccurate or vague points (they just won't give a mark which is kind of obvious)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Worried I wont write enough for the essay. I tend to only write about 2 and a half pages but all the good answers I have read are a good 4 pages long. I will certainly be pushed for time!
Reply 1739
Original post by Ellie_May :)
Worried I wont write enough for the essay. I tend to only write about 2 and a half pages but all the good answers I have read are a good 4 pages long. I will certainly be pushed for time!

exactly the same here!

you doing the essay first or last?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending