The Student Room Group

**AQA BUSS 2 4th June Revision thread**

Scroll to see replies

Reply 340
Original post by rumenaislam
I ran out of time on the last question only got 3/4 of the way through it. :/ Definitely feel like I'm going to be resitting. Also, what would you need on this paper to get an A if you got an A on unit 1?

I think its about 55/80 - 69% to get an A on this paper (looking at previous years)
not sure how much you will need to get an A overall, depends how well you have done in unit 1
For the debt factoring question I wrote about how they would not receive 100% of the money back as they need to pay the factoring company a fee ... is this right I also wrote about how they should shorten trade credit period??? Any ideas thanksxx
Reply 342
Toss all about quality in the second case study

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tarmu
Looks like my friend was right, glad I listened to him :cool:

Errrrmmm... what so he casually just rang up and was like 'yo whats in the exam' doubt that...
Reply 344
Original post by loptopflop
For the debt factoring question I wrote about how they would not receive 100% of the money back as they need to pay the factoring company a fee ... is this right I also wrote about how they should shorten trade credit period??? Any ideas thanksxx

YEp thats right, u could also write about different ways of impoving cash flow for short and long term. For short term overdraft and debt factoring are the most effective, but debt factoring was not liked by other directors, there fore if cash flow problems expected to be short term the only way to improve it, and keep workers motivated is overdraft (flexible, low int rate in short term)...You can mention that sales and leaseback is effective in short term as well, but doesnt apply to this business, because they want to increase capsity, and sales and leaseback will be very expensive for the long term... In the long term loan is more effective source of finance.. Then u can right that cash flow problems must be solved in the short term-firm will not live long with no liquidity, and therefore overdraft is the best way to improve cash flow for this particular businness, especially when bank supports it ^^ Gust wrote a basic idea
Original post by nevmov
YEp thats right, u could also write about different ways of impoving cash flow for short and long term. For short term overdraft and debt factoring are the most effective, but debt factoring was not liked by other directors, there fore if cash flow problems expected to be short term the only way to improve it, and keep workers motivated is overdraft (flexible, low int rate in short term)...You can mention that sales and leaseback is effective in short term as well, but doesnt apply to this business, because they want to increase capsity, and sales and leaseback will be very expensive for the long term... In the long term loan is more effective source of finance.. Then u can right that cash flow problems must be solved in the short term-firm will not live long with no liquidity, and therefore overdraft is the best way to improve cash flow for this particular businness, especially when bank supports it ^^ Gust wrote a basic idea

for that one i wrote baout how the trade credit was too short and the customer credit was too wrong..for a possible solution i said they could try to get an extended trade credit?
also for the debt factoring i worte that it may dampen the compant image as the business is not dealing with its customers directly which makes them look incompetent and like they cannot put in quality through their customer service? somthing along those lines!
* about
** too LONG
lol sorry
I messed up the debt factoring question a little bit and the calculation a little bit which I am annoyed at. Other than that the paper was generally quite nice. The last 2 questions weren't that bad? The change in payment was great, bought in Taylor, increased labour productivity, the staff felt it was 'generous' and some other bits. Then I said on the other hand it could be problematic because the problem with piece rate pay is it causes staff to rush, could lose out on quality, then came to a judgement.
for that one i wrote about how the trade credit was too short and the customer credit was too long..for a possible solution i said they could try to get an extended trade credit?
also for the debt factoring i wrote that it may dampen the company image as the business is not dealing with its customers directly which makes them look incompetent and like they cannot put in quality through their customer service? somthing along those lines!
Original post by YoloPirate
I messed up the debt factoring question a little bit and the calculation a little bit which I am annoyed at. Other than that the paper was generally quite nice. The last 2 questions weren't that bad? The change in payment was great, bought in Taylor, increased labour productivity, the staff felt it was 'generous' and some other bits. Then I said on the other hand it could be problematic because the problem with piece rate pay is it causes staff to rush, could lose out on quality, then came to a judgement.

thats really good more than what i wrote :/
heres how the 2nd case study went
calculation- good
2nd question- ok threw in some taylor, mayo, job enlargement
3rd q-F******CKKKK im running out of time
4th- yea...im resitting.
Reply 351
Original post by Sunshine1235
Errrrmmm... what so he casually just rang up and was like 'yo whats in the exam' doubt that...

Well, he was right. He told me that it was an hour phone call with the chief examiner and only got one hint as to what could be in the exam. I'm now looking for Edexcel's number to see if I can do the same for my psychology exam tomorrow.
Reply 352
Original post by YoloPirate

Talked about Taylor too.. and said that piece rate is bad because of quality and also the fact that their costs will rise by 175.000or something.. and for the good bit I said that they may be more motivated and increase lab.productivity..
Reply 353
I have no idea how that went.
I got 150-ish for 2a, but don't think i mentioned how it was £000s.

Also, Debt Factoring is 95% according to the aqa textbook, so I wrote that.

Question 1 was really good but hated the second one, pretty much rushed the last three questions.
Reply 354
Original post by MattDowse
I have no idea how that went.
I got 150-ish for 2a, but don't think i mentioned how it was £000s.

Also, Debt Factoring is 95% according to the aqa textbook, so I wrote that.

Question 1 was really good but hated the second one, pretty much rushed the last three questions.

What do you mean by debt factoring is 95%?
Reply 355
Original post by nursy96
What do you mean by debt factoring is 95%?

The business gets 95% of the money, bank keeps 5%
Reply 356
Original post by MattDowse
The business gets 95% of the money, bank keeps 5%

One of my AQA books says the factoring firm keeps between 10-15%... :tongue:
Good paper only struggled w/ timings. Constantly writing up to last minute haha. They really stretch you with the timings. If they want good answers they should either remove some questions or allow you more time. It is very difficult to write strong evaluative answers that apply to the case in the given time period. Bad assessment of skills imo.

Liked the paper though, thats just a general thought about BUSS2
Reply 358
i got 80.9 for question 2a) aswell :frown:.. hopefully will still get 3 marks for formula and working out the costs. Time to Retake :smile:))))))))
I got around 153.9 or something for the adverse variance, only thing I think I messed up on, but will hopefully get method marks. I thought debt factoring was where the bank pays/handles the debts for you? Then you pay the bank for it so you don't like get in deeper debts haha I've messed up! :-( need an A aswell

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending