The Student Room Group

A2 Economics - F585 June 2013

Scroll to see replies

Right, for the diagram I have a theory. I am aware that LRAS shift was probably the right thing to do but I chose something different:

A diagram showing a depreciation in the exchange rate due to fall in demand for the currency (exports).

This would explain the recession (exports fall).
The high inflation would be due to the increased cost of domestic firms sourcing raw materials from abroad = higher cost of production = cost push inflation

Is this also valid?
Reply 841
hi everyone

for the diagram question 2b, i did ad shifting left, but at the end i crossed the whole page as it was wrong, so i asked for additional paper so i can show the AS curve shifting to the left. will my new answer on the additonal paper get marked
Original post by rber
hi everyone

for the diagram question 2b, i did ad shifting left, but at the end i crossed the whole page as it was wrong, so i asked for additional paper so i can show the AS curve shifting to the left. will my new answer on the additonal paper get marked

It should be marked if you put your details on it so the examiner knows its you.

I messed up my diagram (Drew AD outwards) so i scribbled it out and drew the AS inwards. Im hoping the examiner can tell. I put a cross next to the line i scribbled out aswell.
Reply 843
Original post by student_o201
Jut realised for the diagram I did a shift in lras to the right but then stupidly I also did an increase in AD!! So annoyed would I still get marks for this though ?

I did the same thing! So annoyed :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 844
Original post by Infamous12
It should be marked if you put your details on it so the examiner knows its you.

I messed up my diagram (Drew AD outwards) so i scribbled it out and drew the AS inwards. Im hoping the examiner can tell. I put a cross next to the line i scribbled out aswell.

hope so,

i crossed the whole page out and said do not mark this, the answer is on the additional sheet! haha
Original post by rber
hope so,

i crossed the whole page out and said do not mark this, the answer is on the additional sheet! haha

how did you answer the 20 marker? i think i approached it wrong...

defined sustainable development and economic growth
Talked about how growth would lead to development
talked about other factors needed for development (coherent society, eco balance and welfare)
conclusion
I applied for economics at Aberdeen ma is this cours more similar to a bsc degree or ba

what about Dundee ma BSc or ba
I want it to be closer to NSC if it isn't what should I do ?
Reply 847
I did this also talked about speculation on erm2 countries causing incr money supply -> eroding the value of money etc pretty sure its fine

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 848
how did you answer the 20 marker? i think i approached it wrong...

defined sustainable development and economic growth
Talked about how growth would lead to development
talked about other factors needed for development (coherent society, eco balance and welfare)
conclusion

yeh i defined sustainable development and economic growth
gave about 6 points on how high rates of economic growth leads to estonia achieving sustainable development.
talked about their objectives and related it to economic growth
gave about 4 howevers
and then concluded
Original post by rber
yeh i defined sustainable development and economic growth
gave about 6 points on how high rates of economic growth leads to estonia achieving sustainable development.
talked about their objectives and related it to economic growth
gave about 4 howevers
and then concluded

im hoping i get at least 10 marks for it but not sure.

Did you talk about Coherent society and Tallinn and the fact that although they grew, 50% GDP is from tallinn and how the rest of estonia are in relative poverty= social tension and income inequality =not sustainable.
The first two questions were quite nice but the 20 marker completely threw me! I knew how sustainable development could lead to economic growth but not the other way around. :frown:
Don't suppose anybody's put together some form of rough mark scheme have they? Big ask only 4 hours after the exam started mind, just don't fancy asking bout every single question thats all
Reply 852
Very annoyed by how i went about that exam, for the first 6 marker on benefits of eurozone would it be ok to say bigger export market = can take advantage of economies of scale which leads to lower costs for firms and perhaps in long run growth?
Reply 853
guys a 20 marks and the cmt question completely threw me out I did not know what to say. Any suggestion ?
Reply 854
It is ok if I put a trade creation diagram in the 20 marks or not ??
Reply 855
All the short questions were OK, but the 20 marker threw me but I thought I got most of what I needed to write.
TBH, whenever I walk out of an economics exam, I have no idea how I've done LOL
Original post by lucybrown92
Yes I thought it was that!
I waffled on about FDI and drew a left shift of the supply curve and then wrote about FDI withdrawal - oh the joys of jumping into a question without fully thinking about it...story of my life! :redface:

I put withdrawal of FDI and capital flight and so did quite a lot of people, i think they will credit it and the left shift of AS on a correct diagram will get around 4 marks anyway
Guys, does anyone thing i will lose marks for the 6 marker asking to draw a diagram:

I drew the AD line shifting outwards but i scribbled it out and put a cross next to it then i moved the AS line inwards. It seemed pretty clear that it was scribbled out.
Reply 858
Guys, does anyone thing i will lose marks for the 6 marker asking to draw a diagram:

I drew the AD line shifting outwards but i scribbled it out and put a cross next to it then i moved the AS line inwards. It seemed pretty clear that it was scribbled out.

No, as long it was clear, then you shouldn't lose the marks because you drew the right thing :smile:
Reply 859
What did everyone write for that 10 mark international trade question?

Quick Reply