The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Would I get away with just putting 'anaerobic (no oxygen)' for the conditions or did you need to put yeast too?
Original post by Lysipud
Hmm I said because CO2 gas is being produced. Reacon I'll get a mark for that?

Since when was CO2 not a colourless gas but CO was..?! If it had completely combusted, there would have been no smoke. I'm pretty sure it was due to unoxidised reactants being released as gas?
I thought it was quite easy, only one question I didn't get at all and it was a 1 marker:

State a biodegradable CFC (or something along those lines): I put Fluorinated hydrocarbons (cause the C-F bond can't break in UV light) but I'm really not sure? Anyone know?
Original post by Pataiiii
Calm down mate, its ok if your poor at chemistry but there's no point venting out your anger on others.

Jesus christ, you obviously don't know sarcasm when you see it haahahah
Reply 3324
Original post by motivatedshroom
You guys are definitely right with the 820. I remember thinking about it and them not doing anything about it sadly in the exam!

Posted from TSR Mobile

In my working out I got 820, but I think i put a wrong number on the answer line, will i lose the marks??
Original post by Onkar-M
I was thinking breathalysers but I put measuring pollutants in the atmosphere because I saw that on a mark scheme too.
Seems like I made careless mistakes like s4 not s4+. Hope it's around 76-77 for an A!

For the s4 bit, that should be alright, when they ask for molecular ion values in terms of 23 m/z or 15 m/z, they do not penalise the + sign, look through some mark schemes to put you at ease :smile:
Is there an unofficial mark scheme yet :smile:
Original post by dawg
C4H9OH or C4H10O I think

They won't accept c4h9oh because that's the general formula method

It's been in quite a few papers
Original post by yodawg321
My face when I saw the 7 marker Boltzman Distrubtion at the end :

tumblr_lxkj3j0mZv1qkmpj8o1_500.gif
Reply 3329
Original post by Loiks94
hmm I got c6h10o

same
Reply 3330
Original post by tamil4
is there a range for temps for the fermentation process? i put 30 :s-smilie:

also will they allow breath analyser instead of breathylyser? i was so certain breathalyser was not a word :frown:

Original post by joe1545
Same i put 35:frown: my brain was saying 37 but my gut was saying 35, and i put breathilyser, but i most likely spelt it wrong. I think they allow phonetic mis spelling so breathiliser would be accepted, 'Breather' would not just as an example

I'm pretty certain the temperature range is 25-37
Original post by Kat12395
Urk, if I spelled breathalysers wrong will I get the mark?:L

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yea you should do, their only picky on spellings if its chemistry related such as mispelling ethanol as etha, i probably spelt it wrong as well, not the easiest of words to spell
Can somebody add a voting chart.
I m crying here and want to see how others did
Reply 3333
Did anyone else notice that this time the questions were actually somewhat "helpful" with what you should write as the answers? I feel as though the longer answers had a lot of guidance
It really irritates me when people just randomly pop up just to ask if the paper of unofficial markscheme is up, just expect others to do it and cannot even be asked to read the answers everyone talked about before. *rage*
Original post by jacksonmeg
The question about the french science guy, catalyst has no effect on the position of equilibrium right? only increases rate of reaction?

Well in the case of the question, both reaction rates decrease but equilibrium position is unaffected.
Reply 3336
Original post by GeneralOJB
Wonder how many pages this thread will hit. This time I will be the first post on the 200th page.

no I will beat you again :wink:
like page 100
Reply 3337
Original post by jacksonmeg
i did the exact same molecule, (didnt know what 9 carbons was called lmao)

Hahah exactly the same!!!!
Reply 3338
Original post by Gotzz
I'm pretty certain the temperature range is 25-37

What would happen if you literally put "yeast present" :s-smilie:
What do you think the grade boundary for an A is guys??
I Made SUCH stupid mistakes! :frown:
What did you guys get for the molecular formula for m/z peak 128?? I was so confused?

Latest

Trending

Trending