The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by super121
How did everyone find it overall?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Very average. I think the grade boundaries might go up to like June 2012 to around 80 for an A.
Original post by NielsBohrsDad
for the funct group i wrote alkene
and the one after that i wrote phenol!!

It said in that question not to write down the hydroxyl group, so it's not phenol, but ether :smile:
Reply 802
Original post by abzy1234
Very average. I think the grade boundaries might go up to like June 2012 to around 80 for an A.

Yea, I think so too. I sat the June and I found this one easier

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 803
I wrote ester instead of ether, damn.
I thought it was alright, how bout everyone else?

I know of one mark I've dropped (first question I had 2 Br on the molecule not 4!)

Did everyone remember to convert 200kg to 200000g? :tongue:
Yea, I think so too. I sat the June and I found this one easier

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wholly agree. The pre-release questions in this paper were more straight forward I feel in comparison to last year.
Reply 806
2 marks :smile:

wait i probably didn't put diene i might have remebered it wrongly but if you draw out 2,6 di methyl oct5 ene is that also the same as 2ethyl 6 methyl hept 2 ene ? can someone confirm this by drawing it out now????
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 807
I thought the exam went well, now I'm not too sure. unofficial mark scheme anyone?
Q 1. Was 3,7-dimethyloct-3-ene
Original post by Davelittle
I thought it was alright, how bout everyone else?

I know of one mark I've dropped (first question I had 2 Br on the molecule not 4!)

Did everyone remember to convert 200kg to 200000g? :tongue:

Yah, I thought it was a really nice paper!

And yeah, but I nearly got caught out by the mole ratio! If I'm correct, this was the way to do it:

200kg= 200,000g

Mr of NaCl= 58.5

No. of moles in NaCl= 200000/58.5

2 moles of NaCl is required to produce one mole of chlorine, so (200000/58.5)/2.

Then 24dm3 multiplied by (200000/58.5)/2. Which should give an answer of around 41,000 to 3.sf.
Reply 810
What did people put for that question about the relationship between global warming and the concentration in the trophosphere etc? Cant remember it exactly..
Reply 811

And yeah, but I nearly got caught out by the mole ratio! If I'm correct, this was the way to do it:

200kg= 200,000g

Mr of NaCl= 58.5

2 moles of NaCl is required to produce one mole of chlorine, so (200000/58.5)/2.

Then 24dm3 multiplied by (200000/58.5)/2. Which should give an answer of around 41,000 to 3.sf.

Didn't we have to work out the Mr of 2NaCl, apart from that I did the same steps

Posted from TSR Mobile

200kg= 200,000g

Mr of NaCl= 58.5

It didn't ask for sig fig so I put 41025dm^3

Seems right to me though!
Reply 813
Didn't we have to work out the Mr of 2NaCl, apart from that I did the same steps

Posted from TSR Mobile

I worked out 2nacl too
Reply 814
Original post by Fillly
What did people put for that question about the relationship between global warming and the concentration in the trophosphere etc? Cant remember it exactly..

There's a correlation between higher levels of greenhouse gases and increasing temp. It came up in one of the past papers

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

No just NaCl, the 2:1 ratio of NaCl to Cl2 meant you had to half the moles of NaCl (not multiply the Mr by 2).
Reply 816
Original post by juniorx
wait i probably didn't put diene i might have remebered it wrongly but if you draw out 2,6 di methyl oct5 ene is that also the same as 2ethyl 6 methyl hept 2 ene ? can someone confirm this by drawing it out now????

if this is wrong can someone tell me why it is wrong?
I put the same as you did, don't worry I'm pretty sure the mark scheme will accept both - in past papers they always do :smile:
Reply 818
No just NaCl, the 2:1 ratio of NaCl meant you had to half the moles of NaCl (not multiply the Mr by 2)

I did 2 NaCl them divided the no. of moles by 2 :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 819
It didn't ask for sig fig so I put 41025dm^3

Seems right to me though!
might lose 1 mark for accuracy?
(edited 10 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending