The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
Original post by Kathiye
You had to look for the longest chain - there should have been an 8 carbon chain with two methyl groups on it. I think that you probably had one of the methyl groups as the end of the chain instead.

but it said it was z isomer. i put 2ethyl6methyl hept2diene where the ethyl and methyl gropus are on the same side???
Reply 781
what about the molecular formula of linalool or something..... and was the second functional group alkoxy?
Original post by juniorx
why is it dimethyl. i thought there was a branch on the second carbon with 2 carbons surely making it an ethyl??? And i got a hept 2 diene

If you draw out the full structural formula, it's like H3C-C-CH3; making it dimethyl.

I also got hepta-4-ene. I don't think it was a diene, as there was only one double bond if I remember correctly?
Original post by exams567
what about the molecular formula of linalool or something..... and was the second functional group alkoxy?

C10H16 ring a bell? :tongue:

It was an ether, am not to sure if the mark scheme will allow alkoxy.
Original post by exams567

C10H16 and ether
Reply 785
i got c10 h18?
Reply 786

Well I put the wrong answer anyway ( Nitrogen(III) dioxide ) and I think nitrite is right.
Reply 787
I put that as well :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 788
Original post by abzy1234
If you draw out the full structural formula, it's like H3C-C-CH3; making it dimethyl.

I also got hepta-4-ene. I don't think it was a diene, as there was only one double bond if I remember correctly?

dam i included one of the methyl groups as part of the polymer chain and probably the bit that curved with 2 carbons as an ethyl
was that systematic name meant to be dec-1-ene?

were the answers for the last querstion all in the article towards the end?

was the answer to ppm question 780000000?
was one of the answers like 1.17x10^15
and the one before that like 7. something

err
the equilibrium questions were kinda confusing tbh. what did everyone put?
Reply 790
Question 1 was a b****
The rest of the paper was ok though
if i write outside the space for the answers or underneath the lines do i not et the marks for that or what happens?
Reply 792

how many marks was that?
Reply 793
Original post by NielsBohrsDad
if i write outside the space for the answers or underneath the lines do i not et the marks for that or what happens?

I hope not, I do that all the time. o.o I believe that you get the marks as long as it's obvious that it's part of your answer, and it's inside the box around the whole page. (Tell me if I'm wrong, but I really hope that I'm not. D: )
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by juniorx
how many marks was that?

2 marks :smile:
Reply 795
i iwish grade boundary is 70 or 69 or 68 for an a
Reply 796
2 marks :smile:

:frown: lost 3 marks so far
Original post by juniorx
:frown: lost 3 marks so far