The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 760
Original post by Kathiye
For the abundance one I got something like 870 million. xD And I can't remember the chlorine one.

for the chlorine one i got something around 40000 dm^3???
Reply 761
Original post by Kathiye
For the abundance one I got something like 870 million. xD And I can't remember the chlorine one.

I got 780 million, but put it as 7.8x10^8
Reply 762
Original post by juniorx
i got something like 2 ethyl 6 methyl hept 2 diene for the first one

FUUUU missed the 2-diene. Will i just lose 1 mark as it was 2 marks?:mad:
Original post by juniorx
what did you get for the abundance one near the end and the volume of chlorine in dm^3?

780million and around 40000dm-3, you?
Reply 764
Original post by imstuckk
i think its nitrate (III) ion

**** thats definetly right
Reply 765
Original post by imstuckk
how did everyone do on the equilibrium question?

I found it okay! I think it was
Increase temperature -> Decreased yield
Increase pressure -> Increased yield
I think that there was another question here, but I can't remember it... xD
Then there was one asking why heating would increase the rate of reaction, which I got a little confused about since it would also decrease it, because of equilibrium stuff. But I just wrote about collision theory etc.
For the one about the backward reaction I put that it would increase the rate of reaction.
Reply 766
Original post by ActaNonVerba
780million and around 40000dm-3, you?

yep but i wrote mine as 78x10^7 (don't think it matters though)
Reply 767
Original post by Ali_Ludley
For both the name the molecules I got:

3,7-dimethyloct-3-ene

1,1,1-triflouroethane

Not sure about the first one but I'm pretty sure on the second one.

I put 3,7-dimethylocta-3-ene, do you think I'll get the mark since I put octa instead of oct?
Reply 768
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nitronium_ion

The NO2+ molecule is here ^^

NO2- is a nitrite ion
(edited 10 years ago)
for the reaction with bromine.. We're we supposed to break both C=C bonds?? or we're we to leave the one in the cyclic chain?
Reply 770
I think that that could work (maybe? I assume that you counted from the other side). I don't know whether you're meant to start with the lowest double bond side or the lowest methyl group side, if you know what I mean. xD Hopefully they'll accept both.
Reply 771
why is it dimethyl. i thought there was a branch on the second carbon with 2 carbons surely making it an ethyl??? And i got a hept 2 diene
Reply 772
Oh! That was probably it. I just got my 8s and 7s mixed up in my memory. xD
Reply 773
Original post by Kathiye
I found it okay! I think it was
Increase temperature -> Decreased yield
Increase pressure -> Increased yield
I think that there was another question here, but I can't remember it... xD
Then there was one asking why heating would increase the rate of reaction, which I got a little confused about since it would also decrease it, because of equilibrium stuff. But I just wrote about collision theory etc.
For the one about the backward reaction I put that it would increase the rate of reaction.

i got the same for the first 2, and for the increasing temperature, i wrote stuff like more molecules will have energy exceed the activation energy, so more successive collisions and rate increase. not sure about the last one
Reply 774
for the reaction with bromine.. We're we supposed to break both C=C bonds?? or we're we to leave the one in the cyclic chain?

well it said excess so i broke both and drew out the full structural (it didn't say you had to but i find it easier that way)
Reply 775
Original post by juniorx
why is it dimethyl. i thought there was a branch on the second carbon with 2 carbons surely making it an ethyl??? And i got a hept 2 diene

You had to look for the longest chain - there should have been an 8 carbon chain with two methyl groups on it. I think that you probably had one of the methyl groups as the end of the chain instead.
Reply 776

Break both of them, there should have been 4Br in the chain.
Reply 777
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nitronium_ion

The NO2+ molecule is here ^^

NO2- is a nitrite ion

here it says nitrate : http://www.benjamin-mills.com/chemistry/nitrate.htm
Break both of them, there should have been 4Br in the chain.

Yh :smile: I just searched it up, but thanks! I put 4br
Reply 779
Original post by juniorx
was that one mark?I definetly got that wrong because i put carbonyl...

Yea, 1 mark

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending