The Student Room Group

ICE QUEST Scholarship 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
heyy

I'm applying for the scholarship too
really struggling not to sound to cheesy, big headed or up myself though...

Hoping to get in all finished for the week before the deadline :smile:
Original post by KLW
heyy

I'm applying for the scholarship too
really struggling not to sound to cheesy, big headed or up myself though...

Hoping to get in all finished for the week before the deadline :smile:

I'm pretty sure everyone will have some degree of cheese so don't worry.
Mines ready to send but I keep putting it off in case I think of something better to write which is so counter productive xD my reference was also sent ages ago.
Reply 82
Original post by eggfriedrice
I'm pretty sure everyone will have some degree of cheese so don't worry.
Mines ready to send but I keep putting it off in case I think of something better to write which is so counter productive xD my reference was also sent ages ago.

Yeah I guess so... hopefully they'll be sympathetic towards cheese...

Ahh maybe you're slightly doubting something? Just sent it whenever you feel ready I guess. Ah I need to remind my employer to do the reference
Did a final check on my application and just sent it! Hope it's good enough.
Reply 84
Did a final check on my application and just sent it! Hope it's good enough.

Good luck, sent mine last week

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by astrojg
Good luck, sent mine last week

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good luck to you too :biggrin:
Reply 86
Has anyone else got an incomplete application email sayingmake sure you get your referee to send a reference. My referee has already sent the reference though so wondering if anyone knew whether they sent it automatically or just havent processed my reference yet. Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by astrojg
Has anyone else got an incomplete application email sayingmake sure you get your referee to send a reference. My referee has already sent the reference though so wondering if anyone knew whether they sent it automatically or just havent processed my reference yet. Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

I received a email today saying that both my reference and application had been received hence my application is now complete.
However bare in mind that my reference was sent off over a month ago and my application a week or so ago. So they might not have processed it, especially if they have a lot of applicants.
Reply 88
I received a email today saying that both my reference and application had been received hence my application is now complete.
However bare in mind that my reference was sent off over a month ago and my application a week or so ago. So they might not have processed it, especially if they have a lot of applicants.

Thanks, I replied to the email saying that my referee had sent it off so I'l wait to see if I get a response or the complete application email.
Reply 89
Hey,first time posting on here. I am only getting to do my application now (bit late i know).

I'm just wondering, in section c (the actual writing section), it says that answers must fit into the space provided....
Does this mean that the writing cannot go on past the box size (and automatically expand it as it does) ?

Is the original box size (i.e 1/3 of a page for most of them) the limit of the writing?
:confused:
thanks
Reply 90
With me it didnt expand automatically but im guessing so.

Posted from TSR Mobile
One of the boxes expanded for me but it does clearly state not to write over the exceeded amount.
Reply 92
One of the boxes expanded for me but it does clearly state not to write over the exceeded amount.

You are able to expand one of the boxes for some reason, but I wouldn't recommend expanding it in order to write more.
Original post by camelise
You are able to expand one of the boxes for some reason, but I wouldn't recommend expanding it in order to write more.

Yeah I made sure I didn't expand it.
Reply 94
Yeah I made sure I didn't expand it.

I also firmed Bath so may see you next year! I had an offer from Imperial but I preferred the course at Bath and the Uni overall. I really hope I get a scholarship, but if I don't I may do the placement year on my course :smile:
Reply 95
Original post by timcd
Hey,first time posting on here. I am only getting to do my application now (bit late i know).

I'm just wondering, in section c (the actual writing section), it says that answers must fit into the space provided....
Does this mean that the writing cannot go on past the box size (and automatically expand it as it does) ?

Is the original box size (i.e 1/3 of a page for most of them) the limit of the writing?
:confused:
thanks

I could expand mine a bit but there are macros in place that don't let you expand too far - for 1a you can expand it to a full page or so but the others seem to limit you around 300/500 words or so...
I also firmed Bath so may see you next year! I had an offer from Imperial but I preferred the course at Bath and the Uni overall. I really hope I get a scholarship, but if I don't I may do the placement year on my course :smile:

Oh cool :biggrin: I love Bath. I really hope I can get the grades. I've applied for a placement year but the scholarship would be amazing.
Reply 97
Oh cool :biggrin: I love Bath. I really hope I can get the grades. I've applied for a placement year but the scholarship would be amazing.

You should be okay, what is your offer? I think I can change from full time to placement at any point before the third year so I've got lots of time to think about it.
You should be okay, what is your offer? I think I can change from full time to placement at any point before the third year so I've got lots of time to think about it.

Yeah I'm sure you'll be able to change pathways quite easily.
My offer is A*AA or AAAA with an A in EPQ.
What about you?
Just sent off my application! Woo

Quick Reply

Latest